Vessel of Honor Prayers (Day 2): Choose to Be a Vessel of Honor
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor.
Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. – 2 Timothy 2:20-21
Once again, welcome to our ten days vessel unto Honor prayer retreat. As I said ealier, the purpose of this prayer retreat is to challenge us to consecrate ourselves to the Lord and let the Holy Spirit purge us of anything dishonorable in our lives.
We do not need to look far to see that teachings of holiness, consecration and purity are very scarce in the Church today. They have been replaced with motivational talks and demon hunting. Unfortunately, the more motivational we become and hunt after demons, the more powerless we seem to appear.
We need to start re-teaching the Church that God is Holy, and desires us to be holy.
Nevertheless, the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” – 2 Timothy 2:19
Trying to use the name of the Lord to drive out demons and solve our problems without striving to depart from iniquity is like trying to use God as our employee. That’s the reason we are mesmerized by demons and appear so powerless in the world today.
Don’t treat God as your employee – someone you employed and need Him to help you build your company. He is the owner and employer. Let Him lead and provide the instructions for building your life (which He made and created).
When God is in charge, your arrival is guaranteed.
Chose to Be a Vessel of Honor
As Paul counseled Timothy:
“In a great house, there are many vessels. There are vessels of gold, silver, wood and clay; some for honor and some for dishonor.”
To become a vessel of honor he says,
“If anyone cleanses himself…he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.”
We can choose to become vessels of honor or dishonor. If we want to become vessels of honor, we must purge ourselves of things that brings dishonor. The instruction is straightforward. There’s no in-between there.
I believe as the Lord putin my heart that… “Many times the devil is not our problem; when we are purged in God’s presence, witches and witchcraft activities cannot stand us in any way.”
So let us come before God in humility and plead with the Holy Spirit to purge us with His fire. When we are immersed in His presence, victory is certain. When we are purified of all things that are dishonorable, then we are confident of God’s power being revealed in our lives and families in the most powerful ways.
Say with me:
“Dear Heavenly Father, I chose to be a vessel of honor from now onwards. Show me everything in me that brings dishonor and empower me by the Holy Spirit to purge myself of them this year, in the name of Jesus Christ.”
Catch the Little Foxes
“The little foxes are ruining the vineyards. Catch them, for the grapes are all in blossom. – Song of Solomon 2:15 (TLB)
The context of this verse is a poetic picture of love in a marriage composed by a woman as she looks forward to her approaching wedding. She realized that there were little things which could spoil her relationship and destroy her marriage. She called these little things foxes.
Foxes are small carnivorous animals that can cause damages bigger than their sizes. They are in the dog family and usually look beautiful in the eyes. Unfortunately, they can’t be pets because they are considered wild.
In the same way, some beautiful foxes can sneak in and spoil our lives. Sometimes, they are already in our lives or around us and are working to destroy us. Hence our prayer focus today is this:
“O Lord, open my eyes to see and understand every little fox in my life that is working with the devil to frustrate Your plans and purposes for my life. Empower me by the Holy Spirit to kill these little foxes forever, in Jesus name.”
Sometimes the little foxes in our lives are easily spotted. They may be things like:
- Inner lusts (sexual or material),
- Inner quarrels (self-pity and self-condemnation),
- Fear (inability to believe God for one’s life),
- Inner rejection of God’s Word,
- Quarreling with other Christians (1 Corinthians 3:1-3),
- Bitterness and unforgiveness,
- Unholy talks every day (Colossians 3:8),
- Soul ties
- An emotional connection to the demonic
- Drunkenness and drugs,
Other times the little foxes are perfectly hidden. Only through intensive prayers can we know what they are and surrender them to the Lord. So come before God tonight and pray for revelation and grace to uproot the little foxes from your life. These little foxes will not have dominion over your life in any way this year.
How to Participate in This Prayer Move
- Fasting is not necessarily required unless you want to.
- Wake up every night, any time between the hours of 12 midnight to 5 am, and spend at least one hour in God’s presence.
- Read the Bible and meditate on God’s Word
- Before you pray, spend time to sing and worship God and draw closer to Him in songs.
- As you pray and wait on the Lord, take note of whatever revelation He brings to your heart or in a dream, and turn them into prayer.
Scriptures for Meditation
- Galatians 5: 16-26
- 2Timothy 2:1-26
- Romans 6:12-18
- Worship God in His Holiness. Use songs of praise and thanksgiving to enter into His gates
- Invite the Holy Spirit to empower your prayers and consecration tonight
- Tell God that you chose to be a vessel of honor this year and beyond
- Ask God to open your eyes and your heart to see and understand what represents little foxes in your life
- Pray that these little foxes, known or unknown, be uprooted permanently in Jesus name.
- Pray that you will walk in the spirit and no longer fulfil the lusts of the flesh in Jesus name.
- Pray that all the works of the flesh as mentioned in Galatians 5: 19-21 be destroyed in your life
- Tell God that you want to walk in the fruit of the Spirit as mentioned in Galatians 5:22-26
- Pray against the root of impure thoughts in your life and command them to be roasted by the fire of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray that God will enable you to be focused in His service and look unto Jesus throughout this year, in Jesus name.
God bless you.
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Jesus Christ is the LORD.
New Book Alert: Give Orders to Your Day
I want to inform you of my new daily prophetic declarations book released a few days ago on Amazon. Click the link below to download the book and if you have the time, leave me a review. Remember, buying our books helps us to reach out to more people for Jesus Christ.
Link: Give Orders to the Day: Daily Meditations and Prophetic Declarations for All Round Victory, Protection, Healing, and Breakthrough
A udio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough