Fasting Day 6: Prayer for Restoration of Hope, Encouragement and Confidence.
“David was greatly distressed because the people spoke of stoning him, for all of them were embittered, each man for his sons and daughters. But David felt strengthened and encouraged in the Lord his God.” – I Samuel 30:6
It’s fasting day 6.
Please note the following…
For guideline and up to date information for this fast, read:
- Fasting Day 1
- Fasting Day 2
- Fasting Day 3
- Fasting Day 4
- Fasting Day 5
- To send a prayer request to us this season, click here
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Please like our Facebook page and share this post
Please continue to follow the direction of this fast. As we continue to study the WORD of God, pray and wait on the LORD, His grace for victory and all-around restoration is released in our lives in Jesus Name.
The reading for today was also our reading for yesterday. But we discussed the first part of that verse and prayed it. Today, we’re looking at the second part, which says that “David felt strengthened and encouraged in the Lord his God.”
Today we’re going to pray for confidence and courage to follow God’s plan for our lives this year and beyond.
There’s the tendency for failures, losses, and pains of the past to make us deeply fearful, discouraged and unable to step out again and dare, to take steps to accomplish and live God’s will for our lives.
For instance, many people who have had heartbreak can sometimes find it difficult to accept love again. If not properly dealt with, their bitter experience can make them conclude that they are not going to live and love again.
The same thing can also happen to people who have lost money in business, job or investment.
That is why God’s restoration will usually begin with the restoration of hope, confidence, and courage that despite what has happened in the past, the best is coming out of it.
Two things we must learn from that passage:
- This year, we must learn to encourage ourselves. You must learn to take back your courage and dare to step out to fulfill the plan of God for your life. You must not dwell on the failures of last years, or keep regretting the inactions of yesteryears.
- When things get too bad, and friends and acquaintances fail us, we need the power to stand, to encourage ourselves, and to move on.
Like David, we need to encourage ourselves in the LORD from time to time, and continue in God’s will for our lives.
Our prayer focus for today is centered on divine encouragement on all fronts this year as we serve God and walk in His will for our lives.
- Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, I thank You because You are not a man that fails. Everything You have said concerning me is coming to pass. Thank You for standing for me at all times, in Jesus’ name.
- Father LORD, I pray, send me encouragement in every area of my life this year, in Jesus’ name.
- Today, LORD, I claim victory over the forces of discouragement this year, in Jesus name.
- This year, O LORD, I come against the powers of depression, confusion of mind, fear and doubt, in Jesus name.
- I decree that this year, the LORD is with me. He is my helper, my strength in weakness, and the lifter of my head. Therefore, I shall not fear the plans, threats and intentions of mere mortals, in Jesus name (Psalm 118: 6, Hebrews 13: 6)
- O LORD, baptize me with the courage to walk in your plans for my life this year, in Jesus name.
- This year, O LORD, help me to never dwell on my failures, weaknesses, and mistakes of the past. Help me to only focus on your love, wisdom and the new things you are doing in my life and destiny, in Jesus name (Isaiah 43:18-20).
- I speak to myself today and command myself to be confident in the LORD all through this year. I command myself to be bold and step out and walk in the plan of God for my life, in Jesus name.
- O LORD, I speak to the four corners of the earth this day. I speak to the east, west, north and southern parts of this world. I command encouragement and help to come to me all around this year, in Jesus name.
- This year, O LORD, make me an overall victor. I reject all forms of victim and loser mentality. I decree that my victory in all aspects of life becomes real this year, in Jesus name.
- I claim back my confidence and courage. I claim hope, focus and inner strength to make the best of my relationships, career, business, ministry and family, this year, in Jesus name.
- O LORD, clothe me with patience as I wait on Thee for the restoration of all that concerns me this year, in Jesus name.
- Pray more as the LORD lays in your heart.
Read, Meditate, Declare
1. Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
2. 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
3. Hebrews 10:35-36 – Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
4. Hebrews 13:6 – So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
5. Psalms 27:3 – Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
6. 1 John 4:18 – There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
7. Psalms 138:8 – The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.
8. Galatians 2:20 – I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
9. Philippians 1:6 – Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
10. Proverbs 3:26 – For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.