Culled from my book, Prayers That Break Curses
Please Note the Fasting Details
- To read the instructions for this fast, how to pray, when to pray, and other information, kindly read, Deliverance by Fire Prayers, Day 1
- Get the book, DELIVERANCE BY FIRE for complete teachings and prayers of each day.
- To send a prayer request to us this season, click here
- To pray for others, Click here
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Please continue to follow the direction of this fast. As we continue to study the WORD of God, pray and wait on the LORD, His grace for victory and all-around restoration is released in our lives in Jesus Name.
It’s day 18. Three days to go.
Are you fasting? What’s happening on your end. Text me today.
I join those of you who have texted me to praise God for the praise reports. Great testimonies are coming in from Canada, Curacao, Jamaica, Kenya, Uganda, and the US.
Indeed our God is a great God. His mercy is been poured out across the world. Healings are taking place. Lost child found. Miraculous job and sudden breaktrough. Demonic chains and bondages broken.
May all glory be to the Lord.
More miracles have happened in this fast than I have taken note of. Remember that it’s not man. It’s all God.
Send me your story today.
As we proceed in this fast, I’d like to talk to you about the power of your tongue.
It sounds strange to talk about the deliverance of the tongue, right?
Well, I needed to remind you that your words to yourself every day, about your life, career, future, and home are working for or against you in many ways.
I could pray for you, lay hands on you, and fast for forty days on your behalf, but if your words are consistently filled with negativity, fear, and complaints, nothing will happen. Your words will either enable your prayers or invalidate them because you have divine authority over your life.
Fifteen years or so ago, we had this friend of ours who was very prayerful. We always envied his prayer life. He would wake up in the midnight and pray for four hours or more at a stretch. Usually, when you wake up to pray, he’s praying. When you’re done praying, he’s still praying. No one could match his prayer life.
Unfortunately, ask him about life, and you’ll hear the worse negative arguments from him. When he speaks, he speaks of discouragement, fear, failure, and how life has messed him up. I usually wonder how he’s able to spend hours praying and never sees anything positive about life. Try to encourage him, and he’ll tell you to forget about it. It was a paradox too profound for me to comprehend.
Yes, he had experienced a lot of challenges before discerning the call of God for his life. Sadly, these setbacks had eaten too deep into him that irrespective of his powerful prayer life, he didn’t expect much from life, and he was always quick to admit it in conversations.
Guess what: a few years ago, that’s like thirteen years after, when I bumped into him, his experiences had not changed much from the things he was always saying those years. And the worse was that he was still filled with such damming negativity about life.
The truth is that life is not easy; we all experience challenges and setbacks day in day out. But the best we can do to ourselves is being positive. We must not allow our problems to define our words and expectations for the future. If we do, these words become self-imposed arrows against us, working and creating more limitations that we’ll always wonder where our problems are coming from.
If you regularly speak faith-filled words no matter the circumstances you’re facing, you’ll create energies that will eventually lead to blessings and positive experiences as returns. But if you continuously speak fear and complaint-filled words, you develop more problems as returns.
The Bible says:
Prov. 18:21 – Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Matthew 12:37 – For by your words you will be justified, and by your words, you will be condemned.
Proverbs 13:3 – He who guards his mouth preserves his life, but he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction.
Proverbs 16:24 – Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.
Proverbs 21:23 – Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles.
Matthew 15:18 – But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man.
Ephesians 4:29 – Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
The scriptures are not joking with these warnings.
Your words are either making or unmaking you. That is why deliverance is not complete without talking about the power resident in your tongue for your good or otherwise.
Heavenly Father, You said that the power of death and life is in the tongue; and that we will be justified or condemned by our words (Prov. 18:21, & Matt. 12:37). Lord, I know that Your Words are ever true. Heaven and earth will pass away but Your Words will not.
Lord, I acknowledge that I have used my words in ways that were not decent and pleasing to You. I have used my words to hurt others, speak negative things about my life, partner, children, family, and my nation. Father, I now ask You to forgive all my wrong use of words from past to present, in Jesus name.
Precious Blood of Jesus Christ, sanctify my tongue and purify my heart. Empower me to be a carrier and speaker of life, health, encouragement, and peace from today onwards, in Jesus name.
Whatever pain and hurt I have brought upon myself, my family, my career, my children, and my family, as a result of my wrong use of words in the past, Heavenly father, heal and restore me today, in Jesus name
In the name of Jesus Christ, I decree that no corrupt word will proceed out of my mouth henceforth, but what is good for edification, imparting grace to the hearers, health to the sick, and blessings to all, in Jesus name.
Today, I willingly command myself to put away all forms of bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, malice, and evil speaking from my mouth. I command myself to be kind to others, tenderhearted, forgiving, and ever ready to be a blessing, in the name of Jesus Christ.
I break any curse I have imposed on myself ignorantly, through my use of negative words, complaints, anger, fear, and anxiety, in Jesus name.
It is written that the days of ignorance, the Lord overlooks (Acts 17:30). Therefore, if there are any evil happening in my life and family as a result of my negative confessions in the past, I command them to stop today.
I replace all self-inflicted pains and events in my life today with God’s favor, peace and breakthrough, in Jesus name.
I bless myself from now onwards; I bless my home; I bless my career; I bless my family; I bless my church, and I bless my children.
Henceforth, my going out shall be a blessing and my coming back shall be a blessing. I shall be blessed in the city; I shall be blessed in the country.
When and where others are saying there is a casting down, I shall be saying there is a lifting up, in Jesus name.
O LORD, according to your Word in Romans 8:28, everything is working out for my good. I am a blessing to my family. I am a blessing to my country. I am a blessing to my generation. In the name of Jesus.
To read further
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough