How to Use Praise in Spiritual Warfare (Praise Your Way Day 24)
And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the Lord, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the Lord; for his mercy endureth for ever.
And when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another. – 2 Chron 20:21-23
Each time I read this story, something tickles in my spirit.
A few Sundays ago in church, the LORD said to me, “Tell my people, as they praise me from their hearts, I raise them from their dusts.”
When you are overwhelmed by your battles, turn to praise.
How would Jehoshaphat, the king of small Judah, fight the army of three countries allied against him?
Analysts gave them away.
I believe that his close friends must have asked him to just call and surrender. But he sought God for direction and God said,
“Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you” (2 Chronicles 20:17).
Jehoshaphat was instructed to go to this battle with instruments and songs.
Now, how do you explain that to modern army generals?
I mean, there you have three nations coming in combat against you, well equipped. And instead of you either calling to negotiate a soft landing, or reaching out to other countries to form your allies, you go to the battle without bows, arrows, and guns, but with instruments singing praises and shouting Hallelujah?
That’s the highest level of craziness!
But you see, God uses the unwise things of this world to confound the wise.
“Continual heartfelt praise may look insignificant in the midst of so many issues and battles confronting you at the moment, but that is the weapon that confounds your enemy and gives you the victory you deserve.”
When the army of Jehoshaphat “began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten. For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, everyone helped to destroy another.”
O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
For the Lord most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth.
He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet.
He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency of Jacob whom he loved.
God is gone up with a shout, the Lord with the sound of a trumpet.
Sing praises to God, sing praises: sing praises unto our King, sing praises.
For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding – Psalm 47:1-7
Beloved, God says I should tell you to turn to praise. Stop crying and trying. Start praising and dancing. Take your mind away from the magnitude of your situation. Start worshipping from your heart. Go ahead and don’t stop. Your victory is certain.
O LORD, my God, the Father of our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ.
Today, I thank You for giving me authority over the power of the devil, to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt me
I thank You that whatever I bind here on earth is bound in heaven and whatever I loose is loosed in heaven.
I thank You for giving me power to cast out demons, to lay hands on the sick and get them healed in Jesus name.
I thank You that I shall decree a thing and it shall be established in heaven.
I thank You that the Blood of Jesus Christ is speaking better things in the spirit world for my household.
I thank You because You have not allowed evil weapons fashioned against me in the past to succeed. You have always frustrated the evil gatherings against my family and me, and have turned the curses and spells of the wicked against themselves. For this I say thank You LORD.
Thank You for enabling me to submit myself to Thee and to resist the devil. Thank You because You have not allowed the rod of the wicked to rest upon my lot.
Thank You LORD for causing the enemies that rise up against me to be smitten before my face. Thank You for scattering them in seven ways when they rose against me in one way.
I thank You LORD for I am born of You, I am Your child, I overcome the world and the darkness and darts of the enemy through my faith in Jesus Christ, in Jesus name.
How to Participate in the Praise Your Way
- Spend 30 (or more) minutes every day in personal praise and thanksgiving. Wake up in the middle of the night and sing and praise and worship God
- Write out all your prayer requests on a paper, every present challenge or issue that needs to be settled. But instead of begging, praise God. Wave the paper before God daily in praise and drop it to the ground and dance over them.
- Pray for others. Spend 10 (or more) minutes every day to pray for others.
- No matter how pressing your personal needs are, take your eyes away from them, only praise God and intercede for others
- Whatever can inspire praise and worship in you, involve in it this month – get songs, sing, dance, worship, etc.
- Be very very watchful. God will speak to you and give you strange ideas and directions this period. Write down every new thought and revelation that God brings to your heart or through a vision or dream
- Share your praise report. Share your testimonies
- Get these recommended books: Praise Warfare and 28 Days of Praise Challenge. Get the books and any other material that will inspire your praise this month.
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough