(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. – Romans 4:17
The term “calleth those things which be not as though they were” is expressed several ways in various translations:
- Calls into existence the things that do not exist” (ESV),
- Calls into being that which does not exist” (NASB),
- Summons the things that do not yet exist as though they already do” (NET).
- Creates new things out of nothing (NLT)
- Speaks of future events with as much certainty as though they were already past (TLB).
If God were to appear to you physically today, be assured that He will not address you as:
- “Hey! You poor, sick, helpless, tormented fellow. You have no hope.”
Instead, He’ll likely say to you:
- “You great man/woman of God…
- “You mighty man/woman of valor…
- “You deliverer of the people
- “You are highly favored…
- “You are healed…
Why will God not address you based on your present circumstances? Why will he not call you by what is happening to you at the moment, that is, as the world sees you?
Well, that’s because He sees you in His perspective, not in the world’s perspective.
God called Abraham a father of nations when he didn’t even have a child of his own. Abraham wondered, “Sir, I don’t even have a son. So how’s that?”
That’s the same way we are wondering today. We say things like:
- God says I’m healed by the stripes of Jesus, but I’m here, very sick.
- He says I’m rich and that I have all my needs met, but I’m in debt. I don’t even have a job. My business is not working…
- He says that I am strong like an eagle, but I’m very weak, emotionally and physically.
- What’s all this?
Well, you see, in God’s perspective, we’re not all those things our circumstances say we are. We’re not some helpless, weak, sick, poor, confused people. We are a people mighty upon the earth, empowered to rule and dominate.
So in concluding this prayer retreat and consecration call, I’d like to challenge you to call forth God’s plans and promises for your life into existence. Come before God in high praise and decree His words over your life and family.
Are there areas of your life where you are experiencing attacks? Today, decree deliverance.
Is anyone among you and your loved ones sick? Come before God tonight and begin to decree healing and divine health.
Are you in debt? Do you need a breakthrough in career and business? Come in prayer tonight and decree supernatural deliverance and advancemmment.
What are your earnest expectations and desires? Write them down tonight and begin to decree their existence.
God calls things that are not in existence into existence with His Words. He calls things that are not as though they are. And you know what? We are made in God’s image, to have dominion, replenish, be fruitful and multiply (Genesis 1:26).
The first assignment man executed involved using his mouth to decree and state how things on earth should run? The Bible says that “God formed every beast of the field and every fowl of the air, and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them; and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.” – Genesis 2:19
This means that whether the man God made would have dominion or not depends on what he said with his mouth. Fortunately, this plan has not changed. Whether you will have dominion, replenish and be fruitful or not depends on the words you speak into your life and environment.
Some people say things like…
- “But if I say that I’m healed when I’m sick, am I not lying?”
- “If I say that I’m doing great when things are messed up, is that not deceit?”
- “If I say that God is at work in my life when I can’t feel it or see any proof, is that not crazy?”
The short answer is no, you’re not lying, you’re not in deceit, and you’re not crazy.
When we speak positive words to ourselves and to others, based on God’s promises, we are not denying reality. Instead, we are confronting the facts with faith.
Our confessions of faith are the supernatural seeds of change and deliverance. They provoke God’s power in our lives, and all that concerns us. The Scripture affirms:
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue and those who love it will eat the fruit of it” – Prov. 18:21
“By thy words, thou shalt be justified, and by thy words, thou shalt be condemned.” – Matt. 12:37
“Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.” – Job 22:28
“Give orders to the morning and speak to the dawn what it will yield. Then you will take the earth by its edges and shake the wicked out of it” (Job 38:12-13 – Paraphrased).
- Proverbs 15
- Matthew 12: 31-38
- O Lord, I ask for forgiveness from all negative words, evil statements, fearful and faithless assertions that have ever proceeded out of my mouth, which is now creating barriers and spiritual judgments for me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- By the blood of Jesus Christ, I receive total healing and deliverance from all negative consequences of my words, in Jesus name.
- Father Lord, I pray, let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight this year, in Jesus name (Psalm 19:14).
- In the name of Jesus Christ, I receive grace to keep my tongue from speaking evil and my lips from telling lies this year (Psalm 34:13).
- O Lord, set a guard over my mouth and keep watch over the door of my lips, in Jesus name (Psalm 141:3).
- This year, my tongue will only give wise advise, and bring healing to myself and to all who listen to me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I acknowledge myself as a messenger of grace, encouragement and healing this year. May my words reflect these virtues in Jesus name (Proverbs 16:24).
- O Lord, help me to see myself in your perspective and not from the standpoint of the world or from the viewpoint of my circumstances.
- I command myself not to be hasty with words this year. Holy Spirit, I ask that You always remind me when I am about to fall short of this commitment, and enable me to choose that which pleases the Lord always, in Jesus name
- Today, I decree that light will shine on my ways all through this year, in Jesus name.
- I decree that people’s opinions and experts’ analyses will not control my thoughts and judgments about my life from now onwards, in Jesus name.
- I am a child of God, created in the image of God, to have dominion, replenish, and be fruitful. That is exactly what I’m having all through this year, in Jesus name.
- As the heavens are far above the earth, so are God’s ways far above our ways. I decree today that everything that was planned for my hurt is turning for my testimony from this day forward, in Jesus name.
- Go ahead and begin to make specific Bible-based declarations and call forth your expectations into existence this year, in Jesus name.
- Thank You, Lord, for the victory that I have from this day forward, in Jesus name.
Here comes the end of the ten-day Vessel unto honor prayers. If these prayers have blessed you, please drop a comment below.
As you pray and draw closer to God, expect a great turnaround this year, in Jesus name.
Today’s Recommended Books
Give Orders to the Day: Daily (Devptional) Meditations and Prophetic Declarations for All Round Victory, Protection, Healing, and Breakthrough
Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
Less Panic, More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health.
By His Stripes: God’s Promises and Prayers for Healing
Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life. Learn over 7 different ways that God is speaking to you with real-life case studies and exercises to get you to hear the voice of God in your daily life.
How to Participate in the Vessel of Honor Prayers
- The goal of this ten-day prayer is for us to consecrate ourselves to the Lord towards the year. It is our start of the year prayers for this year.
- Fasting is not necessarily required unless you want to.
- Wake up every night, any time between the hours of 12 midnight to 5 am, and spend at least one hour in God’s presence.
- Read the Bible and meditate on God’s Word
- Before you pray, spend time to sing and worship God and draw closer to Him in songs.
- As you pray and wait on the Lord, take note of whatever revelation He brings to your heart or in a dream, and turn them into prayer.
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Jesus Christ is the LORD.
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough