Scripture of the Month
Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.
2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
4 Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee. – Isaiah 60:1-5
Welcome to the month of April.
We continue to praise God for His goodness in our lives.
Always remember this:
We are confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in us will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:6)
In the Month of March, our focus was on Exercising Your Spiritual Authority: Commanding your Blessings.
Over a five-week teaching and prayer direction we covered the following:
- Prayers to Command the Month
- Prayers to Command Your Finances
- Prayers to Command Your Marriage
- Prayers to Deal With the Spirit of Witchcraft
- Prayers to Deal with Satanic Delay and Denial
I noticed that the Prayers to deal with the spirit of witchcraft generated the highest interest, with dozens of readers requesting for personal prayers, further counseling, and so on.
The truth is that the spirit of witchcraft has invaded our world. Many individuals, homes, businesses, marriages, and families are victims of the operation of one form of witchcraft or the other.
We actually need to learn more how witchcraft works and how to obtain deliverance from witchcraft manipulations. Hopefully, in a month or two, we can dedicate some time to discuss extensively on deliverance and freedom from demonic problems.
- Like Us on Facebook
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group
- Submit a Prayer Request
- Pray for Others
- Also, share this post.
Prophetic Focus for the Month of April
So what is the Spirit of God inspiring us to focus on this month of April?
Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.
For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. – Isaiah 60:1-3
As you know, the whole world has just remembered the death and resurrection of our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ. In fact, I am writing and publishing this article on Easter Monday, 2018.
So still fresh in our hearts are the services, egg hunts, reunions and all the preachings for the Easter season.
Let me say here that Easter celebration is not about a mood or all the various activities that we use to solemnize the season. It’s about a great story, sorry, the greatest story in the world.
I probably will not be writing this if not for Easter.
Jesus Christ came to the world, died for our sins and resurrected on the third day. His death and resurrection grants us access to God. Through it, we obtain salvation and can now be called the children of the Most High God. Through it we have hope of eternal life with God.
In the spirit of Easter, therefore, this month is declared: The Month of Resurrection.
Our teachings, prayers, study, and declarations will focus on activating the power of His resurrection in all aspects of our lives.
- Yes, because He is risen, we are rising from the dark also.
- Because He is risen, we are coming out of every grave
- The stone could not hold Him captive; so also, every evil stone rolled against our manifestation, will be rolled away by the power of God, in Jesus name.
- Whatever is suffering, about to die, or already dead in our lives is coming back to life in Jesus name
- This month, there will be strange healings, restorations, and supernatural change of stories, in Jesus name.
The resurrection of Jesus Christ was by the supernatural power of God.
I’m very convinced in my spirit that just as we can’t explain the mystery of His resurrection, so also we can’t explain His visitation in our lives this month.
Be alert in the spirit. Your story will change by the supernatural power of God. You will experience an unusual supernatural visitation from God.
Stand up and make these declarations right now…
In this season and month of resurrection,
I will arise and shine, for my light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon me.
Even where darkness prevail and gross darkness the people, the LORD Jesus Christ shall arise upon me, and His Glory shall be seen in my life and family.
People will see the Goodness of God in my life and family and praise God with me.
The Gentiles and the nations shall come to my light, and kings to the brightness of my rising.
In Jesus name
2 Lessons from the Resurrection of Christ
Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. 2 And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. 3 His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. 4 And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men.
5 But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. 7 And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you.”
8 So they went out quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to bring His disciples word. – Matthew 28:1-8
1. No Matter How Bad Things Are, It’s Not Over
Look at that story. Read that again.
Ok, now read verse 8 again.
Before this day, that’s on Friday, these women were sad and hopeless. It seemed that after all the excitement, miracles and great expectations, that the end had finally come.
The Bible says, “And many women who followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to Him, were there looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee’s sons (Matthew 27: 55-56)
On Friday, these women were looking from afar, probably thinking, “Hey, it’s all over.” But on Sunday, “They were filled with joy.”
The Bible says:
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. (Psalm 30:5)
The resurrection shows us that no matter how bad things might look right now, God has the power to change us, and our circumstances. No matter what the devil and his demons does, God is in control and as we continue to pray, praise, command, and look up to Him, we can be assured that He will arrange the end for our good.
You can boldly stand and tell the devil, “Hey, it’s not over. Today may be Friday, but Sunday’s coming.”
2. God Will Keep His Word No Matter What
The devil thought that by killing Jesus, He could frustrate God’s plan of salvation. But in the end, his desperation fulfilled God’s plan rather than frustrate it.
The resurrection of Christ is also an assurance to us that God will always watch over His Word to bring it to pass, no matter what. No matter how desperate the devil becomes, no matter how he manipulates people and events to try to create frustration, in the end, God’s promise will stand.
Psalm 119:89 – Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven.
Isaiah 51:6 – “Lift up your eyes to the sky, Then look to the earth beneath; For the sky will vanish like smoke, And the earth will wear out like a garment And its inhabitants will die in like manner, But My salvation will be forever, And My righteousness will not wane.
Isaiah 55:11 – So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
Matthew 5:18 – For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
Mark 13:31 – Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.
Is there a promise you’re holding onto and the more you try to stand, the more things are getting bad?
Well, keep standing!
God will watch over His Words to bring them to pass.
Many years ago, He said He will not let the Messiah see corruption in the grave (Psalm 16:10). When the time came, irrespective of how the devil fortified the grave and kept demonic guards there, the Messiah rose.
You, too, will rise this season, in Jesus name.
Powerful Prayers to Command the Month of April
- Heavenly Father, I thank You for the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I thank You for keeping Your Word and frustrating the enemy, thereby bringing us Salvation, and making us Your children through the Blood of Jesus Christ. Be praised forever and ever, in Jesus name.
- “Thank You for sending your Son to earth as a baby so many years ago. Thank You that He paid the punishment for my sins by dying on the cross. And thank you that He rose again to prove that death was truly defeated. In Jesus name
- LORD Jesus Christ, how wonderful, how marvelous is Your love! To think that You were willing to go through that for me! You arose in victory, joy, liberation, and freedom from the hands of evil men, never to have to go through that again – and You did it all to spare us the same. Now we can say with the apostle Paul, “O death, where is your sting? grave, where is your victory?” (1 Corinthians 15:55-57).
- O LORD, as I reflect on the pain that You suffered and how it resulted in such a tremendous victory, it fills me with wonder and gives me hope and peace. Surely, Your love will see me through whatever troubles may come my way, from now till eternity! In Jesus name.
- LORD Jesus, as we remember and celebrate YOUR death and resurrection, I once again declare that I place my trust in You to be my Savior. Guide me through the dark times of my life and give me the courage to live for You all the days of my life, in Jesus name.
- I pray today LORD Jesus Christ, may the remembrance of Your resurrection bring a new hope to my existence. May Your victory over earthly death turn my eyes away from my troubles to Thy unchanging promises. May the empty tomb help me to leave my sorrows at the foot of the cross, so that God’s hope, promises and forgiveness reigns supreme in my life, forever and ever, in Jesus name.
- Heavenly Father, may Your tender love be poured in my heart, so that I can pour this love out to others. May the Holy Spirit blow through my every word, action, and thought from this day forward, and transform me on the inside so that each day I become more and more like our risen Lord and Savior, in Jesus name.
- I pray today LORD, let Thy angels roll away every evil stone the enemy has rolled against me, against my family, against my relationship, and against my ministry, preventing me from experiencing Your power of manifestation, in Jesus name.
- This month O LORD, let the resurrection power begin to quicken, restore, and revive every aspect of my life that the enemy has hurt or damaged in the past, in Jesus name.
- Father, LORD, I present my family members, my neighbors and my country before THEE. Cause thy Light to shine in their hearts and bring them unto salvation. I pray that YOUR Spirit will arrest our political leaders and cause them lead according to YOUR will and purpose, in Jesus name.
- Today, I stand in the victory of Christ’s death and resurrection and rebuke satan over my life, family, and neighborhood. I decree that every work of satan in my life, family be destroyed henceforth, in Jesus name.
- “I proclaim that Jesus Christ is the LORD and Savior of my LIFE. HE is the LORD and Savior of my family. He is the LORD and Savior of this nation, in Jesus name.