Deliverance by Fire Prayers, Day 7: Prayers Against Soul Ties, Agreements and Vows
Culled from my book, Breaking Soul Ties
Please Note the Fasting Details
- To read the instructions for this fast, how to pray, when to pray, and other information, kindly read, Deliverance by Fire Prayers, Day 1
- Get the book, DELIVERANCE BY FIRE for complete teachings and prayers of each day.
- To send a prayer request to us this season, click here
- To pray for others, Click here
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Please continue to follow the direction of this fast. As we continue to study the WORD of God, pray and wait on the LORD, His grace for victory and all-around restoration is released in our lives in Jesus Name.
It is often said that a friendly enemy is more dangerous than a visible enemy.
Winston Churchill said, “When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.”
Jesus said: “And a man’s foes shall be they of his household” (Matthew 10:36).
That is how soul ties, negative agreements, and vows are. They can be a reason why someone is suffering while the person is busy looking for outside demons and enemies.
It is possible for someone to come under demonic attacks and oppression as a result of unholy agreements, covenants, soul-ties or relationships. So let’s look into breaking these unholy agreements, covenants, and bonds that you may have entered into, knowingly or unknowingly, which is now a spiritual barrier to God’s plans for your life.
What Are Soul Ties?
Soul-ties are affectionate bonding between two souls. Something like an intense, cherished relationship between two or more persons, usually with a goal to work for each other’s welfare and protection. It’s so unfathomable that each party in the relationship is unconsciously pushed by a force to remain loyal, never complain and to protect the interest of the other party. An example is what happened between David and Jonathan.
After David had finished talking with Saul, Jonathan became one in spirit with David, and he loved him as himself.
Then Jonathan and David made a covenant because he loved him as his own soul. – 1 Sam 18:1, 3
Jonathan’s soul was attracted to David, so much that he gave up a lot for him, including his kingly inheritance. This example worked out the purpose of God, so we’d say it was a positive mind connection.
And yes, when a soul is tied to another soul for positive purposes, it can bring about a great mutually beneficial good. But when one party is on the receiving end, and cannot break free for some unknown reasons, it becomes an unholy soul tie.
There is a case that recently made a national headline a few months back. A man in his 30s secretly abducted a girl of 12-13 years old and continuously used the girl for his sexual gain. She was his sex slave for several months. When the girl was found after an intensive search, she refused to leave her abuser calming that she was in love with him.
Can you imagine that?
That is a clear case of negative soul tie. Whatever words or charms the man used to seduce the girl had gotten into her brain and soul to the extent she couldn’t make sound judgments again.
Soul ties are usually formed through sexual entanglements before marriage or outside marriage. That’s why the Bible warns against sex outside marriage because sex is not just what movies and friends say it is. It is a covenant. It is more spiritual than the physical enjoyment part of it.
Here are signs that one may be under a soul tie:
- You are in an abusive relationship – physically, emotionally or spiritually – and you feel so attached to that person that you refuse to disconnect and set limits.
- You are unable to move on wholeheartedly from a relationship you have left (maybe long ago). You continue to be obsessed with the other person (you can’t get them out of your mind).
- You continue to feel that this person is watching or monitoring you in anything you do. You feel that you cannot make a sound judgment without this person.
- When you’re having sex with someone else (your marriage partner), you can hardly keep yourself from visualizing this person.
- You find yourself always comparing your present partner with this person. You always feel that your current partner is inferior to this person, and needs to upgrade in some way.
- You may find yourself secretly stalking this person and still wanting to prevent them from having another relationship outside you, even though you’re no longer together.
- You find yourself always defending this person; even when it’s clear that you are hurt and maltreated, you still feel that this person must be justified.
- In some cases, you may find yourself unknowingly having the same traits, moods and even sicknesses that this person is suffering.
- You have an emotional reaction that is unpleasant when someone mentions their name or if you run into them unexpectedly.
Soul ties can pose a source of spiritual obstacles if not prayerfully dealt with. So look into your life right now and begin to renounce every soul tie that may be working against God’s purpose for your life unknowingly.
Negative agreements can also be a ground for satanic attacks against our lives. These may be just ignorant agreements of, “I will marry you,” “You will marry me,” agreements that a girl and a boy makes. They may go ahead to say things like, “If I don’t marry you, let this or that happen… I won’t amount to anything without you.” They may even go further to seal the agreement with blood or other simple tokens.
The disadvantage of these agreements is that spirits don’t forget them. The boy or girl may forget and go on to live their lives, but the spirits that witnessed this yoking together will use it as a ground to afflict them so severely until this is discovered and brought to light in prayers.
God is not happy when we make promises that we don’t keep. Ecclesiastes 5:5 says that “It is better not to make a vow than to make one and not fulfill it.”
The Bible says, “Free yourself, like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like a bird from the snare of the fowler.”
That’s what we must do.
2. Cancel Negative Effects of Unfulfilled Pledges and Promises
Heavenly Father, I come before You and confess my foolishness. Your Word says that those who don’t fulfill their vows and pledges are fools and that You do not delight in them (Ecc. 5:4).
How foolish have I been all this while!
LORD, I am sorry for saying things and making commitments that I couldn’t keep afterward. Please forgive and set me free from the limitations that this has brought on me, in Jesus name.
LORD, I ask You for grace and strength to obey Your Word henceforth. Help me by the Holy Spirit and keep me in constant reminder that I don’t have to make promises and pledges to please men, but to please You.
As I begin to work towards fulfilling my pledges from today, grant me wisdom and speedy breakthrough, in Jesus name.
Every demon raising accusations against me in the spirit due to my past errors, comments, and unfulfilled pledges and promises, I attack you right now with God’s Word.
Romans 8: 1- 2 says, “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set me free from the law of sin and death.”
No demon has any ground to accuse me or bring an affliction against me. For I am now forgiven and set free by my Faith in Christ Jesus.
So I bind you unclean spirits of hate and lies against my life and destiny, and I cast you all into the abyss, in Jesus name.
With my mouth, I confess that I am seated with Christ in the heavenly places, far above all principalities and powers. I have been translated from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of Christ.
I am a bringer of light and a salter of lives and destinies. I am moving from glory to glory even now and forever, in Jesus name.
3. To Break Unholy Agreements & Covenants
Today, O Lord, I come against every negative agreement and covenant that I have entered into in the past, working against my life and destiny, by the Blood of Jesus Christ, I command these agreements and covenants to be broken, in Jesus name.
Every hidden evil covenant operating against my life and destiny, I renounce you, I reject you, and I command you to break now in Jesus name.
I nullify any evil covenant that I have been forced to enter through a dream or my ignorance.
I nullify any covenant between me and the powers of the Water, the air, the moon, the sun, the rock, and the land, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
Covenants made between me and any family idol and generational deities, be broken, in Jesus name.
By the Blood of Jesus Christ, I discontinue any covenant from my land of nativity affecting my glory and life.
Any evil covenant in the land or the foundation of the house where I am living right now, or I have ever lived before, affecting my life and destiny, be destroyed in Jesus name.
I plead the Blood of Jesus Christ over my spirit, soul, and body today.
I plead the Blood of Jesus Christ over my life and destiny.
I plead the Blood of Jesus Christ over my business and career.
I plead the Blood of Jesus Christ over my house and environment.
I plead the Blood of Jesus Christ over my tongue and entire body
By the Blood of Jesus Christ, I announce that I am no longer involved in any other covenant.
By the Blood of Jesus Christ, I am now in a new covenant of life, peace, divine health and prosperity with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, in Jesus name.
To Read Further
2 Samuel 18
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration and Breakthrough