David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I pursue this band of raiders? Will I overtake them?” And He answered him, “Pursue, for you will certainly overtake them, and you will certainly rescue the captives.” – I Samuel 30: 8 (AMP)
Welcome to Fasting Day 2.
Yesterday, I shared the guidelines for the 21-day fast. Going forward we shall be dealing with lessons from our text of the year, which is 1 Samuel 30. Before we go deeper, however, here’s what we should do today…
1. Write Your Vision
What I mean here is that you should sit down, and plainly write out areas of your life you desire God’s intervention this year.
It’s true that God knows our heart desires, but it’s also true that He wants us to be specific in our requests sometimes.
So write down in a book something like:
Areas I need God’s Restoration/Intervention…
Don’t be scared if they’re so many. Just write out the areas you are believing God for deliverance, support and help this year.
2. We’re going to have an agreement with God
There is power in united prayer. When we have an agreement and pray, it’s so powerful.
Yes, God has given us a Word for restoration and victory. And the Scriptures also confirm this word. But we’re now going to internalize this word in our spirits, agree with it and declare it as many times as we can.
We’re going to agree with God on this Word.
Look at this:
“If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” – John 15:7 (KJV)
And then remember this: “…As surely as I live, declares the LORD, I will do to you the very thing I heard you say” (Numbers 14:28).
So today, you’re going to get God’s Word of restoration and victory into your spirit, chew it, pray it, declare it, sing it, dance it, accept it and dream it.
It’s there in Scriptures that God will restore what has been taken away from you.
3. We’re going to read our text today
Read the entire I Samuel Chapter 30 as many times as possible. Read it alone, and then read it with your family if possible. Discuss it. Let the Holy Spirit give you inspirations and direction from it.
As you read and meditate on this story, if there are special thoughts that pop up in your heart, take note of them. Then write down whatever the LORD is laying in your heart. If He reminds you of some other Scriptures, take time and read them as well, and then pray the Scriptures out loud today.
Remember, the ultimate purpose of this fast is to encounter God’s Word in a special way. So we’re not going to just recite some prayers and say “yes, we’re praying.”
We’re going to do some deep work with the Word and His power will be released in our lives for all-around victory and restoration.
A Bit More About Restoration of the Locust Years
As Joel 2: 25 says, God’s going to restore the locust years to us in Jesus name.
But what are the locust years?
You may not get the total impact of that scripture until you read from Joel Chapter 1.
God’s people had suffered the complete destruction of their entire harvest through swarms of locusts that invaded their farms. These locusts destroyed the crops, wiped out the seed saved from the previous year, terminated the harvest of the current year, and the seed that would have been saved for next year.
It was really a bad situation from Joel’s picture.
However, the entire locust invasion story was an illustration of God’s judgment. In His promise to “restore” the years lost to the locust, God is promising to restore His repentant people to a place of blessing after judgment. He is saying that…
“…his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.” – Psalm 30:5
“In His anger He would remember His mercy.” (Habakkuk 3:2)
The locust years represent:
- Years of hard work with nothing to show for it
- Years of pain of loss
- Years of suffering due to illness
- Years of living without a purpose
- Years of lovelessness (failure in relationships)
- Years of living without Christ
- Years of demonic attacks and spiritual problems
- Years of poor self-worth
- Years of confusion
- Years of hatred and malicious bullying against you
I’m sure you’re getting the picture now.
As Joel said in Joel 2:26, God’s restoration would be both physical and spiritual. “And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.”
Now, as you read the entire 1 Samuel 30, you’ll see the totality of the restoration, recovery, and victory God gives His people.
That’s what we can expect as we humble ourselves before God, repent of our selfish ways and call on Him for help this year.
- Thank God for sending Jesus Christ who died and resurrected and brought us forgiveness of sins and restoration to God, making us members of His family.
- Declare according to Galatians 4:6 that you’re a child of God, and joint heirs with Christ
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal any areas of your life that you need to repent and surrender to the LORD the more this year.
- Declare that this year is a year of total restoration and all-round victory for you and your loved ones in Jesus name
- Pray for wisdom to recover and receive all your lost inheritance in Christ Jesus, in Jesus name
- Make the following decrees:
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, I declare that this is my year of Total Restoration and All Round Victory,
- I shall have victory in every area of my life.
- I shall have victory in my family, workplace, ministry and community.
- I shall have victory in my relationship.
- Whatever the devil has stolen from my life and family is getting restored 100-fold this year.
- My health, finances, peace, and faith is restored this year.
- Nothing shall interfere with the work of the Holy Spirit being accomplished in my life.
- Henceforth, no weapon fashioned against me shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against me this year shall be condemned in Jesus name.
- Today, I pursue, I overtake the enemy, and I recover whatever they have stolen from me and my household, in Jesus name.
- I decree that I am filled with power according to the order of Moses, Jesus and the apostles.
- I am a candidate for signs, wonders, and miracles.
- This year, I will lay my hands on the sick, and they shall recover. I shall cast out devils, and even if I drink any deadly thing by mistake, it shall not hurt me, in Jesus name.
- Pray: O LORD, whatever represents locusts in my life and family, expose and destroy them in Jesus name.
- I decree that I am free from every form of ancestral curses and problems coming from my lineage. I declare that there is no more room for any ancestral bondage in my life and family henceforth. May all open doors through which curses come and operate in my lineage be closed this day, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- I confess and believe that this year is my year of Total Restoration and All Round Victory. It is my year of celebration and not a year of mourning. I am walking from blessing to blessing, from protection to protection, from power to power, from victory to victory, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- O LORD, all through this year, I ask that the Holy Spirit will delight and lead all the affairs of my life, and that of my family, according to Your riches in glory.
In Jesus name.