Please Note the Fasting Details
- To read the instructions for this fast, how to pray, when to pray, and other information, kindly read, Deliverance by Fire Prayers, Day 1
- Get the book, DELIVERANCE BY FIRE for complete teachings and prayers of each day.
- To send a prayer request to us this season, click here
- To pray for others, Click here
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Please continue to follow the direction of this fast. As we continue to study the WORD of God, pray and wait on the LORD, His grace for victory and all-around restoration is released in our lives in Jesus Name.
Strongholds are lies that we have accepted as truths. I call them Satan’s propaganda that we unconsciously accept and hold against God’s Words. Unfortunately, they are just lies that have been repeatedly told to us over and over, such that we now vigorously defend them unknowingly.
In today’s reading, Paul describes strongholds as arguments, pretensions, or thoughts that set themselves contrary to the knowledge of God.
Any principles, theories, views or beliefs ingrained in our thinking that are different to the truth as written in Scripture are strongholds of the Enemy that stand in the way of our knowing God and making Him known. Thus they draw us back in our walk with the Lord and our prayer and worship lives.
Here are a few examples of strongholds:
- I will never get out of debt
- I will never be free from this addiction
- I am no good; I am worthless
- I won’t find love after all
- My husband is hopeless. He’ll never be saved.
- I’m just a fleshy person. I’ll never be free from lust.
- I’ll always struggle to make ends meet.
- I always have this sickness. It’s a part of me.
- I’ll probably never get married
Each of these arguments reflects interpretations rooted in the mind that are contrary to God’s will as revealed in Scripture. These deceptions which form mental strongholds can come from a wide range of sources, including our environment, failed relationships, friendships, parents, news, medical diagnosis, experiences of failure and pain in the past, or demons. Letting these lies control us can lead to living a defeated life.
Strongholds can also be physical. Physical strongholds are negative habits and attitudes in us that are continually struggling with our knowing God. The more we struggle with these habits, the more the enemy builds further limitations against our lives. For instance, you may be praying to lose weight, while you’re still tied to overeating. In this instance, overeating becomes a stronghold fighting against God’s health plan for your life.
You may be praying for financial deliverance and breakthrough while you’re still tied to impulse buying, ignoring your bills, careless spending, always expecting financial miracles instead of looking for work, and spending more than you earn. In this case, your negative financial habits are strongholds that must be dealt with for you to experience God’s financial breakthrough.
Today, we’re going to take time to speak into our lives and command every mental or physical stronghold that gives the devil a leeway to build a blockade over our lives and destiny to be destroyed. We are going to receive total empowerment to break free from these mental deceptions and habits that are inimical to our spiritual and physical progress.
Today, O Lord, I arrest all negative thoughts, in me, resisting the move of the Holy Spirit. I command these thoughts to wither by fire in the name of Jesus Christ.
Father, I present these strongholds to You today. I bring them under Thy feet that I may find mercy and help for freedom from these binding issues. O Lord, here are the strongholds that I see in my life
…………………. ………………….. ……………………..
Mention specific strongholds in your life that needs to leave
Father, deliver me from these strongholds, in Jesus name.
O Lord, I speak to all of these spiritual strongholds in my life working against the knowledge of God. I command them to die by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
May every false god contesting for worship in my life cease to exist today, in Jesus name.
Every Idol in my life challenging Lordship with You, Lord Jesus Christ, I overthrow them today by fire in the name of Jesus.
I command the idols of mammon, greed, lust, pornography, anger, bitterness (mention other idols) over my life to die by fire today in the name of Jesus Christ.
By the priceless Blood of Jesus Christ, I severe myself from every mental stronghold binding me to the devil and limiting the blessings of God in my life. I declare my thoughts, imaginations, brain, and meditations sanctified by the Blood of Jesus Christ, in Jesus name.
I speak to every physical stronghold of bad habit in my life to end today, in the name of Jesus.
I squeeze the life out of the powers responsible for these negative habits in my life. I command them to seize to exist. And I claim my freedom in Jesus name.
You demons pushing me to sin and live against the knowledge and will of God for my life, I bind you all today and send you all into the abyss. Remain there and come back no more into my life in Jesus name.
No demon has a legal right over my life anymore, for my life is hid in Christ and Christ in God. The life I live now is not mine, but Christ’s. So I declare that I will live every day of my life for the Glory of God, in Jesus name.
I command fire from heaven to destroy every root of sin and ungodly habit in my life, causing a barrier between me and the power of God, in Jesus name.
O Lord, plant in me an everlasting hatred for lust, anger, bitterness, alcoholism, smoking, overeating (gluttony), and any other detrimental lifestyle hitherto warring against me and frustrating my spiritual growth, in Jesus name.
O Lord, may whatever evil consequence in my life, resulting from my attitude, past mistakes, or addictions to negative thoughts, words, and habits, seize today. Whatever curses and obstacles that my wrong thoughts, words, behaviors, associations, and friendships have brought upon my life, let them be destroyed today in the name of Jesus Christ.
O Lord, surround me with the right people – surround me with people who will challenge me towards a Godly and excellent life – from today.
I shall henceforth depend on God’s Word day and night, and its power shall work in me, always, to bear the right fruits.
For I am like a tree planted by the side of the river. My strength shall not fail. From season to season I shall bear fruit… in Jesus Mighty name.
To Read Further
Read Judges 16 and pray that God will give you victory over the Philistines (strongholds). But pray that you will not die with these strongholds
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration and Breakthrough