Welcome to February.
Two are better than one. So, in this second month, may you experience increased strength and greater acceleration. You will be two times better, stronger, and healthier. You will see amazing results in your labor, and the month shall be filled with testimonies for you, in Jesus name.
There are two things the Lord is instructing me to do this February and I want to talk to you about it. This post will talk about the first instruction, while I will message you again next week with the second instruction.
Are you ready?
Instruction #1: Surrender the hurts and accept God’s healing.
Are you currently nursing some hurts in your heart right now? God says it’s time to surrender the hurts to Him and move on to the next phase of your life.
About two years ago, I had a very big crisis that affected my health, and almost put our ministry at risk of humiliation. I look back today and still wonder how everything didn’t get out of hand then.
Indeed, even when we let go of God’s hand, He never let go of ours.
I found out that some persons I trusted so much had been taking advantage of my trust and working against me and the ministry. It was the biggest shock of my life. I couldn’t believe what was happening. It was hard-hitting considering that the persons involved were my most trusted allies and co-laborers. I felt betrayed and was devastated.
Betrayal is one of the worse things that can happen to anyone. It comes with feelings of disappointment, sorrow, and sometimes depression.
I fought all manner of negative emotions when that incident came to my knowledge. I fought with the feelings of vengeance, sadness, sorrow, and misery. And to be honest, I still feel horrible today when I remember what happened.
Yes, I’m getting healed, but the process has been long and hard. And that’s what I want to talk to you about today. Or better put, that’s what God wants me to talk to you about today.
- How do you get over the feelings of pain when a spouse leaves you alone to cater for the kids while they go about enjoying their lives?
- How do you handle the hurts you feel about not being treated right even though you gave your best?
- How do you deal with the pains caused you by others who felt you can’t do anything?
- How do you move on from a failed relationship where you tried to make things work but were disappointed by your supposed partner’s lies and tendencies?
- How do you give love when and where you were given hate?
- How do you love those who betrayed you?
- How do you love a spouse who cheated on you many times and disrespected your marriage vows?
- How do you love business partners who deceived you and took advantage of your humbleness for their gains?
- How do you love friends who slept with your spouse?
- How do you love brothers who sold you into slavery?
I preach love and forgiveness, and many times it sounds very sweet in my mouth. But what happened to me in 2020 taught me that it’s not as easy as it sounds during preaching. That was when it dawned on me that there are times that forgiveness is not easy. Even when you forgive, the different pictures of the negative events may continue to replay in your subconscious mind. So, how do you find healing from the hurts and truly move on?
1. Acknowledge Your Suffering
This is the first thing I learned. I had thought I was a very strong-minded person with thick skin. I thought because of the way I preached, things will not easily affect my feelings. Not until the situation involved the closest persons in my life. That was when I knew that I, too, was vulnerable. I became fully aware that it’s indeed not by power or by might.
The first lesson God taught me during that painful moment is to acknowledge my pains. Jesus said, “Come to me all you that labour and heavy laden, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28).”
Don’t try to hide your pains or how you feel. Don’t try to form a strong spiritual person. No one is actually strong. We are all vulnerable. It’s only by grace that we are what we are and will be what we will be. So, tell God you are suffering and that you need Him to help you and give you rest.
Fasting is great, but I doubt that’s what you need when you are feeling very hurt. I know because the first thing I did when I found out about the deception and betrayal was to embark on a three-day fast. Unfortunately, after that, I found out that I didn’t get better. It seemed that I got worse because more revelations of big cover-ups came to light.
Don’t try to hide the pains you feel with some sweet, motivating, positive confessions. Come to God as you are and tell Him how you feel. Be real with Him.
2. Ask God for Grace and Power to Forgive
As I said above, it’s all by grace that we live and have our beings. Forgiving people who deliberately and insistently hurt you is very difficult, especially if these people were close to you and you trusted them. There will be countless times you’ll feel vengeful. You’ll want to prove that you’re not a fool. But God’s Word restrains us from taking vengeance. And not just that, the Word also asks us to forgive. How do we do that?
Ask God for grace and help. Some prayer points I found very helpful during that lowest moment in my life are:
- O Lord, I want to love like You. Help me to love and forgive as You did.
- Lord, my feelings are telling me to revenge. My feelings are telling me to fight back. And yes, Lord, I really want to fight back. I do feel I should not just take all the rubbish.
- But Lord, I still want to obey Your Word.
- I know that my feelings can be wrong, but Your Word is always right. Therefore, Lord, help me to forgive and love. I don’t know how it will be done, but I am trusting You to help me, in Jesus name. Amen.
Continue to ask God for grace to forgive and love. Tell Him that You are finding it difficult, but You are willing to stick with His Word.
3. Believe that Something Good Will Come Out In the End
I believe that Joseph could not fathom how slavery and imprisonment were part of the process of fulfilling the vision of greatness God gave him. But in God’s agenda, the entire trial, although carried out by satan, ended up bringing God’s plan to pass.
God always uses Satan’s so-called smartness and attacks to establish His glory and bring about His promises. So yes, something good will come out of whatever negative situation you find yourself in right now.
Yes, you may know how it will happen. You may not see where everything is taking you to. You may not even understand the whole mess. You may feel very confused, feel like taking a break from these church things and all that.
You may be counting your losses and shame. Yes. But one thing is certain: something good will come out of the situation. Your power will be made out of the pain. Painful stories produce powerful men. That is what the Word of God says, and that is how it will be.
4. Don’t Blame Yourself Too Much
During that crisis in my life, I blamed myself so much until I perceived God saying to me, “Don’t blame yourself too much for another person’s wickedness.”
The people who hurt others will often attempt to blame their victims. For instance, a cheating spouse will say things like, “You were not there when I needed you.” A stealing business partner will say, “I needed money to complete my rent. You did not support me when I asked for your help.”
But learn to quit blaming yourself for another person’s foolishness. Stop the self-blame. And instead, ask God to teach you deep truths about the hearts of humans.
5. Give Yourself Time to Heal
I used to teach something called, “Forgive, and forget.”
But I found out during my crisis moment that they are two different things. While the Bible commands us to forgive, it didn’t say to forget. Why?
Here’s the thing: Forgiving someone does not immediately take away the pain you feel. And just because you feel hurt and pained and sometimes remember and talk about what happened does not mean you haven’t forgiven.
Forgiveness is a decision. Forgetting is a process.
Forgiving is instant. Forgetting takes time.
If we decide not to forgive, the hurt is like an open, festering wound, which is very difficult to heal. But when we decide to forgive, the hurt is cleaned up, and the healing process begins.
So, while God says you should forgive, you should give yourself time to heal. That you still feel some pains does not mean something is wrong with you. Continue to cry out to God from your heart for healing. It may take some time, but certainly, you’ll be healed and strengthened. And you’ll become better and better.
6. Ask for Counsel, But Don’t Follow Every Advise
Yes, the Bible says that in the multitude of counsels there is safety (Proverbs 11:14). And you should speak to people who can counsel you. But beware of the final advice you chose to follow. Why?
In my case, for example, I cried out to several counsellors and experts and received different kinds of suggestions of what to do. And these suggestions seemed like the perfect thing to do in all the books. But as I prayed and listened to my heart, I sensed that what these experts were saying was not what I should do. I saw in my spirit God asking me to follow a different direction.
Sometimes, the spirit of lies and deception can use experts to get to us. Not because they do not know what they are saying, but because at the particular time, their counsel is not the will of God for the situation at hand. You’ll need a lot of humility and patience to see through the Holy Spirit what should be done. But the Holy Spirit will counsel you for certain.
Today, I am challenging you to accept God’s gift of love and extend it to those who may have hurt you in one way or the other. It is not going to be easy but pray that God’s Spirit will shed the love of God in your heart. Pray the following prayers:
Prayers to Command the Month
- Heavenly Father, I thank You for the month of February. Thank You for the gift of life, health, and food. Be glorified forever and ever, in Jesus name.
- Father, may Your love overshadow my fears, blames, weaknesses, and anxieties this month, in Jesus name.
- Through Your Holy Spirit, Father, make me a better person. En-grace me to love and help me to be fully surrendered to Your purpose this month, in Jesus name.
- This month, I chose love and forgiveness; I chose freedom and health; and I chose to leave vengeance to God in all circumstances, in Jesus name.
- Father, I ask You for grace to walk in love and forgiveness all the days of my life. Help me to love like you and to forgive like you. While I know that this may not be easy for me, Lord, I acknowledge the fact that it is possible, in Jesus name.
- I pray today, O Lord, remind me if there is anyone I need to forgive in my past and move on, and also help me to forgive anyone who offends me in the future, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, forgive me for all the times I surrendered my mind to evil thoughts and my tongue to evil declarations. Forgive me for all the times I tried to seek revenge in my own ways. Forgive me, Lord, for all the times I lied, gossiped, and rehearsed ceaselessly in my mind what was said or done to me, in Jesus name.
- Today, Holy Spirit, help me to be a medium through which God’s kind of love and forgiveness is seen in the world, in my home and in my community, in Jesus name.
- Father, help me to be more patient with my spouse, with my children, and with others. Help me to be more tolerant, and help me to be more kind, even in the midst of hatred, in Jesus name.
- Holy Spirit, help all of me to forgive people who have hurt me and heal my emotions that have been wounded. Teach me, Lord, how to love unconditionally, and remind me every day to use Your power on the inside of me to draw on Your help, comfort and peace at all times. Help me to forget the past so that I can move forward to the future as I press toward the mark of my higher calling in Christ Jesus, in Jesus name.
- Father, Lord, I ask for forgiveness of all the damaging and hurtful words I have spoken about myself in the past. I do not want to continue to abuse, deride and debase myself in such a way again. Renew my thoughts and help me to understand and appreciate that You have made me in Your image and likeness. Empower my attitudes and habits henceforth, so that I use my tongue to speak faith, hope, love and favour upon my life, even in the midst of tribulations, in Jesus name.
- Today, I speak to the root of anger, bitterness, and unforgiveness in my spirit to be destroyed, in Jesus name.
- Father, restore to me whatever has been damaged in my life and family as a result of bitterness, anger, and unforgiveness in the past, in Jesus name.
- Heal me O Lord, and I shall be healed. Restore me O Lord, and I shall be restored. Empower me LORD, and I shall be empowered, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, help me to love even my enemies and give me the grace to help them when they are in need, in Jesus name.
- Father, through your love, You gave us your Son, who died for us, even while we were still sinners. O Lord, grant me the spirit of giving, cause me to be a giver at all times, in Jesus name.
Thank You, Lord, for Your help, healing, restoration and breakthrough that is reaching my spirit, soul, and body this month, in Jesus name
Books That Will Change Your Life
Finally, Everything You Need to Know About Demons, What They Are, How They Operate, Demonic Possession, Demonic Oppression, and How to Cast Out Demons and Obtain Deliverance for Yourself and for Your Loved Ones.
We need a balance between these two extremes, and this book provides the right balance needed to deal with demons, overcome them, and live a victorious life.
In this Bible study, you will learn what demons are, their origins, their names, operations, and how to deal with them.
Command the Day, the Week, the Month, and the Year!
This book is a 365 days powerful daily inspiration and prayers to keep you in God’s word, in prayers, and in victory all through the year.
The teachings, prayers, and prophetic declarations are short but deep enough to take you through God’s word like never before, help you hear God’s voice, and command supernatural manifestations in your life and family every day.
New Audio Books Released
Thanks to my narrators, if you love audiobooks, you can get some of my audio prayer books on Audible (owned by Amazon).
Here are the latest additions:
a. Psalm 91: His Secret Place, His Shadow, and the Mystery of His Protection
b. None of These Diseases: A Reassuring Faith in God’s Protection and Prayers to Walk in Divine Health
e. 31 Days With the Holy Spirit: A Daily Meditations and Prayers to Learn More of the Holy Spirit, Connect More With Him, and Manifest His Presence and Gifts
f. 31 Days in the School of Faith: A Daily Meditations & Prophetic Declarations to Empower Your Faith and Release Your Breakthrough
NEW BOOKS ALERT
This book exposes the obnoxious spiritual strategies of the devil against many Christians, such as…
=> What is witchcraft?
=> How do I know if my problems are a result of witchcraft attacks?
=> What is household witchcraft?
=> How do I deal with nightmares and evil dreams?
=> How do I deal with witchcraft in the church?
=> How do I recognize evil covenants and stop them from my life?
=> What is the spirit of jezebel, how does it work, and how do I pray against it?
=> Powerful Prayers to stop all forms of witchcraft.
=> And many more secrets.
If you are looking for a balanced biblical understanding of what witchcraft means and how to pray and obtain deliverance and breakthrough, this manual is your key.
7 Days Financial Breakthrough Prayers: Simple Prayers, Declarations, and Instructions to Attract and Manifest Financial Breakthrough
Prophetic Declarations, Prayers, and Instructions that Removes Obstacles, Opens Uncommon Doors, and Attracts Favor and Financial Breakthrough – As Quickly As Possible.
This book is not your regular prayer book. This is a compendium of supernatural bullets that will command strange interventions in your life and open unexpected doors for you financially.
Pray with this book for seven days and command the doors of money, favor, wisdom, ideas, and unlimited breakthrough to open.
In the week that we had this program on my Facebook daily broadcast, the power of God was released in the lives of hundreds of members and listeners. We had great testimonies and divine interventions that produced mysterious connections, open doors, debt cancellations, new jobs, new ideas, and new business startups.
31 Days of Gratitude Challenge: Fight off Anxiety and Depression; Win Your Spiritual Warfare and Command Your Breakthrough With the Power of Praise.
Intentional Gratitude and Praying for Others Will Change Your Life Forever.
Release the power of gratitude right now for total victory and all-around restoration.
Can you praise God 31 minutes a day for 31 days?
That’s the deal:
Don’t pray for your personal needs for the next thirty-one days. Just wake up every night and praise God for thirty-one minutes, and do it nonstop for the next thirty-one days.
Can you do that?
By This Time Tomorrow: Uncommon Faith-Filled Words and Prophetic Declarations That Will Change Your Life Forever
Powerful faith-filled words and declarations that cast out demons, stop the mouths of lions, level mountains, stop storms, raise back to life dead dreams, open doors of favor, and trigger your creativity.
There are angels waiting to listen to what you say this moment and go to work on your behalf. Make what you say from now something big and blessed for you
Listening Prayer: How to Know That Your Prayers Have Been Answered
In this latest masterpiece from bestselling author, Daniel Okpara, you’ll discover that most of your prayers have been answered. Most times what you need is to listen. That’s how to turn your prayer points into visible answers.
Listening in the place of prayer is the most powerful way to receive answers to your prayers.
You can move from debt to abundance supernaturally in the next thirty days or less.
Debt is something that seriously troubles the world. And Christians are also stumbling on it. Without help, debts can silently prevent anyone from fulfilling their God-given assignments.
Psalm 91: His Secret Place, His Shadow, and the Mystery of His Protection
Many Christians know and declare it for protection. However, the Psalm contains hidden messages that when understood makes it work, whether confessed or not.
This book exposes Psalm 91, with prayers and declarations that will bring you into a deeper understanding of the words of this Psalm, empower a better fellowship with God, and help you to walk in the reality of the promises therein.
As you are aware, the world is currently facing a standoff with a deadly infectious disease. Right now, there are over 1,000,000 reported cases globally in just 4 months, and over 100,000 fatalities.
Nothing has brought the world together and raised its fears as much as this deadly outbreak. If nothing is done, this could be the biggest threat the world is going to face.
But I bring you a message of hope.
This book will empower you to have faith and walk in God’s protection and healing
The second volume in the series, Give Orders to the Day (GOTTD), covering April to June, the second quarter of the year is now live on Amazon. These powerful teachings and daily prophetic declarations are designed to empower you to take charge of your day, encounter God in a powerful way, and experience daily breakthrough.
Give Orders to the Day (365 Days) April – June: Daily Meditations and Prophetic Declarations for All Round Victory, Protection, Healing, and Breakthrough (Daily Power Book 2).
Highly Recommended Books for This Season
5. Less Panic, More Hope – God’s Promises and Prayers Against Fear, Anxiety And Depression
6. Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
Other Helpful Selections
4. How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones.
5. Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing & Walk in Divine Health.
In these books, I bring different insights and testimonies from my walk with God showing you how to take authority against sickness and diseases and live a healthy life.
My Recent Books
1. 31 Days in the School of Faith: A Daily Meditations & Prophetic Declarations to Empower Your Faith and Release Your Breakthrough
2. 31 Days With the Holy Spirit: A Daily Meditations and Prayers to Learn More of the Holy Spirit, Connect More With Him, and Manifest His Presence and Gifts
3. 31 Days With The Heroes Of Faith: A Daily Meditations, Prayers & Declarations From Hebrews Chapter Eleven | Re-fire Your Faith, & Experience Breakthrough
4. 31 Days in the Parables: A Daily Instructions and Prayers from the Parables of Christ to Develop Deeper Spiritual Awareness, and Command Supernatural Help
None of These Diseases: A Reassuring Faith in God’s Protection, Plus Prayers to Walk in Divine Health.
Scriptures and Prayers for God’s Protection.
As you are aware, the world is currently facing a standoff with a deadly infectious disease. Right now, there are over 100,000 reported cases globally in just 4 months, and over 4,000 fatalities.
Nothing has brought the world together and raised its fears as much as this deadly outbreak. If nothing is done, this could be the biggest threat the world is going to face.
But I bring you a message of hope.
Deliverance by Fire: 21 Days of Intensive Word Immersion, and Fire Prayers for Total Healing, Deliverance, Breakthrough, and Divine Intervention.
This audiobook is a 21-day fasting and prayer guide for all-around deliverance and breakthroughs. These teachings and prayers will touch every aspect of your life and provoke great transformations. Your health will be restored. Your finances will be healed, and you will experience breakthroughs. You will find a job. Your home will experience a great spiritual transformation, and your marriage will be restored. You will experience great peace.
Command Your Money: Powerful Keys to Provoke Financial Breakthrough | 10 Simple Actions of Faith That Will Provoke Financial Breakthrough for Anyone in 30 Days or Less
Ten simple actions of faith that will provoke financial breakthrough for anyone in 30 days or less. No fluff, no long stories, practical and provoking biblical instructions for dealing with urgent money problems.
Are you currently embroiled in a financial situation? Do you need a breakthrough asap? Are you looking for simple-to-follow instructions that will trigger a financial breakthrough for you very quickly? Then get home tonight, close your door, and begin to apply these spiritual instructions, and you’ll see miracles happen in your finances asap. More importantly, you’ll have the wisdom to move forward financially.
All Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough
- Deliverance by Fire: 21 Days of Intensive Word Immersion, and Fire Prayers for Total Healing, Deliverance, Breakthrough, and Divine Intervention.
- Command Your Money: Powerful Keys to Provoke Financial Breakthrough | 10 Simple Actions of Faith That Will Provoke Financial Breakthrough for Anyone in 30 Days or Less