Deliverance by Fire Prayers Day 3: Recognizing and Dealing with Satanic Open Doors
Please Note the Fasting Details
- To read the instructions for this fast, how to pray, when to pray, and other information, kindly read, Deliverance by Fire Prayers, Day 1
- Get the book, DELIVERANCE BY FIRE for complete teachings of each day.
- To send a prayer request to us this season, click here
- To pray for others, Click here
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Please continue to follow the direction of this fast. As we continue to study the WORD of God, pray and wait on the LORD, His grace for victory and all-around restoration is released in our lives in Jesus Name.
Joshua chapter 7 tells an interesting story that explains our text today. The Israelites had been defeated in a battle by a tiny country called Ai. The whole army, nation, and Joshua were put off. They went to seek the face of God. And God said: “So get started. Sanctify the people. Tell them: Get ready for tomorrow by purifying yourselves. For this is what God, the God of Israel, says: There are cursed things in the camp. You won’t be able to face your enemies until you have gotten rid of these cursed things. – Joshua 7:13 (TLB)
As long as they had some accursed things with them, they won’t be able to face their enemies.
What were those things?
They were things dedicated to heathen gods. It was later discovered that a man among them, Achan, had stolen those stuff and buried them in his house.
Demonic doorways or open doors are things that give evil spirits access to operating in a person’s life. They are legal openings of demons into a person’s house, property or life. Until these things are located and destroyed, total deliverance will not happen.
I know that there are situations that may not be a result of someone holding on to something the demons are using as a legal ground. But those are rare cases. In the majority of situations, there are things the demons are holding on to. Having a balanced assessment while praying and seeking deliverance is very important. As the wise man said:
“Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow, so a curse without cause shall not alight.” – Proverbs 26:2
It is possible that one’s actions or inactions, thoughts, words, statements or decrees are the opening of demons to come and oppress a person or a home.
A demonic attack will not happen without something empowering it somehow. They could be specific sins, habits, soul-ties, relationships, objects, unforgiveness, bitterness, anger, etc. There must be something somewhere.
The Bible says:
Many who had believed now came forward, confessing and disclosing their deeds. And a number of those who had practiced magic arts brought their books and burned them in front of everyone. When the value of the books was calculated, it came to fifty thousand drachmas. So the word of the Lord powerfully continued to spread and prevail – Acts 19:18-20
Today, take some time to try to figure out in prayer and deep examination what may be the things in your life that are enabling all kinds of satanic attacks in your life and life. Once you’re able to discern the sources of the problems, you’re halfway solving them.
Always remember, “The cause must be dealt with for the curse to be broken.”
And where you’re not able to completely figure out some of the causes of the problems in your life or family, trust the Lord as you pray with an open heart. He will intervene in your life.
Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that You open thou my eyes that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy Law. As I read or listen to Your Word, enlighten my heart, and give me specific leadings for my freedom, healing, restoration, and breakthrough, in Jesus name.
Cause me, O Lord, to hear Your voice telling me the way to pray, the way to go, and the way to respond to the situations in my life today, so that I may experience Your supernatural touch and blessings in every area of my life, in Jesus name.
Father, Your Word says that the Holy Spirit will reveal to us things to come, He will teach us all things, and even bring to our remembrance what You have told us in the past. I pray today, Lord, through the Holy Spirit, teach me all that I need to know and do, even as I wait on You, to be entirely free of the curses and spells working against my life and family before now, in Jesus name.
O Lord, show me everything I need to deal with in my life right now for my deliverance to take effect.
Show me relationships I need to exit. Show me items in my possession that are not of You, that I need to do away with. Show me specific sins, attitudes, and deeds in my life that the devil is using as a leeway into my life, and help me, Lord, to deal with them as You want.
And, Lord, Give me new ideas that will establish Your plan for my life, bring glory to your name, and joy to Your people on earth, in Jesus name.
Lord, according to Jeremiah 33:3, You said that we should call on You in prayer and that You will answer and show us great and mighty things that we do not know.
Many times when David enquired of You regarding a situation, You showed up and gave him clarity. You revealed to him exactly what to do. He would follow Your leading, and You would give Him the victory.
Lord, You have not changed, for You are the same yesterday, today and forever. So I trust You completely to guide me in this situation to victory and breakthrough, and Your name will be glorified, in Jesus name.
Father Lord, if there are specific instructions and direction You gave me in the past which I disregarded, I ask You to forgive me, and set me free from the consequences of disobedience, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Lord, according to Your Word, a curse causeless shall not come. I know there is always something that a problem, an evil, or a situation, will hold as an open door to thrive. So I pray today, Lord, give me insight, revelation, and spiritual understanding so that I can confront the situations I am praying about now from their roots, in Jesus name.
May I no longer grope in darkness. May I no longer be blind spiritually. When I lie down to sleep, Lord, may my dreams be avenues for God’s voice. And may I receive divine illumination concerning my life and destiny, in Jesus name.
Joshua 7, Acts 19
Audio Books Now Available
Below are some of our books now in an audio version. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed