Command the Month: 10 Powerful Prayers for February 2018 + Beginning With the 28 Days of Praise Challenge
O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee. Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us. God shall bless us, and all the ends of the earth shall fear him. – Psalm 67:4-7
This is going to be a quick post.
First, I bring you greetings in the name of Jesus Christ.
Welcome to the month of February.
As you may have read here, this month is our month of praise.
The Holy Spirit is leading us to praise God nonstop all through this month. It’s been called 28 Days of Praise Challenge.
It’s a Praise Challenge because we are going to take our eyes off our problems, needs, and troubles and praise God from the depths of our hearts.
The Bible says:
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.
The Message Bible puts it this way: Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.
Someone said that, “He that praises God prays double.”
Personal, intentional, praise and thanksgiving doubles your prayer power by over a thousand percent.
Praising God radically transforms our souls. It draws down the presence of God, and empowers us to hear the voice of God easily.
A personal prayer of petition is great. But personal, intentional, praise and thanksgiving is greater.
While our situations may not have completely changed, we can thank God in everything.
Thanking God in everything is different from thanking God for everything.
While you may not thank God for cancer, you can thank Him in the pain.
When we thank God in our circumstances, what we are doing is confessing that God is bigger than our situations.
- You can thank God in your debt and financial challenges.
- You can thank God in your sickness
- You can thank God in the midst of your troubles
- You can thank God in the midst of your unmet needs
This way, you are expressing trust that God is bigger than whatever you’re in, or will ever find yourself.
So this month, no matter how serious your personal situation is, join us and let’s give thanks.
All you are required to do daily this month is to spend at least 30 minutes daily and thank God.
How to Participate in the Praise Challenge
- Spend 30 (or more) minutes every day in personal praise and thanksgiving.
- Spend 10 (or more) minutes every day to pray for others.
- No matter how pressing your personal needs are, take your eyes away from them, only praise God and intercede for others
- Whatever can inspire praise and worship in you, involve in it this month – get songs, sing, dance, worship, etc.
- Be very very watchful. God will speak to you and give you strange ideas and directions this period. Write down every new thought and revelation that God brings to your heart or through a vision or dream
- Share your praise report. Share your testimonies
Songs of the Day
10 Prayer Points to Activate the Power of Praise in You
- O LORD, baptize me with the power to praise this month, in Jesus name
(Lay your hand on your head)
- Holy Spirit, uproot from me all forms of bitterness, sorrow, regret, and self-condemnation. Give me the zeal, confidence and the right words to remain in praise this month, in Jesus name.
- I command myself to accept the call of praise this day, in Jesus name
- As I praise God this month, I declare that the earth will yield her increase for me and God will bless me, in Jesus name.
- Thou month of February, manifest my needs in Jesus name.
- I decree the peace and blessings of God upon this month of February, in Jesus name
- I rebuke every form of distraction projected to distract me from praise this month, in Jesus name
- Thou my soul, Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise Him in the heights! Praise Him, all with His angels; praise Him, with His hosts!
- Father, today, I pray, let all that is within me praise thee forever and ever, in Jesus name.
- Spend some time and praise God in songs and open declaration, in Jesus name.
Praise Focus for Today
Praise God for who He is, as revealed by His names.
There are many names of God. Below are some to get you started. Research other names of God and spend time praising Him for revealing Himself in His name.
- El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty)
- El Elyon (The Most High God)
- Adonai (Lord, Master)
- Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)
- Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)
- Jehovah-Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
- Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)
- Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
- Jehovah Tsidkenu (The Lord Our Righteousness)
- Jehovah Mekoddishkem (The Lord Who Sanctifies You)
- El Olam (The Everlasting God)
- Elohim (God)
- Qanna (Jealous)
- Jehovah Jireh (The Lord Will Provide)
- Jehovah Shalom (The Lord Is Peace)
- Jehovah Sabaoth (The Lord of Hosts)
And a host of other names of God
- We may not make daily posts, but we will surely make posts at least twice a week to update on this challenge. But please continue to praise God this month and to follow the instruction
- This is the book of the month: Praise Warfare. Endeavor to get this book and any other material that will inspire your praise life this month.
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Jesus Christ is the LORD.