1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.
2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
4 Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee. – Isaiah 60:1-5
Welcome to Easter Week.
It’s that time again when we remind ourselves about the death and resurrection of our LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ. It’s that time when we engage in egg hunts, reunions, hymns services, retreats, and special meal occasions.
However, the Easter celebration is not about all the various activities that we use to solemnize the season. It’s about the content. It’s about a great story, the greatest story in the world, summed up thus:
Jesus Christ came to the world, died for our sins and resurrected on the third day. His death and resurrection grant us access to God. Through it, we obtain salvation and can now be called the children of the Most High God. Through it, we have hope of eternal life with God.
Today, I bring you prophetic words and declarations as the Lord inspires in my heart.
The resurrection of Jesus was by the supernatural power of God. That same resurrection power is available today for your rising.
Jesus Christ, our Savior, is alive. The grave could not hold him; the soldiers could not stop Him; the stone could not keep him in the grave. So…
- I decree today, in the name of Jesus Christ, you are coming out of every darkness where you were hitherto hidden, in Jesus name.
- Wherever your virtues and blessings are buried, I decree a supernatural intervention this day. Let there be a hundredfold restoration, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Repeat after me: “I am stepping out of every grave that is holding me captive before now, in Jesus name.”
- Every stone the enemy has used to cover your destiny and progress, by the power in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, may those stones be moved to the sea this moment. Experience a supernatural touch in the next three days that will push you forward and into God’s promises for your life, in Jesus name.
- Whatever is suffering, about to die, or already dead in your life and family, I command them to come back to life today in Jesus name.
- May you experience supernatural healing, divine restoration, and progress report in all areas of your life this season, in Jesus name.
Now stand up and make the following declarations:
2 Lessons from the Resurrection of Christ
Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.
2 And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. 3 His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. 4 And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men.
5 But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. 7 And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you.”
8 So they went out quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to bring His disciples word. – Matthew 28:1-8
There are many important lessons we can learn from the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. But today, I’ll focus on two lessons to encourage you about your situation and inspire your faith.
1. No Matter How Bad Things Are, It’s Not Over
Look at that story.
However, notice that before this day of joy, these women were sad and hopeless. The Bible says, “And many women who followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to Him, were there looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee’s sons (Matthew 27: 55-56)
They were looking from afar as He was being killed, probably thinking, “Hey, it’s all over. Everything is over. So this is how it’s all ending.”
It seemed that after all the excitement, miracles and high expectations, that the end had finally come.
But three days later, “They were filled with joy.”
The resurrection shows us that no matter how bad things might look right now, God has the power to change us, and our circumstances.
No matter what the devil and his demons do, God is in control, and as we continue to pray, praise, command, and look up to Him, we can be assured that He will arrange the end for our good.
The devil thought he finally buried God’s plan. But no. He only served God’s purpose.
You can boldly stand and tell the devil, “Hey, it’s not over. Today may be Friday, but Sunday’s coming.”
The Bible says:
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning (Psalm 30:5).
2. God Will Keep His Word No Matter What
The devil thought that by killing Jesus, He could frustrate God’s plan of salvation. But in the end, his desperation fulfilled God’s plan rather than thwart it.
The desperation, attacks, and obstructions the devil is perpetrating in your life and family now are not going to stop God’s promise from coming to pass. They will instead hasten His intervention in your life. So be encouraged.
The resurrection of Christ is an assurance that God will always watch over His Word to bring it to pass, no matter what. No matter how desperate the devil becomes, no matter how he manipulates people and events to try to create frustration in our lives, in the end, God’s promises will stand. You will win.
The Word says:
- Psalm 119:89 – Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven.
- Isaiah 51:6 – “Lift up your eyes to the sky, Then look to the earth beneath; For the sky will vanish like smoke, And the earth will wear out like a garment, And its inhabitants will die in like manner, But My salvation will be forever, And My righteousness will not wane.
- Isaiah 55:11 – So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
- Matthew 5:18 – For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
- Mark 13:31 – Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.
