Family Healing and Restoration Prayers (1): God’s Purpose for Your Home
Welcome to the month of May.
This month, the Lord is inspiring my heart to focus on families and intercede for family healings and restorations. I am therefore writing this post to challenge you to join me in praying for your very own family.
No doubt, the enemy’s biggest focus is the family system. After destabilizing the first family, he successfully gained entry into the world and robbed man his place of dominion.
This month, let us pray and declare that the light of God will shine in our families and those who are not saved will encounter the power of Christ’s love. Those who are ill will be healed and those who are going through one challenge or the other will be restored.
There are so many good wishes you have for your family, but scolding, complaining and whining, planning and working is not enough to bring those wishes to come to pass.
The Bible says in Proverbs 21 vs. 31 that “The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the LORD.
God wants you to stand in authority and claim your family’s salvation, healing, deliverance, and prosperity. He wants you to present your family to Him daily in prayers. As you do, great things will begin to happen and you will see a great manifestation of God’s power.
Declare with me now…
My family will not miss out in God’s plans, in Jesus name.
God’s Plan for Your Family
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”– Jeremiah 29:11
The best way to identify God’s plan for your home and family is to go through the scriptures and look at the first family He created. Adam and Eve were put in an estate where they had all they ever would want. Their only responsibility was to care for the garden. The plan was clearly spelled out in Genesis 1:26-28:
26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
Unfortunately, the enemy, the devil attacked the family and robbed them of God’s inheritance.
But thank God, this original plan has not changed. Through Christ, God has restored us all to His original plans. But just like the devil attacked the first family, the devil is still attacking homes and families these days, planting quarrels, diseases, separations, prodigality, and so on.
Recognize that God’s plan for your home and family is peace, love, divine health, prosperity, mutual respect, and understanding.
As a child of God, you must stand your ground and continue to resist the attack of satan on your family.
Complaining and fighting won’t solve any problems.
Partner with God and learn to start resisting the devil over your home and declaring His promises daily. As you do, your family will surely experience God’s visitation and your innermost desires will be answered.
If you feel there is demonic oppression against your marriage and home, let’s take up the WORD this month and start sending fire into the camp of the enemy.
Memorize and pray these prayers for your home all through this month. I will send out more prayer points for family healings, marriage restorations, and for your children this month. Use these prayers and others to pray for your home and other homes.
I believe that God’s presence will be released in your home this season in Jesus name.
Scriptures for Meditation
1 Timothy 5:8 – Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
1 Peter 4:8 – Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
Ecclesiastes 4:12 – “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”
Ephesians 4:2-3 – “Be completely humble and gentle; Be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace.”
Psalm 34:3-9: Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.
7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.
9 For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.
- Are you married? Thank God for your marriage. Thank God for your spouse.
- Are you not married? Thank God for the gift of marriage. Thank God for the gift of family. Thank God for your future partner
- Thank God for giving you your present family, your siblings, mother and father, relations and others.
- Thank God for good health for family members
- Thank God for divine supplies for family members
- Thank God for protection and daily safety
- Thank God for His redemptive power that never fails nor diminishes.
- Ask the LORD to visit all members of your family with His power of salvation
- Pray that peace will reign in your family, and never cease.
- Declare blessings upon your family.
- O LORD my Father, I stand before you this day and claim my family for You in Jesus name.
- Jehovah Almighty, I enter into a covenant to seek you in my family henceforth. Help and guide me in my desire to be your ambassador in my family, in Jesus Glorious name.
- Heavenly Father, I ask that Your Spirit will take charge of the lives of my family members (name them) henceforth in Jesus name.
- LORD Jesus, no one can come to You except the Father draws him. Therefore Holy Spirit, draw every member of my family to JESUS henceforth, in Jesus name. (John 6:44)
- “It is written in Proverbs 21:1 that the heart of man is in the hand of God. Even so, LORD, the heart of all my family members are in Your hand. O LORD, I ask that You empower everyone in my family to receive salvation and the Holy Spirit in Jesus name.”
- “Father God . . . I ask You to help each member of our family (name them) to be completely humble and gentle in our interactions with each other; and to be patient, bearing with one another’s faults in love – even when we’re tired, frustrated, angry, or hurt. Help us Father, to make every effort to remain united in the Spirit in this home. Please bind us together in peace. In Jesus name” (Ephesians 4:2-3)
- “Gracious God . . . help us (name your family members) to love each other fervently. Grow our love so deep that it is able and willing to overcome and forgive a multitude of sins. In JESUS NAME.”
- O LORD, inspire a spirit of hospitality in (family member names) and enable us to cheerfully share our home with those who need a meal or a place to stay in Jesus name.
- “O LORD, Help us to put our own needs aside and use the spiritual gifts that YOU have given us to serve one another well. In Jesus name.” (Romans 15:5)
- KING of kings and LORD of lords, I dedicate this home to You from today onwards. Rule and reign in this home. Be the LORD and Saviour of this home, in Jesus name.
- How to Pray for Your Family
- How to Pray for Your Children
- Like Us on Facebook
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group
- Submit a Prayer Request
- Pray for Others
NEW BOOK ALERT
The second volume in the series, Give Orders to the Day (GOTTD), covering April to June, the second quarter of the year is now live on Amazon. These powerful teachings and daily prophetic declarations are designed to empower you to take charge of your day, encounter God in a powerful way, and experience daily breakthrough.
Give Orders to the Day (365 Days) April – June: Daily Meditations and Prophetic Declarations for All Round Victory, Protection, Healing, and Breakthrough (Daily Power Book 2).
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough