Christians of different denominations argue about the Christmas celebration.
Well, I don’t want to get into these arguments.
We know that Christ was born, that is the key.
Yes, we don’t know the exact date. But we generally accept that He was indeed born.
If you don’t believe in celebrating Christmas, that’s okay. But if you do believe, well, that’s okay too, provided we do not go about it the way the world and unbelievers go about it.
In this reflection, I’d like to share with you six creative ways you should celebrate the birth of Christ
I’m sure you have a lot planned out already. And that’s great.
It is the will of God for us to be joyful and celebrate.
However, beyond the gifts, visitations, shopping, and decorations, let us ensure that this season is maximally invested for the LORD.
If Christ is the reason for the season, then our activities and lives must reflect His commandments.
6 Creative and Spiritual Ways to Celebrate Christmas
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” – John 3:16
There are many things we normally do as part of ways to celebrate Christmas, some of them are:
- Sharing and giving gifts
- Visiting and vacationing
- Traveling and reuniting with family (No thanks to Covid-19, this may not be done as before)
- Attending all kinds of events or even hosting some
These are all excellent ways to celebrate the season. But I’d like to call your attention to a few spiritually smart, creative, and enriching things you can add to your celebration as well.
1. Believe in Jesus Christ
First things first.
Jesus Christ, the reason for the celebration season, came to the world to save us from sin and satan.
So if we are not saved from sin, celebrating Christmas ends up becoming just a ritual.
Reflect upon this:
- How’s your faith in Christ standing?
- Have you received Him into Your heart by believing and confessing His Lordship?
- Have you been consistent with your spiritual commitments all this while?
Jesus wants to have a relationship with you forever and ever, and not just this season. Let this season be an opportunity for reflection and renewal of your commitment to follow Christ.
2. Experience the Power of Contentment
“…godliness with contentment is great gain” (1 Timothy 6:6).
Let us not fall into the trap of comparing ourselves with others. The Bible says that when we do that, we are not acting in wisdom (2 Corinthians 10:12).
Our society lives in a constant state of discontentment. We’re not happy with our leaders, with our spouse, our children, or the things that we have.
- Our house is too small,
- Our TV is old
- Our smartphone doesn’t have the latest 6G technology.
- How are we going to get the latest iPhone?
- The curtains need to be changed
- Money is not enough
We’re in an endless circle of wants.
Unfortunately, even if we end up crossing everything on the shopping list, it still doesn’t guarantee fulfillment. It’s only a matter of days before we want more things.
Many of us are trying to fill a void of some kind in our lives with things that can’t satisfy. We look to fill the void with vacations, events, possessions, or money. We try to fill it with relationships or sex. Sadly, we only end up wanting more. We end up feeling even more empty than when we started.
We need to realize that true happiness, joy, and contentment isn’t found in things, people, or circumstances. It can only be learned in our convictions that Christ’s power, purpose, and provision is sufficient for every circumstance.
We have to choose to rest on God’s good promises, refuse to compare ourselves with others and appreciate God for who we are, what we are and what we have.
3. Personal Health Improvement Challenge
As I said in my book, How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness, “God wants us to be healed and live a healthy life. But it’s not good that we should be the ones creating our health problems through some bad health habits. We must prayerfully surrender any negative health habit that we discover in our lives to the LORD and seek His wisdom to overcome them.”
Google bad health habits and you’d be surprised at what you’ll see. These are things we easily ignore and say, “It doesn’t matter.” However, when they are repeated over and over, such that they become habits, they could become detrimental to our health, either now or later.
One thing you can do this season is to give yourself a personal health improvement challenge. Decide to make some changes to your eating, drinking, and other habits and improve your health. This is the will of God for you.
4. Make Peace
It’s the Christmas season.
There is joy in the air.
The birds are singing.
It’s a season of peace.
So “Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor, animosity, resentment, strife, fault-finding, and slander be put away from you, along with every kind of malice, all spitefulness, verbal abuse, malevolence.”
Let us “be kind and helpful to one another, tender-hearted, compassionate, understanding, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ also forgave us” (Ephesians 4:31-32 – AMP).
Let us “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord” (Hebrews 12:14)
Forgive those who have hurt you in the past and pray for them. Not because they have repented, but because your sincere forgiveness of them will release you from their enclosure and the power of the devil, and command God’s healing and restoration in your life.
Make a conscious effort to make peace in your home and your relationships this season. Let the Lord guide you and His grace and power will bring you great joy and celebration.
5. Give Yourself a Break from Social Media
This is a tall order. And yes, I don’t really mean it.
I just wanted to call your attention to social media and its impact on your spiritual life and relationship with God.
As we celebrate Christ this season, we need to be a bit creative.
No doubt, social media is advancing our lives in many positive ways. Unfortunately, it also presents its own distractions and dangers.
Apart from the addiction of social media, it also exposes us to filthy, graphic, and unwholesome content, and is now one of the biggest time wasters. I realized social media drained a lot from me and shifted my mind to many unnecessary issues. So I began praying in earnest for grace to regulate my usage of it.
That’s the point.
Is social media adding to you or taking from you?
This season offers you the opportunity to personally review how far you’ve done with social media.
So yes! In addition to how you would normally celebrate Christmas, this season should be an opportunity for spiritual renewal and encounter with the person of the season.
6. Join Me in a Season of Intercession
I believe staying in the mood of prayer all through this month is one of the best ways you can make this period your best.
I will be having 21 days of prayers for families this December. Join me on the Facebook live audio broadcast to pray for your family for 21 days.
Please click on the flyer for information and kindly share.
And know the right time to join
Something good is on your way
Prayers to Command the Month of December
- Heavenly Father, I thank You for this month of December. Thank You for Your hand of protection upon my life and family from January until this day, in Jesus name.
- Father, thank You for sending Jesus Christ for the salvation of humanity. How great is The Love that You made manifest in Christ to reconcile us to Yourself. Thank You for this revelation in Jesus name.
- Today, O LORD, I join the hosts of heaven to sing and praise You for the manifold mystery of Your love and mercy towards us, in Jesus name.
- Father LORD, I surrender this month to Thee. Guide me in all my ways in Jesus name.
- O LORD, make my life an example to others this month. Empower me by Your Spirit to live and walk in Your will this month, in Jesus name.
- O LORD, I come before You this day, for myself, for my family, and for my country. I confess that we have missed the essence of celebrating Christmas. We have turned this season into a season of immorality, drunkenness, and gluttony. We have taken away the Message from the season and turned it into satanic claptrap.
LORD, I ask for forgiveness for myself, my family, and my country. Let Your mercy prevail over us in Jesus name.
- LORD Jesus, as we celebrate this season, help me to come closer to YOU more and more, every day, both now and forever, in Jesus name.
- O LORD, open the eyes of all members of my family to draw closer to YOU this month and this season, and lead them into a personal relationship and encounter with the Holy Spirit, in Jesus name.
- I pray O LORD, may our lives bring You only Glory all through this month and all through this Christmas season, in Jesus name.
- O LORD, baptize us with supernatural joy and contentment that as we share in the songs of the angels, the delight of the shepherds, and the fervor of the wise men, our happiness will not be based on physical things and possesssions, but on Your Love, in Jesus name.
- Father, this month and this season, close the doors of hate and open the doors of love all over the world. Cause the message of Christ’s birth to bring salvation in the hearts of men, across the World. Let this season come with the unquestionable revelation of YOUR love in my heart and the hearts of all the members of my family, in Jesus name.
- May every plan of the devil for my family, my neighborhood, and my country during this season, be destroyed, in Jesus name.
- I decree that our going out shall be a blessing and our coming back shall be a blessing, in Jesus name.
- O LORD, deliver us from evil, by the blessing that Christ brings, and teach us to celebrate and be merry with reverence to YOUR name, in Jesus name.
- May the Christmas morning make us happy to be saved and be thy children, And the Christmas evening bring us to our bed with grateful thoughts, forgiving and being forgiven, for Jesus sake, in Jesus name.
- Thank You once again LORD for all the good works You are doing in my life, in Jesus name.
God bless you
Latest Book Releases
Finally, Everything You Need to Know About Demons, What They Are, How They Operate, Demonic Possession, Demonic Oppression, and How to Cast Out Demons and Obtain Deliverance for Yourself and for Your Loved Ones.
When it comes to the subject of demons, Christians fall into two equal and opposite extremes.
The first extreme is believing that demons don’t exist or that they don’t have any power at all. While the second extreme is believing too much in them and attributing every problem in life to them.
We need a balance between these two extremes, and this book provides the right balance needed to deal with demons, overcome them, and live a victorious life.
In this Bible study, you will learn what demons are, their origins, their names, operations, and how to deal with them.
