Finally, believers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable and worthy of respect, whatever is right and confirmed by God’s word, whatever is pure and wholesome, whatever is lovely and brings peace, whatever is admirable and of good repute; if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think continually on these things – center your mind on them, and implant them in your heart.
The things which you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things [in daily life], and the God, who is the source of peace and well-being will be with you. – Philippians 4:8-9(AMP),
It’s fasting day 13.
Please note the following…
For the guideline and up to date information for this fast, read:
- Fasting Day 1
- Fasting Day 2
- Fasting Day 3
- Fasting Day 4
- Fasting Day 5
- Fasting Day 6
- Fasting Day 7
- Fasting Day 8
- Fasting Day 9
- Fasting Day 10
- Fasting Day 11
- Fasting Day 12
- To send a prayer request to us this season, click here
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Please continue to follow the direction of this fast. As we continue to study the WORD of God, pray and wait on the LORD, His grace for victory and all-around restoration is released in our lives in Jesus Name.
Culled from the book Prayer Wave
“It is the little things that make the big differences.” – Winston Churchill
Our attitude is something that defines us, determines who we are, and commands what happens to us in life.
Our attitude can make all the difference in business, relationship, and life.
I have sat in counseling sessions and listened to seemingly severe relationship crisis. But when you look at the problem holistically, you’ll realize that the problem is just an attitude issue. I’ve seen great prayer warriors and Bible teachers destroy their lives and families because of their conducts, lifestyles, and attitudes. I’ve seen great destinies ruined due to wrong attitudes.
If there’s one thing we must do to please God and enjoy His blessings in our lives this year, it is to check our attitudes, pray for deliverance from negative strongholds, attitudes, habits, and lifestyles that are indirectly waging war against us.
Many times, the devil just plants some wrong attitudes and habits in our lives and walks away. Then while we’re busy binding and casting him, our attitudes will be the one doing the damage to our lives.
Name Your Stronghold
By nature, we’re all defensive when it comes to our mistakes. We will always want to push the blame elsewhere, and not us. For example, Adam blamed Eve; Eve blamed the serpent, and the serpent blamed God. That’s how we reason until today.
It takes a lot of courage to accept your weaknesses and negative attitudes and seek help. But such courage comes with a lot of blessings.
So ask the LORD to search your heart and show you those minor thoughts, belief patterns, response manners, and attitudes that are deeply rooted in your life, warring against you through you. Then attack these strongholds and pull them down by presenting them before the LORD in prayers today.
SCRIPTURES FOR MEDITATION
Ephesians 5:15-17 – Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
Colossians 4:5 – Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time.
James 4:17 – Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.
John 9:4 – We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work.
Romans 12:1-2: “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
Psalm 1:1-3: “Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,
“But whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.
“That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.
2 Corinthians 10: 4-5: The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
To Deal with Negative Habits, Emotions, and Strongholds
- Almighty Father, I come to You today to surrender my body to you. I hand over my thoughts to you.
I dedicate my mind, imagination and attitude to you henceforth, in Jesus name.
- O LORD, uproot out of my life every inner argument and unbelief contesting your Word in my life, in Jesus name.
- I hereby arrest every negative thought in me, resisting the move of the Holy Spirit. I command these thoughts to wither by fire right now, in Jesus name.
- Every spiritual stronghold in my life working against the knowledge of God, I pull you down right now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I command all the false gods contesting for worship in my life, die by fire right now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Every bad habit in my life, causing a barrier between me and the power of God, O LORD, let your fire destroy them right now, in Jesus name.
- From today LORD JESUS, plant in me an everlasting hatred for lust anger, bitterness, alcoholism, smoking, drinking, and overeating, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. (Name any stronghold you have identified as your challenge)
- I claim my freedom from every destructive habit. In Jesus name.
- You spirits of anger, lust, dishonesty, lying, spiritual laziness, pride, exaggeration, alcoholism, smoking, gossiping, and criticizing – by the blood of Jesus, I am forever free from all of you.
I command you all to leave my life now and go into the abyss in Jesus name.
- O LORD my Father, whatever evil effect upon my life, resulting from my characters, past mistakes, or addiction to negative thoughts, words and habits, LORD, set me free, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- O LORD, whatever curse and obstacle my wrong associations and friendships have brought upon my life, let them be destroyed today in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, from now onwards, surround me with the right people – surround me with people who will challenge me towards a godly and excellent life. In Jesus name.
- “From today, Almighty Father, I commit myself never to walk in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stand in the way of sinners, nor dine with mockers.
“I commit myself to delight in the WORD of God and fellowship. I shall henceforth depend on God’s WORD day and night, and its power shall work in me always to bear the right fruits.
- “I am like a tree planted by the side of the river. My strength shall not fail. From season to season I shall bear fruit… in Jesus Mighty name.
To Overcome Procrastination
“O Heavenly Father,
I am asking for help with my tendency to procrastinate and put off important tasks, studies, assignments, projects, and serious personal conversations until the last minute.
Thank You for all of the times You rescued me from my own bad habits when I didn’t deserve it because I didn’t work and plan ahead.
LORD, here are the specific things I always find myself putting off until they absolutely have to get done…
(Mention particular areas of procrastination)
I now confess my faults and offer my guilt, my stress and the loss of personal productivity to you, asking for Your helping presence.
I pray that You will give me self-knowledge into the reasons and into the root causes of why I put things off. Is it avoidance because of fear of failure, anxiety over whether I can do the job that keeps me from starting or finishing?
Is it that I am too easily distracted by things I really like doing?
Is it because I have been running on the false assumption that I work better under pressure?
Is there something else going on that you’d like to show me?
LORD, I ask that You to please give me a greater appreciation of the preciousness of time.
I thank You that You are the Lord of order, of creation and history. You have created seasons, months and days, sleep and wake, life and growth.
I am grateful that even though You live outside of time in eternity, You understand how I feel because Your son Jesus had to make decisions and take actions about what things He should make a priority.
Help me to define my priorities and then follow the example of how Jesus got up early before sunrise and went off to lonely places to pray because it was on his priority list and He knew if He put it off till later, it wouldn’t get done. (Mark 1:35)
Please guide me, LORD. Help me set proper time priorities and stick with them.
Give me self-discipline.
Empower me to ask others for help when I don’t know how to get started or how to finish up. Give me confidence in my ability to do big tasks. Help me to overcome the temptation to do other things that I’d rather be doing that are less important. I know that You want me to live a healthy, productive life. Help me learn how to break this habit. Empower me in my weakness. Bring me back when I stray. Focus me. Organize me. Remind me. Energize me.
Help me make this year a year of great productivity.
In Jesus name. Amen.