Scripture of the Month
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the Lord, mercy shall compass him about. – Psalm 32:8-10
By the leading of God’s Spirit, this month is declared the MONTH OF DIRECTION. Our focus and prayers will be to surrender to God and His leading for our lives once more.
I believe that the most powerful key to receiving answers to prayers is learning what the LORD is saying and obeying it. This is what I will be reminding us and leading us to pray about this month.
It’s no news that there are so many problems in this world. In fact, in the body of Christ, many Christians are buffeted by all kinds of storms. Many are looking for a way forward and a way out of their problems.
I have sat in counselling sessions and hear all manner of beatings and attacks against people. Many times my heart breaks when I hear the stories of God’s people and their challenges. I often ask myself, “God, what is happening? Where are you?”
To be honest, there are times I’ve found myself in the same lane that the writer of Psalm 73 found himself. My heart would become so heavy, and my questions so many.
But in the midst of it all, when I truly listen to the voice of silence, the following questions have always helped me to face the real situation.
- Is God responsible for this?
- Is Satan responsible for this?
- Is this person responsible for this?
If you always ask yourself those three questions, your answers will put things in perspective and channel the efforts for healing and restoration more correctly.
I know what you’re thinking. You’re saying, “But God, You’re a merciful and all-powerful God. Won’t you just have mercy on me and break this darkness away from me? Where’s Your power in all this?”
Beloved, that’s where this teaching comes in.
God wants to break every form of darkness away from you this day and give you victory. He’s reaching out to you.
But there are many battles we’re going through today, and praying earnestly for deliverance, and things are just not changing because God is speaking to us in some way, but we’re not listening, or we’re not really understanding what the LORD is telling us and wanting us to do. As a result, we’re stuck and getting more and more confused.
The greatest secret to winning your spiritual battles and seeing answers to all your prayers is this: “…LORD, what are You saying and wanting me to do in this situation?”
If you truly calm down and listen, that’s where you’re probably not getting things right.
There are many issues we are confronting today in the wrong way, either because we’re not listening to what God is saying, or we just want God to do what we are saying.
Today, this month, I urge you to surrender to God’s leading. The earlier you do, the better. Inside God’s leading is the answer and solution to the situation you’re faced with right now.
Are You Scared of God’s Direction?
A month or so ago, I talked with a sister and she said, “You know Pastor Daniel, I want to be honest with you. I’m just praying that God will intervene in this situation and deliver me. I’m not praying for His direction because I’m worried He may tell me what I do not like to do.”
I smiled and said, “You know, I was like that too.”
Many of us are worried that if we let God lead us, He may tell us to do some things that are hard. He may tell us to leave that relationship. He may tell us to forgive and stick on. He may tell us to go ahead with the job. He may tell us to quit and go elsewhere, etc.
And many times, those are not what we want to hear, not what we want, so we just close our hearts, and continue to get people to pray and prophesy to us. Unfortunately, it’s not working.
First, yes, God may lead you to do things that are hard in the physical, but not impossible. You can also be sure that His commands will not be burdensome, and it will ultimately bring you the healing you seek (See 1 John 5:3, Psalm 85:8).
In 1 Samuel 30:8, the Bible says, “And David enquired at the Lord, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? Shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.
Did you notice that David asked God…
- If he should pursue the enemies
- If he would overtake (overcome) them
As long as David was concerned, those were the two main issues in his mind: to pursue those guys and kill them.
But when God responded, He said…
- Recover all
God was not interested in just defeating those guys. He was also interested in total restoration.
What does that tell you?
God’s leading will bring you recovery and restoration. All He wants from you is to show a willingness to be led by Him. For “if ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land” (Isaiah 1:19).
You’ve Been Spoiled Enough
This scripture brought a turning point in my life many years ago. Read it slowly and ask God to talk to you from it…
Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the Lord’s servant?
Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not.
The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness’ sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.
But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore. (Isaiah 42: 19-22)
Now read from down to up. That is, read verse 22, 21, 20 and then 19.
Did you notice that the reason we (God’s people, not unbelievers) have been spoiled and robbed, without anyone able to say restore (that is, able to pray for change to happen) is because we have seen many things, heard many things, but not paying attention?
God is saying that He knows you are praying earnestly for things to change. You are claiming restoration and fasting for it. He knows all that. But you’re not paying attention to some of the things He is showing to you. That’s why your restoration is being unnecessarily delayed.
So the problem is not from the side of God. The two persons to hold responsible are the devil, and we.
Pray this day that your heart will be flooded with God’s light by the Holy Spirit so that you will perceive His instructions in your heart and follow His leading.
