Prayer Book for 2018 Now Out…
Prophetic Declaration and Breakthrough Prayers for 2018: Pursue, Overtake, Recover All: 21 Days Fasting Guide, Prayers, and Prophetic Declarations for All-round Victory, Restoration, and Breakthrough in 2018.
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. – Isaiah 9:6
Despite all the darkness in our world, the light of God continues to shine brighter and brighter. God continues to show His love today as we see countless lives receiving Jesus and being transformed.
As we approach Christmas with great anticipation, we’re filled with awe. There’s celebration and passion in the air.
Christmas is different things to different people.
To some, Christmas is a time for shopping.
To some, it is a time to travel and take that long awaited holiday.
To some, Christmas season is a time to eat and drink and enjoy.
So what is Christmas to you?
As we reflect on this season, I am inspired to bring you these five wonders and mysteries of Christmas to challenge you to maximize this season.
May these revelations touch your heart powerfully and bring you closer to the Savior, who is the reason for the season.
1. The Wonder of His Condescension
Condescension in this context is a voluntary descent from one’s rank or dignity in relations with an inferior. The verb, condescend, means to descend to a less formal or dignified level.
Jesus was God, is God, and remains God…
For “Christ himself is the Creator who made everything in heaven and earth, the things we can see and the things we can’t; the spirit world with its kings and kingdoms, its rulers and authorities; all were made by Christ for his own use and glory (Colossians 1:16 TLB).
But He chose to condescend to the position of man.
“…Though he was God, He did not demand and cling to his rights as God, but laid aside his mighty power and glory, taking the disguise of a slave and becoming like men. And he humbled himself even further, going so far as actually to die a criminal’s death on a cross.
“…Because of this, God raised him up to the heights of heaven and gave him a name which is above every other name, that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2: 5-11 TLB)
When you consider the mystery of Christ’s condescension, you realize that pride should have no place in our lives. We have no reason to feel superior in any way.
Christmas should be an opportunity for us to relate with others with lesser privileges. It’s a season for us to purge ourselves of all forms of pride and self-consciousness
Always remember that:
- God detests the proud in heart, but gives grace to the humble (James 4:6).
- God elevates those who humble themselves, and lowers those who exalt themselves (Matthew 23:12).
2. The Mystery and Wonder of the Word Made Flesh
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.
“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” – John 1:1, 14
In the book, By His Stripes, God’s Promises and Prayers for Healing, I talked about the power of the WORD made flesh.
Before Christ’s birth, angel Gabriel came with a message from God to Mary. He said to her:
“Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. Listen carefully: you will conceive in your womb and give birth to a son, and you shall name Him Jesus. He will be great and eminent and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jacob (Israel) forever, and of His kingdom there shall be no end” – Luke 1:30-33 – (AMP).
Mary asked how’s that going to happen since she was a virgin. The angel assured her that the Holy Spirit will brood on the WORD she had just been told.
Then Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; may it be done to me according to your word.”
Mary believed the WORD that the angel gave.
“And the WORD became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth” (John 1:14).
“The WORD that was spoken to Mary which she believed was what formed flesh in her as the “only begotten of the Father.”
The point is this:
“…the Word of God is living and active and full of power, making it operative, energizing, and effective. It is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating as far as the division of the soul and spirit..” (Hebrews 4:12 – AMP).
The WORD can turn even dead situations around. The WORD brings healing to your spirit, soul, mind, physical body and your loved ones.
We must therefore remember that Christmas is simply a celebration of the ability and power of God’s Word. The WORD of God can create or recreate anything in our lives and in the world.
Consequently, we must reassure ourselves that the WORD of God will never fail, and hold onto the promises of God for our lives, children, marriage and careers.
3. The Mystery of Spiritual Warfare
Another great thing to consider about Christmas is the mystery of spiritual warfare – spiritual resistance and conflicts.
Here was the Messiah, born, with a mission to save mankind from their sins. This should normally be a good news to everyone, kings or slaves. But no. Upon hearing the news, Herod made attempts to kill Him.
“After they were gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up and flee to Egypt with the baby and his mother,” the angel said, “and stay there until I tell you to return, for King Herod is going to try to kill the child.” That same night he left for Egypt with Mary and the baby, and stayed there until King Herod’s death…”
“Herod was furious when he learned that the astrologers had disobeyed him. Sending soldiers to Bethlehem, he ordered them to kill every baby boy two years old and under, both in the town and on the nearby farms, for the astrologers had told him the star first appeared to them two years before…” (Matthew 2:13-16 TLB).
Don’t be surprised when you learn that some forces are always trying to stop the good you desire from coming to pass. We are constantly in a spiritual warfare. As believers we must continually resist the devil and his demons.
The devil is always making attempts to destroy or stop the plan of God for our lives. But he is always failing and will continue to fail.
Just as the angel instructed Joseph on what to do, and the salvation of mankind was preserved, so also will God always make a way of escape for us.
As we celebrate Christmas, let us remind ourselves that though the battle for our lives and happiness is real, God is there to always give us victory from time to time. He will never fail us.
Powerful Prayers Sent to Your Inbox Every Monday
4. The Wonder of His Mission
“The thief’s purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness.” (John 10:10 TLB)
Jesus’ primary purpose is that we might have life in abundance.
The best way we can celebrate this season is to receive the life that He came to give us.
As I said in our prayers for Christmas:
- How’s your faith in Christ standing?
- Have you received Him into Your heart by believing and confessing His Lordship?
Jesus wants to have a relationship with you forever and ever. Let this season be an opportunity for reflection and renewal of your commitment to follow Christ.
5. The Wonder of His Works
“And you no doubt know that Jesus of Nazareth was anointed by God with the Holy Spirit and with power, and he went around doing good and healing all who were possessed by demons, for God was with him. (Acts 10:38 TLB)
Jesus went about doing good works – healing people, encouraging the discouraged and empowering the poor.
This is the same calling we have today.
As we celebrate this season, let us all the more join Christ in His good works by going out and encouraging others the best way we can.
Prayers of Intimacy With God This Christmas
- Heavenly Father, I thank You for sending Your son, Jesus Christ, to reunite us to Thee. Be praised forever and ever, in Jesus name.
- O LORD, I worship You during this Christmas season. You are our wonderful Counselor, mighty God, everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6). I choose to put You at the center of my life and family life as I celebrate Your birth this season, in Jesus name.
- LORD, preserve me from distractions and help me to invite You into all my activities this season, in Jesus name.
- O Holy Spirit, imbue us with wisdom and revelation that we might know You better this season, in Jesus name (Ephesians 1:17).
- O Holy Spirit, open thou my eyes to behold the power of Christ as Immanuel, “God with us,” and to realize this each day as I interact with others, in Jesus name.
- Help us LORD, to be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving one another, just as Christ forgave us (Ephesians 4:32), in Jesus name.
- O LORD, show me creative ways to demonstrate love this season and care for those outside of our home. Help us to be rich in acts of kindness to those who are in need at this time of year, in Jesus name.
- O LORD, may my life, entertainment and celebration this season be a light to others. May my activities bring others to Your LOVE. Touch others around me with Your power of salvation this season, in Jesus name I pray.
- Heavenly Father, preserve us from all forms of evil this period. May we dwell under your shadow and be protected by the Blood of Jesus Christ, in Jesus name.
- Plant Your law in our hearts this season and Help us declare prophetic promises and decrees from Your Word. I want to experience the life-giving power of Your Word on a daily basis, in Jesus name I pray
Thank You LORD for answering our prayers in Jesus name.
Hot New Releases…
These Books Will Change Your Life for Good.
11. Prophetic Declaration and Breakthrough Prayers for 2018: Pursue, Overtake, Recover All: 21 Days Fasting Guide, Prayers, and Prophetic Declarations for All-round Victory, Restoration, and Breakthrough in 2018.
1. Praise Warfare: A 5-Day Praise Your Way to Victory and Breakthrough Devotional – Overcoming Your Fears, Worries & Battles With the Power of Praise.
2. Deliverance of the Mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions | Gain Clarity & Peace of Mind & Manifest the Blessings of God
3. 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons – Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough
4. How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life. Learn over 7 different ways that God is speaking to you with real-life case studies and exercises to get you to hear the voice of God in your daily life.
5. Anger Management God’s Way – Bible Ways to Controlling Your Emotions, Healing Your Hurts and Responding to Offenses.
6. When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed.
7. I SHALL NOT DIE. – Prayers to Overcome the Spirit and Fear of Death.
8. How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness
9. By His Stripes: God’s Promises and Prayers for Healing
10. Strive! Make Things Happen: 40 Things I learned in 40 Years
Powerful Prayers and Devotional for MOVING FORWARD!
Join our newsletter to receive FREE books, Powerful prayers and devotional for MOVING FORWARD in life.
Hi, when I clicked on All u need to know about deliverance, it brought me to a title 20 Questions commonly asked.. is that the same title?
When I clicked on Anger management it brought me How to Hear from God!
Thanks for your observation.
Yes, All You Need to Know About Deliverance, is same as 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons.
We have now updated the other one.
Again, thanks a lot.