”“But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you [setting you on a firm foundation] and will protect and guard you from the evil one.” – 2 Thessalonians 3:3 (AMP)
The world is increasingly becoming a more dangerous place to live. However, Our God is the great Protector. He is Jehovah Nissi, which means the LORD who guards, delivers, covers, preserves, shelters and watches over us.
Be confident and rejoice at the fact that Satan can’t harm you and your loved ones, because we have victory in Christ Jesus.
Always remember that the One who is in you is greater than the god of this corrupt world.
Sometimes we need to call upon Him in our prayers for protection, reminding Him of His promises. Today, therefore, has been marked as a day to remember God’s promises for divine protection and declare these promises over ourselves and loved ones.
Here are short prayers for protection that will help you reach out to God’s Love for protection.
Declare these scriptures over the year and believe God’s protecting Hand to be released over your life and family.
BIBLE VERSES ABOUT DIVINE PROTECTION
What does the Bible say?
1. Psalm 1:6 – For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.
2. Psalm 121:5-8 – The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm– he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
3. Psalm 91:10-11 – No harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
4. Isaiah 54:17 – “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me,” declares the LORD.
5. Proverbs 1:33 – But whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.”
6. Psalm 34:7 – For the angel of the LORD is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him.
No matter how bad things may seem, we must always trust in the Lord.
7. Psalm 112:6-7 – Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
8. Nahum 1:7 – The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.
9. Psalm 56:4 – In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.
10. Proverbs 29:25 – Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe
Do not be afraid, no matter what.
11. Deuteronomy 31:8 – Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
12. Genesis 28:15 – I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
13. Proverbs 3:24-26 – When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.
14. Psalm 27:1 – The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid?
Take refuge in the Lord.
15. Psalm 91:1-4 – Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
16. Psalm 5:11 – But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
17. Proverbs 18:10 – The name of the LORD is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe.
18. Psalm 144:2 – He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.
19. Exodus 14:14 – The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.
20. Exodus 15:3 – The LORD is a warrior; the LORD is his name.
21. Daniel 6:22-23 – My God sent His angel and shut the lions’ mouths, so that they have not hurt me, because I was found innocent before Him; and also, O king, I have done no wrong before you.” Now the king was exceedingly glad for him, and commanded that they should take Daniel up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no injury whatever was found on him, because he believed in his God.
22. Ezra 8:31-32 – On the twelfth day of the first month we set out from the Ahava Canal to go to Jerusalem. The hand of our God was on us, and he protected us from enemies and bandits along the way. So we arrived in Jerusalem, where we rested three days.
23. Isaiah 43:1-3 – But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead.
PRAYER: 1. BASED UPON PSALMS 91
Theme and Prayers Culled from the book, PRAYERS FOR THE YEAR.
Scripture Excerpts copied from BIBLE REASONS