Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left. – Isaiah 30:21
We live in a generation where Christians seems to be getting more confused. Everyone is looking for who will help them reach out to God and get some answers from Him. The people who should be light to the world are wallowing more in darkness. This is so sad. Solomon calls it an error in his words of wisdom.
There is an evil which I have seen under the sun, as an error which proceedeth from the ruler: Folly is set in great dignity, and the rich sit in low place. I have seen servants upon horses, and princes walking as servants upon the earth. – Ecclesiastes 10:5-8
Many times I ask myself: “why does it seem like believers are looking more frustrated?”
It seems that the more they pray and bind the devil, the more the devil torments them, and the more they look forsaken?
I’m sure I’m not the only one who has been tempted to ask such questions. Fortunately, each time I’ve been tempted to think this way, one scripture that always pops up in my innermost being is Isaiah 42:19-22. Please read it carefully because that’s where we want to pray from tonight.
19 Who is blind but My servant, or deaf as My messenger whom I send? Who is blind as he who is perfect, and blind as the Lord’s servant?
20 Seeing many things, but you do not observe; opening the ears, but he does not hear.”
21 The Lord is well pleased for His righteousness’ sake; He will exalt the law and make it honorable.
22 But this is a people robbed and plundered; all of them are snared in holes, and they are hidden in prison houses; they are for prey, and no one delivers; for plunder, and no one says, “Restore!” – Isaiah 42: 19-22
Look at verse 20. That’s the same way of saying, “we have eyes, but do not see, and ears but do not hear.” As a result, we are trapped, robbed and plundered, and no one is able to pray for restoration successfully.
Now notice that Isaiah was not addressing the Gentiles over there. He was talking to God’s people. That is, we – me and you – children of God. He is saying that we are trapped and robbed without anyone able to say restore (that is, able to pray for change to happen) because we are seeing many things, and hearing many things, but we are not paying attention.
God is saying that He knows we are earnestly praying for things to change. We are claiming restoration and fasting for it, making prophetic declarations and commanding the day. He knows all that. But we’re not paying attention to things He is showing us and telling us. Hence, after all our efforts, we’re still where we are, stuck and helpless.
Tonight, we’re going to pray and say,
“Lord, Give me an eye that sees and an ear that hears. All through this year, Lord, help me to know when You are speaking to me and to discern what you are telling me to do. I don’t want to live my life this year caring less of Your purpose and directions for my life.”
Learning to Fight Your Battles With Revelation
A few days ago, a brother shared with me his agonizing experiences with God. In his exact words, “God has not been fair to me. Everything he said to me, He has not kept them.”
When I hear agonizing stories like that, I’m worried. It makes me very sad. It makes me always ask, “Lord, what’s happening?”
“Can you share some of the things God said to you,” I asked.
“Yes,” he said.
Then he went on to share with me many prophecies people gave him over the years, and how these prophecies have not happened. He told me how these are respected men and women of God and he’s now wondering why God has not kept His word.
“Wow,” I said. “But has God spoken to you regarding this project since all these years? Apart from the prophecies others gave you, what is God saying to you personally?”
He paused for a moment, and after about five minutes, he said, “To be honest, I can’t lay hold of any word that I can say this is what God told me. Everything he told me has been the ones I heard through people.”
There lies the problem, people.
We should not leave our salvation, peace, and deliverance in the hands of others. We should not leave hearing from God about our lives in the hands of others.
The Lord says, “I will teach you and guide you in the way you should live. I will watch over you and be your guide. Don’t be like a stupid horse or mule that will not come to you unless you put a bit in its mouth and pull it with reins.” – Psalm 32:8-9 (ERV)
The greatest key to receiving answers to prayers is learning what the LORD is saying and obeying it. This is what I am challenging you to do tonight…
Ask God for an eye that sees and an ear that hears. Pray that you will learn to perceive God’s leadings this year. And if there are specific situations in your life that you want to see their end this year, instead of just commanding and fasting, start asking, “Lord, what are You saying about this situation?”
There are many battles we’re going through today, and praying earnestly for deliverance, and things are just not changing because God is speaking to us in some way, but we’re not listening, or we do not understand what He is telling us to do. We’re praying, commanding, declaring and even fasting but we’re not making progress, either because we’re not listening to what God is saying, or we just want God to do what we are saying. As a result, we’re stuck where we are, and things continue to get more and more chaotic.
God wants to break every form of darkness away from you and give you victory. However, you need to listen and let Him instruct your heart on the way to go. That’s where the answers to your prayers are hidden. Start learning to fight your battles with a revelation from God to you. You will never lose.
Scriptures for Meditation
- Psalm 23: 1-6
- John 10, 14 and 16
- Ask God to forgive you in any way you have not paid attention to His guidance over the years, regarding your life, family, and career.
- Ask Him to be your Shepherd this year and beyond (Read Psalm 23)
- Pray that God will deliver you from your human made plans and make you inclined to His own plans for your life, in Jesus name
- Ask the Holy Spirit to remind you instructions you have missed which is causing any setback for you in any way. Pray for grace to realign yourself to God’s will for your life
- Decree that this year, you will trust God and acknowledge Him in all your ways, and He will guide you (Proverbs 3:5-6, Psalm 32:8)
- Command every root of pride and disobedience to be uprooted from your life.
- Pray that from today, as you read the Word, hear the word and meditate, that God will give you specific instructions and directions regarding the issues you are praying about. That you will find the light on what to do because His Word is a lamp to your feet and a light to your path. (Psalm 119:105).
- Bind the spirit of confusion. Pray that you will no longer be confused as to discerning the voice and leadings of God on a daily basis.
- Tell God that you desire to be in His will from now onwards. Ask Him to use the circumstances of your life to work out His purpose in your life
- Decree that because you are following Christ, you will not walk in darkness. (John 8:12).
- Decree that you will not follow strange voices this year, and that God is the One who is working in you to desire His will and act according to what He purposes for you, in Jesus name. (Philippians 2:13)
- Bring all your goals to the Lord and ask Him to take control and guide you in all of them, in Jesus name.
God bless you.
These books will teach you more on divine direction:
Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life. Learn over 7 different ways that God is speaking to you with real-life case studies and exercises to get you to hear the voice of God in your daily life.
How to Participate in This Prayer Move
- Fasting is not necessarily required unless you want to.
- Wake up every night, any time between the hours of 12 midnight to 5 am, and spend at least one hour in God’s presence.
- Read the Bible and meditate on God’s Word
- Before you pray, spend time to sing and worship God and draw closer to Him in songs.
- As you pray and wait on the Lord, take note of whatever revelation He brings to your heart or in a dream, and turn them into prayer.
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Jesus Christ is the LORD.
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough