Submitted by: Apostle Christian Benjamin
“A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children…” Proverbs 13:22
In the second part of May’s prayer focus, Pastor Daniel wrote about Dealing with negative family patterns.
To take us further in the series on Family Healing and Restoration, I would like to talk to us about Ancestral blessings!
As we saw in the teaching on Dealing with Evil Family Patterns, specific problems of life may be a trans-generational carry over from past generations of our families. Being able to discern these situations and bringing them up before God is important in seeking healing and restoration for our homes.
In her book, Break the Generation Curse, Marilyn Ailene Hickey traced the descendants of two prominent Americans, Max Jukes and Jonathan Edwards.
Max Jukes was an atheist. Some 560 descendants of his were traced. Among the descendants:
- 310 died as paupers
- 150 became criminals, 7 of them murderers
- 100 were known drunkards
- More than half of the women were notoriously depraved.
- The descendants of Max Jukes cost the US government more than $1.25 million in 19th-century dollars.
But Jonathan Edwards, a contemporary of Max Jukes, was a committed Christian. He put God first in his life, married a Godly woman, and served God. Some 1,394 descendants of his were traced. Among the descendants:
- 1 was a US Vice-President (Aaron Burr)
- 3 were US Senators
- 3 were governors
- 3 were Mayors
- 30 were Judges
- 65 were Professors
- 13 were College Presidents
- 80 were Public Office Holders, of which some were Ministers
- 100 were lawyers
- One was a comptroller of US treasury
- 100 were well-known missionaries, preachers, and prominent authors.
- Not one member of Edward’s family was a liability to the US government. They were all assets.
The difference is as clear as white and black.
As the scripture says, a good man leaves an inheritance for his children’s children. I would add that he would leave a good inheritance, while a bad man would leave a bad inheritance – debts, bad name, occultism, evil relationships, and so on.
My experience in public ministry and counseling has taught me that the subject of negative generational patterns is one not to be taken lightly.
However, I want to talk about generational blessings today.
It is vital for us to know that we can also inherit blessings from our foundations. So while you’re praying and pleading the Blood of Jesus Christ over the negative patterns in your bloodline, it’s also important to learn about the foundational blessing and speak them forth into existence in your life and your home.
The Foundational Blessing
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over [a]all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that [b]moves on the earth.”
29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.
The earth is created and owned by God.
When God, the owner of the universe created man, from inception, he laid the foundation for man’s successful life on earth with “the foundational blessing.” This is what the scripture above shows.
So irrespective of whoever you consider as your ancestors, foundationally, your ancestral heritage stems from Adam who was blessed with the foundational blessing upon which all other blessings are hinged.
Before the curse came, there was the blessing.
“The earth is the LORD’S, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation” Psalm 24:1-5
Even when Adam fell, God did not leave the earth in the hands of the devil! He still owns the earth and all in it.
With clean hands and a pure heart, you can access the blessing from the Lord. So let it be clear that irrespective of what you may be seeing or experiencing now, foundationally, you are designed to function within the blessing of the Lord.
“The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it” – Prov. 10:22
This foundational blessing implies that you are empowered with the ability to prosper in life, the ability to succeed, the ability to operate without limitations. Therefore, rather than living below God’s expectation, contrary to the curses that came upon the human race via Adam’s fall, in Christ Jesus, having reversed all of that, your inheritance is no longer ancestral curses, but ancestral blessings.
The Abrahamic Blessing
“And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice” Genesis 22:16-18
God put Abraham through a test which he passed, and as a result, He pronounced a generational blessing on Him and his descendants.
God did not give Abraham a one-off blessing; he gave him a trans-generational blessing – a blessing that continues to manifest all through his generations.
“And the LORD appeared unto him the same night, and said, I am the God of Abraham thy father: fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham’s sake” – Genesis 26:24
“The blessings of your father … They shall be on the head of Joseph, And on the crown of the head of him who was separate from his brothers” – Genesis 49:26
As curses can flow through generations, blessings also flow through generations.
God’s blessings flow through generations.
So my message today is that beyond our negative ancestral patterns and curses, we’re entitled to a generational blessing that originated from God and pronounced on Adam and Abraham. Through Christ, we receive these Foundational and Abrahamic Blessings.
“That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith” – Gal. 3:14
You are now connected to the original Adamic blessing – the foundational blessing – through Jesus Christ.
And you’re now also connected to the Abrahamic blessings through Jesus Christ.
These generational blessings are very powerful, and they override every other generational curse out there. I, therefore, charge you today to pronounce these generational blessings into your life and your home.
Prayers to Command the Generational Blessings
1. “Remember thy servants, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; look not unto the stubbornness of this people, nor to their wickedness, nor to their sin” – Deut. 9:27
“And the LORD was gracious unto them, and had compassion on them, and had respect unto them, because of his covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and would not destroy them, neither cast he them from his presence as yet” – 2 Kings 13:23
God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, you are the God who fulfills Your word.
Abraham’s blessings are mine in Christ Jesus. Therefore I pray now: Let every Abrahamic blessing which you pronounced on him begin to manifest in my life and those of my children and children’s children in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Abraham’s blessings include fruitfulness. I, therefore, invoke the powers of Heaven to cause the manifestation of fruitfulness in my life from today in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Abraham’s blessings include longevity. Therefore, I invoke the power of longevity upon my life, my children, and grandchildren, and declare that none of us shall die young. We will fulfill our days. Sudden death, you are suspended and uprooted from my lineage in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Abraham’s blessings include wealth. Therefore, I invoke the power of wealth upon my life, my home, my children, and my lineage, and declare that we live in abundance. Frustration and begging is no longer our portion in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. In Egypt, the sons of Jacob were told: “… Peace be to you, fear not: your God, and the God of your father, hath given you treasure in your sacks…” Genesis 43:23
Therefore, I pray now, financial provisions that accrue to my generation under God, manifest from now onwards. I decree henceforth that there shall be no more delays in financial prosperity in my life and family in the name of Jesus Christ.
6. When Rebekah was about to marry, she received prayer from her family: And they blessed Rebekah, and said unto her, Thou art our sister, be thou the mother of thousands of millions, and let thy seed possess the gate of those which hate them (Genesis 24:60)
This was not a one-off prayer; it still spans generations. I, therefore, connect to this trans-generational prayer and declare that barrenness has no bearing in my life and my home. I decree that my seed will possess the gate of those that hate them, they will never be defeated or be below but will always be above, in Jesus name.
7. A good man leaves an inheritance for his children’s children. I am supposed to have an inheritance from my fathers in terms of land, materials, wealth, and wisdom. Therefore, I call forth everything that ought to be mine, known and unknown, all my blessings in the hands of people who don’t want me to even know about them, I break powers holding all such blessings of mine now and command them to manifest and be released to me in the name of Jesus Christ.
8. Since a good man is supposed to leave an inheritance for his children’s children, God, open your Heavens unto me, let blessings that surpass me come to me. As you spoke to Abraham, Lord, make me a blessing to my children and children’s children, in Jesus name.
9. Joseph was sent ahead to preserve life. Even though initially the circumstances did not look like it was going to end well, but it finished well, and through him, a whole generation of was preserved. O Lord, use me to preserve the lives of generations to come in the name of Jesus Christ.
10. Every problem, sickness, marriage breakdown, lack of children, disunity, hot temper, timidity, cowardice and all vices or weakness programmed to run through my family bloodline, I dissociate and cut myself off from you. I have a new relationship and family in Christ, and I am now a new creation. My generation now counts from Christ, in Jesus name.
11. David declared: “I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread” (Psalm 37:25). I, therefore, declare that my seed will never beg bread. What they put their hands to do will prosper and flourish in the name of Jesus Christ.
12. The scripture declares: “for God is in the generation of the righteous” (Ps 14:5) and “His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed” (Ps 112:2). Therefore, I declare my entire household, including my unborn children and grandchildren, blessed; we shall all be people to reckon with in the society, nothing can by any means reverse our blessings, in Jesus name.
13. Before David died, he commanded all the princes of Israel to help Solomon his son (1 Chron. 22:17). I, therefore, pray today for myself and for my children and generations after us: we will never lack help. Whenever and wherever we need help, it will never be far from us in the name of Jesus Christ.
14. “Children’s children are the crown of old men, and the glory of children are their fathers” (Prov. 17:6). I, therefore, declare today that we will never lack the glory of God in our generations; we will grow old and fulfill the number of our days, in Jesus name.
He is the founder and president of Apostolic League of Ministers, a ministry dedicated to training ministers and church leaders towards fulfilling God’s plans for their lives. He has ministered in many nations and is married to Uche Chris-Benjamin and they are blessed with children. Check out his books on Amazon.
- How to Pray for Your Family
- How to Pray for Your Children
- Like Us on Facebook
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group
- Submit a Prayer Request
- Pray for Others
NEW BOOK ALERT
The second volume in the series, Give Orders to the Day (GOTTD), covering April to June, the second quarter of the year is now live on Amazon. These powerful teachings and daily prophetic declarations are designed to empower you to take charge of your day, encounter God in a powerful way, and experience daily breakthrough.
Give Orders to the Day (365 Days) April – June: Daily Meditations and Prophetic Declarations for All Round Victory, Protection, Healing, and Breakthrough (Daily Power Book 2).
NEW AUDIOBOOK ALERT
Deliverance by Fire: 21 Days of Intensive Word Immersion, and Fire Prayers for Total Healing, Deliverance, Breakthrough, and Divine Intervention.
This audiobook is a 21-day fasting and prayer guide for all-around deliverance and breakthroughs. These teachings and prayers will touch every aspect of your life and provoke great transformations. Your health will be restored. Your finances will be healed, and you will experience breakthroughs. You will find a job. Your home will experience a great spiritual transformation, and your marriage will be restored. You will experience great peace.
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough
- Deliverance by Fire: 21 Days of Intensive Word Immersion, and Fire Prayers for Total Healing, Deliverance, Breakthrough, and Divine Intervention.