What is God Saying to You (3)? Praying Through Your Decisions (Also Included: Powerful Prayers to Surrender Your Choices & Decisions to the Lord)
1. I highly recommend that you get my book on How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life for a step by step guide on learning the voice of God.
2. Read: What is God Saying to You? Part -1 – Prayers for the Month of May
3. Read: What is God Saying to You? – Part 2 – The Power of Listening Prayer
5. Join our Facebook Prayer Group
8. Please share this post.
Not All That Glitters Are Gold
In my post, Taking the Right Decisions, I shared a personal story that happened to me some time ago. The reason I believe so much in praying through any decision is that it can be the difference between success and failure. It can be the difference between peace of mind and unexpected troubles. In fact, it can even be the difference between life and death, prosperity and poverty and so on.
In my book, Prayers that Break Curses, I talked about the curse of disobedience to divine signals. I stated clearly that I believe that this self-inflicted curse is the greatest curse in life. Let me tell you why.
In 2009, I registered a company, and in 2010, I went into a business partnership with two friends. We decided to raise funds for trading. Our business plan looked good and we seemed so qualified for our business idea and direction.
It wasn’t long before people started bringing funds to us for business. Our terms were that their capital was secured, no matter what. Things were looking so good that one could literally look at tomorrow and believe that we were made.
But there was a small problem. Inside me, the CEO of the company, I had this uncomfortable feeling that all was not going to be well. I was just uncomfortable about the whole arrangement – the partnership, the business, everything. I couldn’t really see any physical reason for this “uncomfortability”, because all seem to be in order. The money was coming in, people were responding to our business plan.
Moreso, we had spent days praying, fasting, and sowing seeds in different ministries for divine backing, so why the inner fear? Why the inner discomfort?
I called my friends and told them that we need to dissolve this business and refund our investors right away. I didn’t have any other proof except that I know that this inner discomfort was a sign of danger ahead. Unfortunately, they looked at me like I was nuts. The accountant used figures to prove me wrong.
So we had to continue.
Fast forward, in 2011, we did some wrong transactions and that was it. We lost every fund with us. We wound up and ran into huge debts, followed with all manner of crisis. The investors, all of them, wanted their monies back. And so began a long fight that has lasted several years, a fight that only the grace of God is helping to see me through.
What Went Wrong?
As you know, there’s nothing wrong with going into a business partnership or raising external capital for business. Nothing whatsoever.
But the fact is that not all that glitters are gold. God is the one who knows our tomorrow better than our paper plans do. So submitting to Him is better than our smartness.
I also believe in giving, fasting and praying for a spiritual breakthrough. Our ministry is built around fasting, praying, worship, giving and other spiritual revelations for daily victory. But these acts cannot replace obeying God’s signals and direction. In fact…
We may give so much and yet not be blessed. We may fast and pray so much yet still be oppressed so much, if we are ignoring or not listening to God’s inner signals, revelations and directions.
Don’t ever forget these scriptures:
This is a lesson I’ve learned the hard way. And now, if there is one prayer I pray every day, it is that I hear Him and submit to His will per time. This has also formed a very vital aspect of my teachings.
The world is a dangerous place to live. The devil is working hard to destroy humanity and cause people to go through all manner of pains (John 10:10), including Christians. But our God wants to protect us from all manner of dangers and the traps of the devil. However, only when we learn to submit to His direction can He help us have the abundant life that we desire
Learn to Pray Through All Your Decisions
Oh well, there are decisions we can take, like what to eat, what to wear and so many others that do not need praying through. But I believe that many of our daily decisions need praying through.
Don’t take major decisions, like where to work, where to live, business to invest, who to marry, who to employ, etc, without praying through.
By praying through I mean spending time to pray, think and read scriptures until there is some assurance in your spirit to proceed or not about the issue in question.
Sometimes you may add some fasting and withdrawal and possibly take some days before coming to a decision on what to do. Whatever price has to be paid to take the right decision is definitely worth it.
Many wonderful people of God are going through very unpalatable situations because they did not take time to pray through the choices they made. Many were in a haste to get things done. Many just wanted what they want and wouldn’t budge to anything else. They only prayed for God to support their choices, not to discern if those choices were His will after all.
In marriage, for example, I counsel people that you don’t have to jump into the best looking person. The first thing to do is to pray through and listen to what the LORD is putting in your heart. Many think I’m old school when I say stuff like that. Only if they sat with me and listened to the bitter stories I hear every day.
Ok, I understand what you may be thinking, so let me say it upfront…
Praying through a decision does not mean you won’t have some issues or problems eventually. No. However, it guarantees that come what may, you’ll have victory because God is with you.
Below I have provided you with some prayer points to help you pray through when trying to make some decisions. You can use these prayer points to commit your thoughts and plans to the LORD and watch for His thoughts and inspirations.
God reveals profound mysteries beyond man’s understanding. He knows all hidden things, for he is light, and darkness is no obstacle to him. – Dan 2:22 (TLB).
The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him, and he will shew them his covenant. – Psalm 25:14 (KJV)
God will show me profound mysteries beyond man’s understanding because He knows all hidden things. He is light and darkness does not stop Him. He will show me His secret because I fear him. And He will establish me in His Covenant, in Jesus name
1. Thank God for the revelation power of the Holy Spirit.
2. Heavenly Father, to whom no secret is hidden, make known unto me the depths of this situation…..(mention the name of the thing) in Jesus name
3. O LORD, remove from me any persistent buried grudges, half-acknowledged enmity against anyone, and every other thing that can block my spiritual vision in Jesus name.
4. Let every idol of personal opinions and conceptions present, consciously and unconsciously in my heart concerning this issue be melted away by the fire of the Holy Spirit in Jesus name.
5. O LORD, please give unto me the spirit of revelation and wisdom in the knowledge of you.
6. Remove spiritual blindness from my eyes henceforth in Jesus name.
7. O LORD, teach me the deep and secret things about this matter, in Jesus name.
8. I refuse to fall under the manipulation of spirits of confusion in the name of Jesus.
9. O LORD, teach me to know that which is worth knowing, and love that which is worth loving, and to dislike whatsoever is not pleasing to Your eyes in Jesus name
10. Henceforth, I declare that I will not make foundational mistakes in my decision making in the name of Jesus.
11. Father in heaven, please make your way plain before my face in Jesus name.
12. God, You who reveals secret things, make known unto me Your choice for me in this issue.
13. Holy Spirit, open my eyes and help me to make the right decision. Guide and direct me in knowing Your mind on this particular issue in the name of Jesus.
14. I stand against all satanic attachments that may seek to confuse my decision in the name of Jesus.
15. If….(mention the name of the thing) is not for me, O Lord, re-direct my steps.
16. In the Name of Jesus Christ, I bind the activities of ….
i) ungodly infatuation
iii) ungodly family pressure
iv) demonic manipulation in dreams & visions.
v) attachment from/to the wrong choice
vi) confusing revelations
vii) confusing revelations
viii) spiritual blindness and deafness viii) unprofitable advise
ix) unprofitable advise
x) ungodly impatience.
17. I decree that I will not miss the mark over this issue and in my life, in Jesus name.
Thank You LORD Jesus for answering my prayers, in Jesus name.
Prayer of Supplication
1. “Father LORD, I thank THEE for You are my Shepherd. You will guide me in the right paths for Your name’s sake. You will instruct me in way that I should choose. You will guide me always; and will satisfy my needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen my frame. You will make me like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. (Isaiah 58:11).
O LORD, I lean on THEE and thy promises for my life and therefore bring up these whole situations before THEE. Guide me in taking the right decisions that will bring Glory to Your name and safety to your people, in Jesus name.
2. “LORD, I trust THEE with all my heart; and lean not unto my own understanding. I acknowledge YOU in this time of need to take a decision; O LORD, according to THY Word, direct my paths, in Jesus name. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
3. “You said that if any lack wisdom, let him ask and You will give Him (James 1:5). Lord, I confess that I lack the wisdom to take the right decision without Your help. I confess that I lack the capacity to lead myself to the right place in this career, business, relationship, and others. O LORD, please lead me and give me the wisdom to decide rightly, in Jesus name.
4. “O LORD, this is the confidence that we have in YOU, that, if we ask anything according to YOUR will, that YOU hear us (1 John 5:14).
You also said that my ears shall hear a word behind me, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when I turn to the right hand, and when I turn to the left.(Isaiah 30:21)
“According to Your Word, LORD, I ask according to Your will. Speak to me and bring to my knowledge the way that I should walk in this matter, in Jesus name.
5. “Holy Spirit, teach me even now and at all times. I put my trust in You and believe that You will help me navigate through this moment and all glory will be to the LORD Jesus Christ, in Jesus name.”
“Thank You Heavenly Father, I believe that You will answer and show me great and mighty things which I do not know in this situation, for I have called unto THEE according to Jeremiah 33:3. I take solace in Your Word and believe that I will make the right decision, in Jesus name.
1. Excerpts from the book: Prayers that Break Curses
2. Prayers from the book: Praying Through the Book of Psalms
3. Recommended Book for this month: How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life.
5. Join our Facebook Prayer Group
6. Please share this post.