Command the Day, the Week, the Month, and the Year!
Build your life in God’s presence every day. Grow in His Word and win the battles that confront you in trickles.
This book is a 365 days powerful daily inspiration and prayers to keep you in God’s word, in prayers, and in victory all through the year.
The teachings, prayers, and prophetic declarations are short but deep enough to take you through God’s word like never before, help you hear God’s voice, and command supernatural manifestations in your life and family every day.
If you desire to draw close to God daily, grow in prayers, and live a victorious life, then this book is for you.
New Audio Books Released
Thanks to my narrators, if you love audiobooks, you can get some of my audio prayer books on Audible (owned by Amazon).
Here are the latest additions:
a. Psalm 91: His Secret Place, His Shadow, and the Mystery of His Protection
b. None of These Diseases: A Reassuring Faith in God’s Protection and Prayers to Walk in Divine Health
e. 31 Days With the Holy Spirit: A Daily Meditations and Prayers to Learn More of the Holy Spirit, Connect More With Him, and Manifest His Presence and Gifts
f. 31 Days in the School of Faith: A Daily Meditations & Prophetic Declarations to Empower Your Faith and Release Your Breakthrough
NEW BOOKS ALERT
Released only a few days ago, and now number one in Spiritual Warfare on Amazon, this book exposes obnoxious spiritual strategies of the devil against many Christians, such as…
=> What is witchcraft?
=> How do I know if my problems are a result of witchcraft attacks?
=> What is household witchcraft?
=> How do I deal with nightmares and evil dreams?
=> How do I deal with witchcraft in the church?
=> How do I recognize evil covenants and stop them from my life?
=> What is the spirit of jezebel, how does it work, and how do I pray against it?
=> Powerful Prayers to stop all forms of witchcraft.
=> And many more secrets.
If you are looking for a balanced biblical understanding of what witchcraft means and how to pray and obtain deliverance and breakthrough, this manual is your key.
7 Days Financial Breakthrough Prayers: Simple Prayers, Declarations, and Instructions to Attract and Manifest Financial Breakthrough
Prophetic Declarations, Prayers, and Instructions that Removes Obstacles, Opens Uncommon Doors, and Attracts Favor and Financial Breakthrough – As Quickly As Possible.
This book is not your regular prayer book. This is a compendium of supernatural bullets that will command strange interventions in your life and open unexpected doors for you financially.
Pray with this book for seven days and command the doors of money, favor, wisdom, ideas, and unlimited breakthrough to open.
In the week that we had this program on my Facebook daily broadcast, the power of God was released in the lives of hundreds of members and listeners. We had great testimonies and divine interventions that produced mysterious connections, open doors, debt cancellations, new jobs, new ideas, and new business startups.
31 Days of Gratitude Challenge: Fight off Anxiety and Depression; Win Your Spiritual Warfare and Command Your Breakthrough With the Power of Praise.
Intentional Gratitude and Praying for Others Will Change Your Life Forever.
Release the power of gratitude right now for total victory and all-around restoration.
Can you praise God 31 minutes a day for 31 days?
That’s the deal:
Don’t pray for your personal needs for the next thirty-one days. Just wake up every night and praise God for thirty-one minutes, and do it nonstop for the next thirty-one days.
Can you do that?
By This Time Tomorrow: Uncommon Faith-Filled Words and Prophetic Declarations That Will Change Your Life Forever
Powerful faith-filled words and declarations that cast out demons, stop the mouths of lions, level mountains, stop storms, raise back to life dead dreams, open doors of favor, and trigger your creativity.
There are angels waiting to listen to what you say this moment and go to work on your behalf. Make what you say from now something big and blessed for you
Listening Prayer: How to Know That Your Prayers Have Been Answered
In this latest masterpiece from bestselling author, Daniel Okpara, you’ll discover that most of your prayers have been answered. Most times what you need is to listen. That’s how to turn your prayer points into visible answers.
Listening in the place of prayer is the most powerful way to receive answers to your prayers.
You can move from debt to abundance supernaturally in the next thirty days or less.
Debt is something that seriously troubles the world. And Christians are also stumbling on it. Without help, debts can silently prevent anyone from fulfilling their God-given assignments.
Psalm 91: His Secret Place, His Shadow, and the Mystery of His Protection
Many Christians know and declare it for protection. However, the Psalm contains hidden messages that when understood makes it work, whether confessed or not.
This book exposes Psalm 91, with prayers and declarations that will bring you into a deeper understanding of the words of this Psalm, empower a better fellowship with God, and help you to walk in the reality of the promises therein.
As you are aware, the world is currently facing a standoff with a deadly infectious disease. Right now, there are over 1,000,000 reported cases globally in just 4 months, and over 100,000 fatalities.
Nothing has brought the world together and raised its fears as much as this deadly outbreak. If nothing is done, this could be the biggest threat the world is going to face.
But I bring you a message of hope.
This book will empower you to have faith and walk in God’s protection and healing
The second volume in the series, Give Orders to the Day (GOTTD), covering April to June, the second quarter of the year is now live on Amazon. These powerful teachings and daily prophetic declarations are designed to empower you to take charge of your day, encounter God in a powerful way, and experience daily breakthrough.
Give Orders to the Day (365 Days) April – June: Daily Meditations and Prophetic Declarations for All Round Victory, Protection, Healing, and Breakthrough (Daily Power Book 2).
Highly Recommended Books for This Season
5. Less Panic, More Hope – God’s Promises and Prayers Against Fear, Anxiety And Depression
6. Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
Other Helpful Selections
4. How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones.
5. Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing & Walk in Divine Health.
In these books, I bring different insights and testimonies from my walk with God showing you how to take authority against sickness and diseases and live a healthy life.
21 Days Fasting and Prayers Book for the Year
In the month of January, we did our usual 21 days fasting and prayers. Were you able to get my book, I WILL ARISE, and do the prayers?
If you did, great. If not, the good thing is that you can do the prayers any time, not only in January.
Get the book now and speak into the year non-stop for the next 21 days.
My Recent Books
1. 31 Days in the School of Faith: A Daily Meditations & Prophetic Declarations to Empower Your Faith and Release Your Breakthrough
2. 31 Days With the Holy Spirit: A Daily Meditations and Prayers to Learn More of the Holy Spirit, Connect More With Him, and Manifest His Presence and Gifts
3. 31 Days With The Heroes Of Faith: A Daily Meditations, Prayers & Declarations From Hebrews Chapter Eleven | Re-fire Your Faith, & Experience Breakthrough
4. 31 Days in the Parables: A Daily Instructions and Prayers from the Parables of Christ to Develop Deeper Spiritual Awareness, and Command Supernatural Help
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, Breakthrough Prayers Foundation.
Jesus Christ is the LORD.
My Latest Audiobooks
None of These Diseases: A Reassuring Faith in God’s Protection, Plus Prayers to Walk in Divine Health.
Scriptures and Prayers for God’s Protection.
As you are aware, the world is currently facing a standoff with a deadly infectious disease. Right now, there are over 100,000 reported cases globally in just 4 months, and over 4,000 fatalities.
Nothing has brought the world together and raised its fears as much as this deadly outbreak. If nothing is done, this could be the biggest threat the world is going to face.
But I bring you a message of hope.
Deliverance by Fire: 21 Days of Intensive Word Immersion, and Fire Prayers for Total Healing, Deliverance, Breakthrough, and Divine Intervention.
This audiobook is a 21-day fasting and prayer guide for all-around deliverance and breakthroughs. These teachings and prayers will touch every aspect of your life and provoke great transformations. Your health will be restored. Your finances will be healed, and you will experience breakthroughs. You will find a job. Your home will experience a great spiritual transformation, and your marriage will be restored. You will experience great peace.
Command Your Money: Powerful Keys to Provoke Financial Breakthrough | 10 Simple Actions of Faith That Will Provoke Financial Breakthrough for Anyone in 30 Days or Less
Ten simple actions of faith that will provoke financial breakthrough for anyone in 30 days or less. No fluff, no long stories, practical and provoking biblical instructions for dealing with urgent money problems.
Are you currently embroiled in a financial situation? Do you need a breakthrough asap? Are you looking for simple-to-follow instructions that will trigger a financial breakthrough for you very quickly? Then get home tonight, close your door, and begin to apply these spiritual instructions, and you’ll see miracles happen in your finances asap. More importantly, you’ll have the wisdom to move forward financially.
All Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough
- Deliverance by Fire: 21 Days of Intensive Word Immersion, and Fire Prayers for Total Healing, Deliverance, Breakthrough, and Divine Intervention.
- Command Your Money: Powerful Keys to Provoke Financial Breakthrough | 10 Simple Actions of Faith That Will Provoke Financial Breakthrough for Anyone in 30 Days or Less