For it is those who are led by the Spirit of God that are the children of God (Romans 8:14)
Miracles Happen When We Hear and Obey God
“…Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.” – Hebrews 3:15
When God speaks to you and you know it, obey. If you refuse to obey, your heart will eventually become hardened. After a while, if you do not repent, you’ll become used to your ways of doing things and it will become harder and harder to recognize the voice of God going forward.
God spoke to Saul and told him exactly what to do (I Samuel 15). But out of people pressure, he disregarded God’s instructions. Eventually, his heart became hardened and he lost his throne and inheritance.
This month, as you begin to seek God, He will certainly begin to speak to you and guide you. He will give you new thoughts, impressions, and great leadings.
Be very observant because God will speak to you (We will get to talking about How God speaks to us later on).
But if you don’t step out in faith and obey Him, you’ll lose the flow and never reach your full potential. And sadly, you may continue to pray and pray and pray.
Look at this story:
But his mother told the servants, “Do whatever he tells you to.”
Six stone waterpots were standing there; they were used for Jewish ceremonial purposes and held perhaps twenty to thirty gallons each. Then Jesus told the servants to fill them to the brim with water. When this was done he said, “Dip some out and take it to the master of ceremonies.”
When the master of ceremonies tasted the water that was now wine, not knowing where it had come from (though, of course, the servants did), he called the bridegroom over.
“This is wonderful stuff!” he said. “You’re different from most. Usually, a host uses the best wine first, and afterwards, when everyone is full and doesn’t care, then he brings out the less expensive brands. But you have kept the best for the last!” – John 2:5-10 (TLB)
The key to this great supernatural miracle and all other miracles of Christ was, “DO WHATEVER HE TELLS YOU TO DO.”
He told them to fill the waterpots with water. They did. He then told them to draw from the water and take to the master of the ceremony.
Now, this doesn’t make sense.
I also think that as at the point of taking the water to the chairman of the occasion, it was still water. The servants must have wondered, “This must be embarrassing.” But nonetheless, they obeyed.
“One thing about God’s leading is that you may not see the full picture from the onset. But as you obey the last instruction, He’ll give the next one, and you’ll walk in the supernatural.”
If Jesus had said to the servants, “Hey guys, fill the pots with water, I’m going to turn them into wine. You watch.”
That may have given them some things to boast about. But he just said, fill the pots with water. Then next, draw from the water and take to the master of ceremony.
If they were going to take the water to the master of ceremony, why did they need to fill it in the pots in the first place? Why did they have to spend time and effort doing that? Why didn’t they just draw from wherever the water was and then take it to the chairman of the occasion?
Many questions, simple answer: God’s ways are higher than our ways.
Beloved, has God been saying something in your heart all this while and somehow you know He is speaking to you? Is He telling you to forgive your spouse? Is he telling you to go preach to some person in your neighborhood? Is he telling you to come away from the multitude of busyness and have some more time with the WORD?
What is He telling you to do? Test it with the WORD. Then, step up in faith and obey. You will not be disappointed.
Prayers to Command the Month of May
- Heavenly Father, I thank you for bringing me to this month of May. I give you praise for keeping us safe until this day. May You be praised forever and ever, in Jesus name.
- Father, I thank You because You have not allowed the battles that faced me all this while to swallow me. You have kept me from the attacks of the enemy. I am sure You are at work in my life to bring me complete recovery and victory, all around, in Jesus name.
- LORD, I thank You because You are ever willing and ready to instruct me and teach me in the way which I should go. You will guide me with Thine eye. Thank You, LORD, because I will no longer be like the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding, whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle.
- O LORD, If there be any instruction, direction, and guidance that I have ignored in the past, knowingly or unknowingly, which is now responsible for my being spoiled, plundered and trapped in holes; O LORD, please forgive me, and restore whatever the enemy has tampered within my life, family and destiny, in Jesus name
- All through his month of May, LORD, I surrender to You completely. Guide me through thy Holy Spirit to remember everything You have said to me in the past that I need to obey, in Jesus name.
- Father LORD, teach me how to receive answers to all my prayers, and have victory over the present circumstances confronting me, in Jesus name.
- Satan, I reject your distractions this month and going forward. I reject your lies and confusions in my mind. I bind you and command all your attacks and projections targeted at blinding me towards God’s voice to me to be destroyed, in Jesus name.
- Father, LORD, this month of May, inspire me with the right thoughts, ideas, and imaginations that will bring clarity to what You are leading me to do. Connect me with the right persons through which what you are telling me will be confirmed and ascertained, in Jesus name.
- All through this month of May, I claim God’s peace, protection, and direction all around, in Jesus name.
- I decree today that my paths this month are ordered by the LORD. I am walking in His direction for my life. I am taking back whatever has been stolen from me in the past, in Jesus name.
God bless you.
NEW BOOKS ALERT
Listening Prayer: How to Know That Your Prayers Have Been Answered
In this latest masterpiece from bestselling author, Daniel Okpara, you’ll discover that most of your prayers have been answered. Most times what you need is to listen. That’s how to turn your prayer points into visible answers.
Listening in the place of prayer is the most powerful way to receive answers to your prayers.
You can move from debt to abundance supernaturally in the next thirty days or less.
Debt is something that seriously troubles the world. And Christians are also stumbling on it. Without help, debts can silently prevent anyone from fulfilling their God-given assignments.
Psalm 91: His Secret Place, His Shadow, and the Mystery of His Protection
Many Christians know and declare it for protection. However, the Psalm contains hidden messages that when understood makes it work, whether confessed or not.
This book exposes Psalm 91, with prayers and declarations that will bring you into a deeper understanding of the words of this Psalm, empower a better fellowship with God, and help you to walk in the reality of the promises therein.
As you are aware, the world is currently facing a standoff with a deadly infectious disease. Right now, there are over 1,000,000 reported cases globally in just 4 months, and over 100,000 fatalities.
Nothing has brought the world together and raised its fears as much as this deadly outbreak. If nothing is done, this could be the biggest threat the world is going to face.
But I bring you a message of hope.
This book will empower you to have faith and walk in God’s protection and healing
The second volume in the series, Give Orders to the Day (GOTTD), covering April to June, the second quarter of the year is now live on Amazon. These powerful teachings and daily prophetic declarations are designed to empower you to take charge of your day, encounter God in a powerful way, and experience daily breakthrough.
Give Orders to the Day (365 Days) April – June: Daily Meditations and Prophetic Declarations for All Round Victory, Protection, Healing, and Breakthrough (Daily Power Book 2).
Highly Recommended Books for This Season
5. Less Panic, More Hope – God’s Promises and Prayers Against Fear, Anxiety And Depression
6. Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
Other Helpful Selections
4. How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones.
5. Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing & Walk in Divine Health.
In these books, I bring different insights and testimonies from my walk with God showing you how to take authority against sickness and diseases and live a healthy life.
21 Days Fasting and Prayers Book for the Year
In the month of January, we did our usual 21 days fasting and prayers. Were you able to get my book, I WILL ARISE, and do the prayers?
If you did, great. If not, the good thing is that you can do the prayers any time, not only in January.
Get the book now and speak into the year non-stop for the next 21 days.
My Recent Books
1. 31 Days in the School of Faith: A Daily Meditations & Prophetic Declarations to Empower Your Faith and Release Your Breakthrough
2. 31 Days With the Holy Spirit: A Daily Meditations and Prayers to Learn More of the Holy Spirit, Connect More With Him, and Manifest His Presence and Gifts
3. 31 Days With The Heroes Of Faith: A Daily Meditations, Prayers & Declarations From Hebrews Chapter Eleven | Re-fire Your Faith, & Experience Breakthrough
4. 31 Days in the Parables: A Daily Instructions and Prayers from the Parables of Christ to Develop Deeper Spiritual Awareness, and Command Supernatural Help
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, Breakthrough Prayers Foundation.
Jesus Christ is the LORD.
My Latest Audiobooks
Deliverance by Fire: 21 Days of Intensive Word Immersion, and Fire Prayers for Total Healing, Deliverance, Breakthrough, and Divine Intervention.
This audiobook is a 21-day fasting and prayer guide for all-around deliverance and breakthroughs. These teachings and prayers will touch every aspect of your life and provoke great transformations. Your health will be restored. Your finances will be healed, and you will experience breakthroughs. You will find a job. Your home will experience a great spiritual transformation, and your marriage will be restored. You will experience great peace.
Command Your Money: Powerful Keys to Provoke Financial Breakthrough | 10 Simple Actions of Faith That Will Provoke Financial Breakthrough for Anyone in 30 Days or Less
Ten simple actions of faith that will provoke financial breakthrough for anyone in 30 days or less. No fluff, no long stories, practical and provoking biblical instructions for dealing with urgent money problems.
Are you currently embroiled in a financial situation? Do you need a breakthrough asap? Are you looking for simple-to-follow instructions that will trigger a financial breakthrough for you very quickly? Then get home tonight, close your door, and begin to apply these spiritual instructions, and you’ll see miracles happen in your finances asap. More importantly, you’ll have the wisdom to move forward financially.
All Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough
- Deliverance by Fire: 21 Days of Intensive Word Immersion, and Fire Prayers for Total Healing, Deliverance, Breakthrough, and Divine Intervention.
- Command Your Money: Powerful Keys to Provoke Financial Breakthrough | 10 Simple Actions of Faith That Will Provoke Financial Breakthrough for Anyone in 30 Days or Less