Is there a promise you’re holding onto and the more you try to stand, the more things are getting worse?
Well, keep standing!
God will watch over His Words to bring them to pass.
Many years ago, He said He will not let the Messiah see corruption in the grave (Psalm 16:10). When the time came, irrespective of how the devil fortified the grave and kept demonic guards there, the Messiah arose.
You, too, will rise this season, in Jesus name.
Prayers to Activate the Resurrection Power in Your Life
- Heavenly Father, I thank You for the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I thank You for keeping Your Word and frustrating the enemy, thereby bringing us Salvation, and making us Your children through the Blood of Jesus Christ. Be praised forever and ever, in Jesus name.
- Thank You for sending your Son to this earth as a baby so many years ago. Thank You that He paid the punishment for my sins by dying on the cross. And thank you that He rose again to prove that death was truly defeated. In Jesus name
- LORD Jesus Christ, how wonderful, how marvelous is Your love! To think that You were willing to go through all that for me! You arose in victory, joy, liberation, and freedom from the hands of evil men, never to have to go through that again – and You did it all to spare us the same. Now we can say with the apostle Paul, “O death, where is your sting? grave, where is your victory?” (1 Corinthians 15:55-57).
O LORD, as I reflect on the pain that You suffered and how it resulted in such a tremendous victory, it fills me with wonder and gives me hope and peace. Surely, Your love will see me through whatever troubles may come my way, from now till eternity! In Jesus name.
- LORD Jesus, as we remember and celebrate YOUR death and resurrection, I once again declare that I place my trust in You to be my Savior. Guide me through the dark times of my life and give me the courage to live for You all the days of my life, in Jesus name.
- I pray today LORD Jesus Christ, may the remembrance of Your resurrection bring new hope to my existence. May Your victory over earthly death turn my eyes away from my troubles to Thy unchanging promises. May the empty tomb help me to leave my sorrows at the foot of the cross, so that God’s hope, promises, and forgiveness reigns supreme in my life, forever and ever, in Jesus name.
- Heavenly Father, may Your tender love be poured in my heart so that I can pour this love out to others. May I forgive others and accept Your work in their lives.
May the Holy Spirit blow through my every word, action, and thought from this day forward, and transform me on the inside so that each day I become more and more like our risen Lord and Savior, in Jesus name.
- I pray today, LORD, let Thy angels roll away every evil stone the enemy has rolled against me, against my family, against my relationship, and against my destiny, preventing me from experiencing Your power of manifestation, in Jesus name.
- From this day, O LORD, let the resurrection power begin to quicken, restore, and revive every aspect of my life that the enemy has hurt or damaged in the past, in Jesus name.
- Father, LORD, I present my family members, my neighbors, and my country before THEE. Cause thy Light to shine in their hearts and bring them unto salvation. I pray that YOUR Spirit will arrest our political leaders and cause them to lead according to YOUR will and purpose, in Jesus name.
- Today, I stand in the victory of Christ’s death and resurrection and rebuke satan over my life, family, and neighborhood. I decree that every work of satan in my life and family is destroyed henceforth, in Jesus name.
- I proclaim that Jesus Christ is the LORD and Savior of my LIFE. He is the LORD and Savior of my family. He is the LORD and Savior of this nation, in Jesus name.
God bless you.
NEW BOOK ALERT
The second volume in the series, Give Orders to the Day (GOTTD), covering April to June, the second quarter of the year is now live on Amazon. These powerful teachings and daily prophetic declarations are designed to empower you to take charge of your day, encounter God in a powerful way, and experience daily breakthrough.
Give Orders to the Day (365 Days) April – June: Daily Meditations and Prophetic Declarations for All Round Victory, Protection, Healing, and Breakthrough (Daily Power Book 2).
- Recommended Book for this post: Praying Through the Book of Psalms: Discover Great Psalms, Powerful Prayers and Declarations for Every Situation
- Like Us on Facebook
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group
- Submit a Prayer Request
- Pray for Others
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough