Vessel of Honor Prayers (Day 5): The Path to Happiness
If you get rid of unfair practices, quit blaming victims; quit gossiping about other people’s sins. If you are generous with the hungry and start giving yourselves to the down-and-out, your lives will begin to glow in the darkness, your shadowed lives will be bathed in sunlight.
I will always show you where to go. I’ll give you a full life in the emptiest of places—firm muscles, strong bones. You’ll be like a well-watered garden, a gurgling spring that never runs dry.
You’ll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew, rebuild the foundations from out of your past. You’ll be known as those who can fix anything, restore old ruins, rebuild and renovate, make the community livable again. – Isaiah 58:9-12 (MSG)
Let’s start today’s prayer call by sharing the following quotes:
- “No one is useless in this world who lightens the load of someone else.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “I don’t know what your destiny will be, but, I do know that the only ones among you who will be really happy, are those who have sought and found how to serve.” – Albert Sweitzer
- “The happiest people are not always the most successful people but are those who found how to serve the best.’ – John Maxwell
- “Everyone can be great because everybody can serve.” – Martin Luther King
- “If you will help other people get what they want, then you will receive everything you want in life.” – Zig Zigglar
- “The blessed life is the life that serves and lightens the burdens of others, not the one with the greatest possessions” – Daniel Okpara
We may not all be pastors and ministers from the pulpit, but God has called us to serve in different capacities. He has called us to serve others with our skills, time and finances. So our consecration is not complete until we are reminded of our divine responsibilities to others.
God has called us to be examples, not in the way we accumulate wealth, but in the way we serve and help others.
“Let me tell you why you are here. You’re here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You’ve lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage.
“Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.” – Matthew 5:13-16 (MSG)
Did you notice there that Jesus compared our lives to how it speaks to others? If people are going to have a good view of God, then our lives are what they will use as a yardstick.
The Christian life is one consecrated to God for the service of others. Some people may never read the Bible, but they will learn from our lives who Christ is. Let us, therefore, pray today that God will grace us so that we will be His witness by the way we live and serve this year.
The Path to Living a Happy Life
In his 2019 New Year message, Dr. John Maxwell says that the only way we can make the year our best year is by serving others. He went on to counsel that this is something we need to consciously choose, not something we should want to do when it is convenient, because “if we will be a bridge to help others grow, then we will get walked on.” He then lists his five principles of intentional service, which are:
- Don’t rely on your position or title
- Choose to believe in people and their potential
- Try to see things from the perspective of other people
- Choose to create an environment of encouragement every day
- Measure your success by how much value you add to others
The Apostle Paul said, “Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don’t be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.” (Philippians 2:4 – MSG)
- Philippians 2
- 1 Peter 4:9-11
- Matthew 20:26-28
- Matthew 25:35-40
- John 13:12-17
- Pray that all through this year and beyond God will enable you to see people from His perspective.
- Pray for grace to be more forgiving this year
- Pray for wisdom to relate with difficult people that you will encounter going forward
- Ask God to provide you with opportunities to be a blessing to others this year.
- Pray that your life will be an example to others this year
- Ask God to use your skills for His glory this year
- Pray that through you your home and the members of your family will see Christ and that His peace and glory will be revealed in your family in a very special way this year
- Pray for the mind of Christ
- Ask God for the Baptism of the spirit of humility and service.
- Pray, say, “O Lord, make me an instrument of encouragement to others throughout this year, in Jesus name.”
- Pray, “O Lord, empower me to focus on Christ while I serve, and not on the actions and reactions of men.”
- Pray, “Lord Jesus Christ, I want to be a better ambassador of your kingdom this year. Uproot from me everything that is struggling with my submission and obedience.”
- Pray more as you are led.
God bless you.
These books will teach you more on divine direction:
Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life. Learn over 7 different ways that God is speaking to you with real-life case studies and exercises to get you to hear the voice of God in your daily life.
How to Participate in the Vessel of Honor Prayers
- The goal of this ten-day prayer is for us to consecrate ourselves to the Lord towards the year, 2019. It is our start of the year prayers for this year.
- Fasting is not necessarily required unless you want to.
- Wake up every night, any time between the hours of 12 midnight to 5 am, and spend at least one hour in God’s presence.
- Read the Bible and meditate on God’s Word
- Before you pray, spend time to sing and worship God and draw closer to Him in songs.
- As you pray and wait on the Lord, take note of whatever revelation He brings to your heart or in a dream, and turn them into prayer.
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Jesus Christ is the LORD.
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough