“David was greatly distressed because the people spoke of stoning him, for all of them were embittered, each man for his sons and daughters. But David felt strengthened and encouraged in the Lord his God.” – I Samuel 30:6
It’s fasting day 5.
Please note the following
- For the guideline for this fast, read: Fasting Day 1
- Fasting Day 2
- Fasting Day 3
- Fasting Day 4
- To send a prayer request to us this season, click here
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Please like our Facebook page and share this post
As we continue to study the WORD of God, pray and wait on the LORD, His grace for victory and all-around restoration is released in our lives in Jesus Name.
What are they?
These are human beings and or spiritual forces that usually appear to be friendly in your presence but are in reality, enemies of your life. Usually, they are close to you and have a lot of information about you.
The Bible is filled with many cases of friendly enemies. For example, Cain seemed to have the interest of his brother, Abel, at heart. But lo and behold, he was actually looking for an opportunity to kill him. And he eventually succeeded in his plan (Genesis 4:1-16).
For many years, Saul tried to pretend that he loved young David. But he was looking for an opportunity to get rid of him. He plotted and tried his plans many times, but God frustrated all his strategies and gave David victory (1 Samuel 18:17-30).
“And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household” (Matthew 10:36).
He also experienced the betrayal of his friend. The Bible says:
“Even my close friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted up his heel against me, betraying me (Psalm 41:9 AMP).
If you look at our text for today, you’ll notice that the same people, who cried with David, were the same people who wanted to stone him.
Fine, they were all in sorrow, but how would David’s death help their situation?
Sometimes, the enemy uses people that are very close to us to supply information to outsiders who attack us with that information. Other times, there are people who the enemy positions around us that pretend to be friends, but are working seriously hard at frustrating the plan of God for our lives.
That is why one of our payer focus for this year is to rebuke and stand against those enemies that are pretending to be friends. Our prayer will be that God will expose their intentions, give us the wisdom to manage them and have victory over their activities.
Transferred demons and generational powers are also other forms of friendly enemies. That is, evil powers that know about you, either from your lineage, family history or background. These demons associated with family lineages ensures that bondages, curses, corrupt agreements, and strongholds continue to thrive in a family from one generation to the other. But as we pray today, stand in the Word of God, and rebuke these powers, their operations will be completely erased from our lives and families, in Jesus name.
- Heavenly Father, I thank You for the victory I have over the powers of darkness through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Thank You for delivering us from the powers of darkness, and translating us into the kingdom of Your dear Son, Jesus Christ, in whom we have redemption because of His sacrifice, resulting in the forgiveness of our sins and the cancellation of the penalty of our sins (Colossians 1:13-15).
- Father, thank You because You have said that those who gather against me, shall fall (Isaiah 54:15-17). I give You praise, forever and ever, in Jesus’ name.
- O LORD, I pray this day, any man or woman who is posing as a friend in my life and family, but is secretly working for my downfall, Father expose their intentions and frustrate their activities in Jesus name.
- O LORD, give me the wisdom to recognize when I am walking towards the traps of men, and to be able to resist these traps, in Jesus name.
- Father, may every agent of darkness assigned against my life this year become frustrated this day and bundled back into the abyss, in Jesus name.
- Blood of Jesus Christ, completely erase my name and my family from all forms of lineage curses and generational covenants, in Jesus name.
- I decree that by the Blood of Jesus Christ, myself, my family, my children, and my lineage, henceforth, belongs to the covenant of salvation in Christ. We are no longer victims of evil blood covenants, in Jesus name.
- This year O LORD, I claim total restoration from every damage that has occurred in my life as a result of the operations of household demons, generational curses, and enemies claiming to be friends, in Jesus name.
- Father, in every area of my life, I claim the assistance, support and help of Your angels assigned to protect and guide me this year, in Jesus name.
- O LORD, let your angels go right now, and all through this year, and correct every negative information that the enemy has spread about me, in Jesus name.
- I pray this day LORD, let a war break out in the camp of my enemies this year. Make them fight one another until they totally destroy themselves in Jesus name.
- O LORD, turn the advice of my blood enemies into foolishness. I send their evil arrows back to them. May the fall into their own traps and pits this year, in Jesus name.
- Pray as many as the LORD lays in your heart.
Thank You LORD, for in Jesus Christ name, I pray.
Read, Meditate and Pray With
Psalm 41:5-6 – But my enemies say nothing but evil about me. “How soon will he die and be forgotten?” they ask.They visit me as if they were my friends, but all the while they gather gossip, and when they leave, they spread it everywhere.
Psalm 1: 1-6 – Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
Luke 1:17 – That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us.