“Farmers who wait for perfect weather never plant. If they watch every cloud, they never harvest.” – Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NLV).
If there is one thing that God wants you to overcome this year, it is procrastination.
Procrastinating about anything is not wise especially when it becomes a habit. It starts off first by procrastinating about one thing, then it leads to procrastinating about other things.
When you know you have things to do, it’s best to organize yourself and make sure those things get done.
Let’s pray for help to overcome procrastination this year.
WAYS YOU CAN PROCRASTINATE.
- Because of fear we procrastinate about sharing our faith to people at work.
- Because of slothfulness you wait for the last moment to do something that needs to be done.
- We try to wait for the best time to do something rather than doing it now.
- God tells you to do something, but you delay and rationalize it.
- Delay in saying sorry and apologizing.
HOW TO OVERCOME PROCRASTINATION.
- Pray for God’s help. We all need help with procrastination.
- Realize that tomorrow does not exist. Today is the tomorrow you talked about yesterday. Every tomorrow ends up becoming another today.
- Stop being afraid of what people will say. You will never have a smooth ride to Canaan. No matter how you try to avoid failure, you will still fail at times. We all fail our way forward. No matter how you try to stay away from people’s comments, they will still talk.
- Realize that the perfect time never comes. Everything will never become perfect for you to start. Waiting for the perfect time equals waiting till eternity. You will never really know what you can do until you try.
- Stop worrying about things you don’t have. What you already have will create what you want – if you put them into use. God will use what you have, not what you don’t have
Don’t forget, what you cannot start, you cannot finish. You will never really know what you can do until you try. Waiting for the perfect time equals waiting till eternity.
SCRIPTURES FOR MEDITATION
Ephesians 5:15-17 – Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
Colossians 4:5 – Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time.
James 4:17 – Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.
John 9:4 – We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work.
PRAYER TO OVERCOME PROCRASTINATION
The entire teachings and prayers for the 21 days New Year Fasting is Culled from the book, PRAYERS FOR 2017. There are only few additions. It is highly recommended that you get the book, Prayers for the Year, 2017, from Amazon.