Family Healing & Restoration Prayers (2): Deliverance from Evil Family Patterns
Now there were with us seven brothers. The first died after he had married, and having no offspring, left his wife to his brother. Likewise the second also, and the third, even the seventh, last of all the woman died also. – Mathew 22:23-28
Welcome to the second part of our prayers for our families this month.
Let me start this week by sharing a very touching story. There is this family I grew up knowing as a Christian family. They were among those who brought Christianity to my village. They paid stern prices for their faith in the Lord. Everyone in that my town knew the family as God’s people. Unfortunately, the family got hit by a terrible situation that made a lot of people wonder what went wrong.
The spirit of insanity hit the wife of this awesome man. She lost her senses and wandered from place to place mad. The family did all they could to have her cured, but she got worse until she was kept in seclusion.
When I visited the village and heard the story, I was very sad. I couldn’t wrap my head around it. How could such an evil thing happen to a wonderful family many people looked up to? It was such a burden for many of us, especially Christians from the village. I joined others in interceding and crying to the Lord on their behalf.
Some months later, my mum told me that insanity was in the family. She had found out that this great woman’s mum and her grand mum went mad before their deaths. Now I look back and see that this was a negative family pattern that needed to be handled with targeted deliverance prayers. Unfortunately, we didn’t know much then.
An evil family pattern is a set of evil records or turn of events in a given family. They are evil behaviors or problems associated with a family. Usually, such behaviors or problems are seen to exist or happen in the lives of other members of the family.
For example, I know a man who had an only son, and he was the only son of his father, and his father was the only son of his grandfather. I also know a friend whose father divorced his mother. In the entire family, women who marry into the family don’t stay married. From his uncles to everyone else in that family, the women always get divorced after bearing children. And this friend? Well, sorry, he got married, and after two years and a daughter, they divorced.
An evil pattern is a negative situation that repeats itself in your life or that of your family, a situation or negative habit that can be traced to also exist with other members of the family. They are signals that there is something that has gone wrong somewhere and needs to be corrected spiritually.
Examples of Negative Patterns
- The father of Abraham, Terah, was seventy years old before he had a child (Genesis 11:18-26).
- Abraham was 75 and did not have a child
- Isaac’s wife was barren – Genesis 25:21
- Jacob’s wife was also barren – Genesis 29:31
- Negative lifestyles, such as lies, fraudulent tendencies, theft, alcoholism, sexual pervasion, etc.
- Abraham told lies about his wife – Genesis 20:2
- Isaac told lies about his wife – Genesis 26:6
- Jacob was a master trickster – Genesis 27
- The tendency to adultery, sexual pervasion, and polygamy
- Solomon married many women who led him away from God – 1 Kings 11:3-4
- Rehoboam, his son, and heir to the throne was also led away from the Lord by strange women – 1 Chronicles 11:23.
- Untimely death
Mathew 22:25-28: 25 – Now there were with us seven brothers. The first died after he had married, and having no offspring, left his wife to his brother. 26 Likewise the second also, and the third, even to the seventh. 27 Last of all the woman died also.
Specific problems that run in the family are also signs of a negative family pattern. For example, infertility, premature death, divorce, delayed marriage, lack of progress, poverty, broken marriage, repeated illnesses discovered in the family history (e.g: cancer, HBP, Diabetes, etc.)
Evil patterns and behaviors in the family are not something you wish away and say, that’s nonsense. You can’t say, “But I’m a Christian now, old things have passed away.”
Yes, spiritually, old things have passed away. But physically, you’re still from the family from where you came. The blood still runs in you. You didn’t disown the family from where you came into existence because you are now born again, did you?
Getting born again does not cancel the law of inheritance; it instead gives us the power to reject negative inheritances and command positive ones to manifest.
In medicine, for example, doctors agree that illnesses can be passed on from one generation to the other, so they sometimes ask for the health history of your family to know how to administer the correct treatment.
If you observe that a situation you or your child is struggling with (or a habit you or your child is battling with) can also be traced in the family you come from, either from your mother or father side, then deliverance prayers are the way out. Come before God and specifically address these behaviors and problems and decree that enough is enough.
How to Stop Evil Family Patterns in Your Life
Evil patterns are usually as a result of past errors that create spiritual punishments for the family members. The good news, however, is that in Christ, you can pray yourself out. So examine your family history and note the negative patterns you see and pray yourself out of those patterns. Here’s what to do:
- Recognize the evil pattern
- Discern the root cause of the problem by praying a prayer of inquiry and seeking answers to relevant questions from those who should know.
- Take time to pray and seek direction from the Lord
- Seek counsel and help from those who can help.
- Fast and pray, and seek God until you’re convinced in your spirit that it’s now reversed.
You can start with the prayers below. Pray them at midnight for seven days or more. And if you need more spiritual guidance to deal with negative family patterns, kindly obtain a copy of my book, Prayers that Break Curses and Spells
Heavenly Father, I thank You because You have set me up for a victorious life in Christ Jesus. You have washed and redeemed me by the precious Blood of Jesus shed on the cross of Calvary.
Today, Lord, I pray, may the Blood of Jesus Christ flow through to my foundation and the entire design of my body system and cleanse me from all childhood defilements and evil inheritance.
I set myself free from every problem and difficulty operating in my life as a result of ignorant childhood initiation and evil practices by my parents, grandparents, and guardians, in Jesus name.
Every demonic seed deposited into my life and my body from my childhood, be roasted by fire in the name of Jesus.
According to the word of God, if a man is in Christ, he is a new creature, old things are passed away, and all things become new? I, therefore, announce this day before heaven and earth,
“I am a child of God. Jesus Christ is in my life. I have been removed from satanic kingdom and translated into the kingdom of light. I am a new creature, destined to succeed in everything I do. I cannot be stopped by anything.
Every curse holding onto the covenants of my ancestries to chase my life and destiny, you are now helpless. By the blood of Jesus Christ, I announce my total freedom from every one of you.
I command all familiar spirits perpetrating evil in my life and family, hindering the glory of God from showing forth in our efforts, be crippled and get back into the abyss.
Henceforth, I reverse all forms of evil patterns in my life, in the life of my children, and in my family, in Jesus name.
Today, O LORD, I command every satanic covering and cloud of darkness over my life and family to be utterly destroyed.
Every eater of flesh and drinker of blood chasing my life and family, die by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
(Lay your hand on your belly and pray):
I break every evil chord connecting me to the curses on the ancestors of my family and community, in the name of Jesus Christ.
From today, O LORD, according to Mathew 18:18, I forbid untimely death, sickness, barrenness, disappointment, and failure in my life and family.
Let every closed door, lost opportunities, and gifts in my life and family, be restored, in Jesus name.
O LORD, as it is written in Colossians 1:13-14, I have been translated from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of the son, Jesus Christ.
In him, I have redemption, through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins. I, therefore, make the following proclamation today before heaven and earth.
I belong to a new kingdom, the kingdom of light.
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly places, far above all principalities and powers. Nothing can stop me from manifesting the glory of God; nothing will prevent me from being healed and walk in divine health.
In Jesus name.
I call upon the fire of God right now to destroy permanently every hidden and unknown curse, spell, charm, incantations and evil statements made against my life and family.
Every hidden covenant working against my life, family, and destiny, be destroyed in Jesus name.
I now belong to a new covenant of life, peace, health, and prosperity sealed with the Holy blood of Jesus Christ
I decree today, whatever demonic instrument of accusation in my possession, knowingly or unknowingly, let their power be paralyzed in Jesus name.
I decree that I am completely delivered and FREE from any form of a generational curse, covenant or restriction working against my life
It is written that whoever the Son sets free, is free indeed (John 8:36). Therefore, LORD, I decree that I am set free from ancestral curses and spells, in Jesus Name.
- How to Pray for Your Family
- How to Pray for Your Children
- Like Us on Facebook
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group
- Submit a Prayer Request
- Pray for Others
NEW BOOK ALERT
The second volume in the series, Give Orders to the Day (GOTTD), covering April to June, the second quarter of the year is now live on Amazon. These powerful teachings and daily prophetic declarations are designed to empower you to take charge of your day, encounter God in a powerful way, and experience daily breakthrough.
Give Orders to the Day (365 Days) April – June: Daily Meditations and Prophetic Declarations for All Round Victory, Protection, Healing, and Breakthrough (Daily Power Book 2).
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough