3 When David and his men came to the town, it was burned, and their wives and their sons and their daughters had been taken captive.
4 Then David and the people who were with him raised their voices and wept until they were too exhausted to weep any longer – I Samuel 30:3-4
It’s fasting Day 4
For the guideline for this fast, and to be on the same page, kindly read:
As we continue to study the WORD of God, pray and wait on the LORD, His grace for victory and all-around restoration is released in our lives in Jesus Name.
When is Crying Not Enough?
Notice from the verses we read today that David and the people who were with him raised their voices and wept until they were too exhausted to weep any longer.
That was their first response when they saw that the Amalekites had plundered them in their absence.
Can you relate with that?
This is the point…
It’s okay to cry when something bad happens. According to Psychologists, tears contain toxins and some feel good chemicals that are released into the body whenever we cry tears of sadness.
However, sorrowful tears do not bring real solutions to the problems and situations that were created by the thing that just happened. That is why it is good that after crying, we sit down and gradually study what happened and then find out what we must do.
David and his men wept until they didn’t have any more strength to weep. Unfortunately, their weeping did not restore their lost possessions. They needed to do something more than crying and weeping. They needed to take some spiritual actions.
There are many things we can learn from this; some of which include…
- We cannot solve problems by crying and weeping
- We cannot solve problems by complaining
- We cannot solve problems by being depressed (That’s the plan of Satan)
- We cannot solve problems by allowing ourselves to feel condemned
- God wants us to learn how to take the right spiritual actions whenever something that is not good happens.
Crying, complaining and being sad will not bring deliverance from demonic attacks. Targeted spiritual actions are the way to reclaim whatever the enemy has hurt in your life in the past.
Our prayer focus today is this:
- To advise ourselves against crying, weeping, and complaining this year.
- To advise ourselves to begin to listen to what the Holy Spirit is saying, and to follow His instructions for complete restoration and victorious living.
- To reject spiritually designed plans to cause us pain, loss, and tears this year
- To ask for the grace to take the right spiritual actions in response to situations that will happen this year.
1. Thank God once again for saving you from sin and making you His child through Jesus Christ.
2. Thank God for His plans for you and your loved ones this year, 2018. His plans are to prosper you, not to bring you harm, to give you victory, hope, and total all-around restoration, this year (Jeremiah 29:11)
3. Pray for divine prevention over anything designed to cause tears in your life and family this year
4. Pray that whatever the enemy has stolen from your life and family in the past, that has left a mark that continues to bring sorrow from time to time, to be restored and recovered fully this year, in Jesus name.
5. Pray and decree that there will be no tears and sorrow in your life and family this year, in Jesus name.
6. Pray that this year shall be blessed with peace, joy and celebration for you and your loved ones, in Jesus name.
7. Pray that God will make you an agent of hope and consolation to others this year, in Jesus name.
8. Command every Amalekite (every demon and physical agents of darkness) projected to cause destruction in your life and family this year to be frustrated, bound and sent back into the abyss, in Jesus name.
9. Ask the LORD to empower you through the Holy Spirit, all through this year, to take the right actions when wrong things happen, so that you will truly walk in God’s plan of victory and restoration all through
10. Pray for grace to walk in the will of God for your life in every area this year, in Jesus name.
11. Thank God for taking sorrows and pain away from you and your loved ones this year and for His peace and joy, in Jesus name.
12. Pray as many as you’re led by the Holy Spirit.
Read and Confess
1. Psalm 51:12 (ESV): “Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.”
2. Amos 9:14 (ESV): “I will restore the fortunes of my people Israel, and they shall rebuild the ruined cities and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and drink their wine, and they shall make gardens and eat their fruit.”
3. 2 Corinthians 13:11 (ESV): “Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.”
4. Jeremiah 30:17: “For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.”
5. Isaiah 61:7: “For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.”
6. Proverbs 10:22 – The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
7. Joel 2:25-26
Jesus Christ is the LORD and savior of mankind.