Deliverance by Fire Prayers, Day 12: Prayers Against the Spirits of Infirmity
10 Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. 11 And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up. 12 But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.”13 And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight and glorified God.
14 But the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath; and he said to the crowd, “There are six days on which men ought to work; therefore come and be healed on them, and not on the Sabbath day.”
15 The Lord then answered him and said, “Hypocrite! Does not each one of you on the Sabbath loose his ox or donkey from the stall, and lead it away to water it? 16 So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound—think of it—for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath?” 17 And when He said these things, all His adversaries were put to shame; and all the multitude rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by Him – Luke 13:10-17.
Please Note the Fasting Details
- To read the instructions for this fast, how to pray, when to pray, and other information, kindly read, Deliverance by Fire Prayers, Day 1
- Get the book, DELIVERANCE BY FIRE for complete teachings and prayers of each day.
- To send a prayer request to us this season, click here
- To pray for others, Click here
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Please continue to follow the direction of this fast. As we continue to study the WORD of God, pray and wait on the LORD, His grace for victory and all-around restoration is released in our lives in Jesus Name.
Jesus understood the reality of the spiritual conflict between man and satan. His ministry on earth was about stopping these evil works of the devil in every way. He spoke to evil spirits with authority, destroyed their activities and commanded them to leave, and they obeyed. He set the captives free.
In fact, Jesus is unhappy when the church doesn’t discern the works of the devil and set the captives free. Just like the woman in this story, some people can be in church for many years, be faithful in church attendance and may even be workers in the church, but have demons afflict them and keep them in suffering. Until the demons are commanded to leave, they’ll stay.
You can’t wish away problems caused by demons. You can’t resolve problems caused by demons by motivational speeches or long religious talks. You deal with them by discerning them and commanding them to seize, in Jesus name.
The spirits of infirmity caused this woman to be bowed.
Doctors today would have explained to her that she had Multiple sclerosis, a potentially disabling disease of the brain and spinal cord. They would have told her that “it is a situation where the immune system attacks the defensive sheath (myelin) that covers nerve fibers and causes communication glitches between your brain and the rest of your body. Eventually, the disease can cause the nerves themselves to worsen or become permanently damaged.”
Then they would have advised her that there’s no cure for multiple sclerosis. That treatment can only modify the course of the disease and manage symptoms.
Fortunately, Jesus saw that it was a demon or demons that was behind this situation and prayed for her healing by commanding the demons to go. How many people today have accepted certain conditions as something they would need to live with and manage based on a medical recommendation, while they are situations caused by demons.
From this story, we see that demons can be responsible for specific health conditions. It was the demons that made her crippled, or unable to walk without assistance for eighteen long years.
The word used as infirmity in the above passage is the same word used in Romans 8:26 (KJV). It is the same Greek word that means a weakness of the physical body or the soul. That is, a weakness of the body or the mind.
So the spirits of infirmity attack the physical body or the mind and bring weakness to it, making it unable to function normally, or keeping it in constant pain.
We know that we cannot blame every illness or every emotional problem on demons. There may be a number of reasons a person may be struggling with sickness or emotional issue. It can be a result of genetics, environments, food, lack of exercise, etc. But some of the problems can be caused by demons. In fact, the percentage of illnesses caused by demons may be higher than we know.
When health and emotional situations are a work of demons, they defy medical help. A sister wrote,
“I have been struggling with severe fibromyalgia, fatigue, and nervous system problems since my second daughter was born six years ago. Doctors cannot find what’s wrong with me on tests. And it is so debilitating. I want to be free from this persistent pain and illness.”
No doubt, that’s the spirit of infirmity.
The spirits of infirmity afflict people in two ways:
1. Causing physical health problems
According to our text, these demons of infirmity made this woman bowed, unable to walk without aid. She was in pain and tension for eighteen years. That’s long enough, don’t you think so?
If you or somebody you know is struggling with health problems that you’ve tried to get medical help from, but to no avail, then the spirits of infirmity may be responsible for the situation. If these demons could create a case of disability, then don’t think they won’t attempt to create other issues. It’s time to pray against these demons with authority.
2. Causing emotional disorder
The demons of infirmity can also produce depression, anxiety, hopelessness, self-pity, self-condemnation, life-threatening inferiority complex, and other emotional attacks. The goal is to keep their victims bowed and down, and unable to live a normal life.
If you’ve been struggling with an anxiety disorder, depression, and other mental problems, and medical solutions seem not be helping, you may be under the attack of demons of infirmity. Bring these situations before the Blood of Jesus Christ and reject the demons causing them.
Open Doors for the Demons of Infirmity
How do the demons of infirmity gain access to a person’s life?
- Childhood abuse: if you were abused as a child, it could create a situation of pain in you that the spirits of infirmity can exploit to gain access into your life.
- Trauma: if you had a traumatic experience in the past that you haven’t opened up to the Lord for complete healing and restoration, it could give the demons of infirmity a foothold in your life.
- Unresolved offenses that create bitterness in the heart, unforgiveness, anger, and desire for vengeance.
- Evil dreams: a sister was in the dream and ate human flesh. When she woke up, she started having rashes all over her body. All treatments failed until she began to pray and rebuke the demons of infirmity in prayers
- Addiction: If you’re addicted to alcohol, drugs, overeating, demonic movies that promote witchcraft, vampire, etc. they can be an open door for the demons of infirmity to attack your body or mind and bring weakness and pain.
- Read Day 2: on day two, we talked about several things that can serve as an open door for demons into a person’s life. Examine yourself and come before the Lord with an open heart for help.
Our focus today is to stand in prayers against the demons of infirmity. If you don’t have these problems, then come to the Lord in prayers on behalf of your loved ones, or other people you know who may be having health problems that several medical diagnoses have failed to help.
Today, you’re going to pray for yourself and for those you know who are suffering in their health. So write out the names of those you will be praying for.
- Thank God for it is His will to heal you and your loved ones.
- Ask God to reveal to you and the people you’re praying for what might be the doorway for the demons of infirmity to operate.
- Based on what the Lord is inspiring you, plead the Blood of Jesus Christ over the foundation and sources of the spirits of infirmity.
- Mention the specific health problems you’re going through and command the demons responsible for them to leave in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Decree: Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, I overcome every spirit of infirmity in my life and family from this day forward, in Jesus name.
- Decree: Jesus died for our freedom. He shed His Blood for our salvation and healing. I, therefore, declare every attack on my health and the health of …………….. …………….. ………………… illegal. I curse these unlawful activities against our health to end today, in Jesus name.
- Pray: Heavenly Father, deliver me from every buried hurt, anger and bitterness in my life, in Jesus name.
- Decree: From today forward, I make my spirit, soul, and body a Holy place for the Lord and the Spirit of God. It will no longer be a house for all demons of infirmity, in Jesus name.
- Decree: Every demon of infirmity causing me to be sick, bowed, in pain, and in mental torment, pack your loads right now and depart. I cast you all into the abyss in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Decree: In the Mighty name of Jesus Christ, I disconnect myself and …………. ………… ……….. from all forms of evil covenants that the demons of infirmity are using as a legal ground to attack our bodies, in Jesus name.
- Command: Fire from heaven, destroy every evil deposit in my life, and the lives of …………. ………… ……….. causing sickness, depression, sorrow, and continuous pain, in Jesus name.
- Anoint yourself and the names you’ve written out and declare that your bodies are henceforth the temples of the Holy Spirit, sanctified for God’s use only, in Jesus name.
- Take the Holy Communion and decree that You are connected to God’s covenant of life through the Blood of Jesus Christ. Therefore, whatever could not stop the death and resurrection of Christ cannot stop the freedom You now have and enjoy.
- Thank God for total deliverance from the spirits of infirmity, in Jesus name.
Luke 13 and 18
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration and Breakthrough