Fasting Day 8: Creating Joy in Heaven (Prayers For Others’ Salvation & Healing)
10 But David pursued the Amalekites, he and four hundred men, for two hundred who were too exhausted to cross the brook Besor stayed behind.
11 They found an Egyptian who had collapsed in the field and brought him to David, and gave him bread and he ate, and they gave him water to drink,
12 and they gave him a piece of a fig cake and two clusters of raisins; and when he had eaten, his energy returned, for he had not eaten bread or had any water to drink for three days and three nights.
It’s fasting day 8.
Please note the following
For the guideline and up to date information for this fast, read:
- Fasting Day 1
- Fasting Day 2
- Fasting Day 3
- Fasting Day 4
- Fasting Day 5
- Fasting Day 6
- Fasting Day 7
- To send a prayer request to us this season, click here
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Please continue to follow the direction of this fast. As we continue to study the WORD of God, pray and wait on the LORD, His grace for victory and all-around restoration is released in our lives in Jesus Name.
There’s a lot of wisdom from today’s reading. Some of them are:
- Don’t ignore the weak.
- Care for them the best way you can.
- As you do that, God causes difficult things to become easier for you.
Here was David and about four hundred men – battle ready, determined to crush the enemy. But when they saw a weak man – a deprived, sick, and abandoned fellow – they stopped and cared. And that became the open door to their victory and recovering what the enemy stole from them.
Every time we show concern and make out time to care for the weak among us, or in the society, we are practicing true Christianity (James 1:27). Proverbs 19:17 (AMP) says that “He who is gracious and lends a hand to the poor lends to the Lord, and the Lord will repay him for his good deed.”
Here’s the thing:
Don’t wait until you have all your prayers and needs met before you lend a hand to the weak.
Even in your own plenty needs and seemingly unanswered prayers, step out and strengthen others. God will cause you to find a way and be strengthened as well.
This year, we are being called to strengthen others. For “those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting.”(Psalm 126:5)
How to Pray Today.
Today’s prayer will be focused on praying for the salvation of others. We are going to go to God in humility and sincerely pray for persons in our neighborhood or community that needs Jesus.
We’re not going to pray some general prayers of, “LORD, save these people in this community.” No. We’re going to list names of few persons on paper and pray for their genuine salvation.
The Bible says: “I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. – Luke 15:7.
So, write out some names of people in your family, Church or neighbourhood, who needs salvation and those who needs healing, and fill them in the blank spaces below as you pray.
Scriptures for Meditation and Confession
Matthew 18:14– “Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.”
2 Peter 3:9 – “The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.”
1 Timothy 2:3-4 – “This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.”
Acts 16:31 – “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, along with everyone in your household.”
Luke 11:5-10 – Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.’
And suppose the one inside answers, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can’t get up and give you anything.’
I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity[a] he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.
“So I say to you: Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
- O LORD, I Thank You because You do not want me, my family, my children and these people I have here on my list to perish. Thank You LORD because You want us all to be saved.
This is the assurance I have in YOU that as I pray, I receive answers. In Jesus name.
- Today O LORD, I declare that these shall be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth in Christ Jesus.
Let Your power of salvation visit them. Visit ———————wherever they are right now. Visit them in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father LORD, I ask that out of Your unlimited resources You will empower ——————– with the inner strength to accept Jesus as their LORD and Savior. In Jesus name.
- Cause …………………………. to be planted deep in the Love of Christ. Let them be rooted deep in Your love and comprehend with all of God’s people the extravagant dimensions of Your love. In Jesus name.
- I come against the spirit of rebellion in the life of —————-in Jesus name. I cast out every spirit of stubbornness and rebellion; I command these anti-salvation spirits to be drowned in the abyss in the Mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus sets you—————— free; you are therefore free indeed. You are no longer under the influence of Satan and sin. In Jesus name.
- Wherever you are———————– Receive encounter with Jesus right now. In the name of Jesus Christ.
- Because you ——————- are connected to me, and I believe in Christ and His Love, you are saved from sin to serve the living God through Christ Jesus. In Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, my Father, I confess with Your Word, that these are saved to serve You. In Jesus name.
Pray for the Sick
Acts 10:38 – “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”
There are so many sick people around you and in the hospitals. You may know some by name. Pray for God’s healing power to be released into their lives.
(In the blank spaces, fill in the names of the persons you are praying for)
- “Heavenly Father, It is Your will to heal us. It is Your will for us to walk in divine health.
The price for our healing has been paid on the cross by Your Son, Jesus Christ.
So Father, as I pray for………………………………..this day, I am confident that Your healing power will be made manifest for his healing and deliverance from the sickness and pain tormenting him, in Jesus name.
- O LORD, I stand in the gap right now and ask for forgiveness for ……………………………………. By the Blood of Jesus, I claim forgiveness from any sin and disobedience that has brought or empowered this sickness to operate in the life of —————————–in Jesus name.
- LORD, You forgive our sins and heal our diseases. Therefore I ask for forgiveness and total healing of this sickness in the life of———————in Jesus name.
- Every spirit that has caused this illness in —————————– I command you to get out of his body and be drowned in the abyss in Jesus name.
- Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. The bodies of ………………….. are the temples of the Holy Spirit.
Therefore, every spirit of defilement in ——————, I cast you out right now. This body is not your home. I command you to go into the abyss in Jesus name.
- Dear LORD, carry out a Holy Ghost surgery in ………………………..body right now and bring him total healing, in Jesus name
- Precious Holy Spirit, move into the body of ………………………….and restore every strength and health, In Jesus name.
- I decree that ——————- will prosper and be in good health, even as the soul prospers in the Lord, in Jesus name.
- Thank You Jesus for healing ………………………….and causing him to walk in divine health. Your work is permanent. Everything you do is perfect. Thank You Jesus.