Vessel of Honor Prayers (Day 6): Fighting for the Weak
“The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped.” – Proverbs 11:25 (MSG)
Yesterday, we talked about consecrating ourselves, our time and our skills for the service of others. We’re taking the prayers further today. Here are some additional scriptures to read and meditate on:
Psalm 82:3-4: “Give justice to the poor and the orphan; uphold the rights of the oppressed and the destitute. Rescue the poor and helpless; deliver them from the grasp of evil people (NLT).
Proverbs 31:8-9: Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice (NLT).
Isaiah 1:17: Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows (NLT).
Proverbs 24:11-12: Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to die; save them as they stagger to their death. Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.” For God understands all hearts, and he sees you. He who guards your soul knows you knew. He will repay all people as their actions deserve (NLT).
As you can see from these scriptures, God has a call for everyone.
You may not be a pastor, evangelist, apostle, teacher, or prophet. But certainly, you can fight for the weak and oppressed. And you have many great ways to do that.
As I stated yesterday, the Christian life is one consecrated to God for the service of others. When we intentionally start fighting for the cause of others, we find the joy and blessedness of true living.
Look at this story:
9 So David and his 600 men set out, and they came to the brook Besor. 10 But 200 of the men were too exhausted to cross the brook, so David continued the pursuit with 400 men.
11 Along the way they found an Egyptian man in a field and brought him to David. They gave him some bread to eat and water to drink. 12 They also gave him part of a fig cake and two clusters of raisins, for he hadn’t had anything to eat or drink for three days and nights. Before long his strength returned.
13 “To whom do you belong, and where do you come from?” David asked him.
“I am an Egyptian—the slave of an Amalekite,” he replied. “My master abandoned me three days ago because I was sick. 14 We were on our way back from raiding the Kerethites in the Negev, the territory of Judah, and the land of Caleb, and we had just burned Ziklag.”
15 “Will you lead me to this band of raiders?” David asked.
The young man replied, “If you take an oath in God’s name that you will not kill me or give me back to my master, then I will guide you to them.”
16 So he led David to them, and they found the Amalekites spread out across the fields, eating and drinking and dancing with joy because of the vast amount of plunder they had taken from the Philistines and the land of Judah. 17 David and his men rushed in among them and slaughtered them throughout that night and the entire next day until evening. None of the Amalekites escaped except 400 young men who fled on camels. 18 David got back everything the Amalekites had taken, and he rescued his two wives. – 1 Samuel 30:9-18 (NLT)
Here was David and about four hundred men – battle ready, determined to crush the enemy. They were after the Amalekites who had kidnapped their women and children and plundered their land. The urgency of their assignment was enormous. If they didn’t catch up with the enemies quickly, they may marry off their wives or harm their children. It was a war. So they didn’t need to waste a single minute on frivolities.
However, notice that despite the urgency of their chase, they gave a moment to help a deprived, sick, and abandoned fellow. They stopped and cared. Eventually, it was that fellow who guided and helped them to their victory and recovering what the enemy had stolen from them.
There’s a lot to take away from this story:
- Don’t ignore the weak.
- Give care and help the best way you can.
- Helping others is part of spiritual warfare
- Caring and helping the weak open great doors of miracle, restoration, and victory for us. It can make difficult things easier.
Every time we show concern and make out time to care for the weak among us, or in the society, we are practising true Christianity (James 1:27).
Today, God is reminding us that He has called us to be a blessing to the poor, the sick, the helpless, the deprived and the weak around us. As we consecrate ourselves to this call and apply ourselves to it the best way we can this year, God’s power will be made available for our total restoration and victory over the enemy.
Here’s the thing:
Don’t wait until you have all your prayers and all your needs met before you lend a hand to the weak.
Even in your own plenty of needs and seemingly unanswered prayers, step out and strengthen others. God will cause you to find a way and be strengthened as well.
How to Pray Today
Tonight’s prayer will be focused on praying for the salvation and healing of others. You need to go to God in humility and sincerely pray for persons in your neighbourhood or community that need Jesus and healing.
This is not a call to some random, general prayers of, “LORD, save these people.” No. We’re going to list names of persons on paper and pray for their genuine salvation or healing.
- Luke 11:5-10
- Luke 10:25-37
- Matthew 25:35-40
- Acts 10: 38
- Before praying tonight, make a list of people who need Christ in your family, office and neighbourhood, and another list of persons who need healing.
- Ask God to make a way for you to bless and help others this year, so much that souls will be won to the Lord through your devotion.
- Pray for the names in your list. In the blank spaces below, input the names of the people you are praying for. Pray like this:
- O LORD, I Thank You because You do not want me, my family, my children and these people I have here on my list to perish. Thank You LORD because You want us all to be saved. This is the assurance I have in YOU that as I pray, I receive answers, in Jesus name.
- Today, O LORD, I declare that these ones shall be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth in Christ Jesus. Let Your power of salvation visit them, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- O Lord, I ask that out of Your unlimited resources You will empower ——————– with the inner strength to accept Jesus as their LORD and Savior. Cause …………………………. to be planted deep in the Love of Christ and comprehend with all of God’s people the extravagant dimensions of Your love, in Jesus name.
- I come against the spirit of rebellion in the life of —————-in Jesus name. I cast out every spirit of stubbornness; I command all anti-salvation spirits to be drowned in the abyss in the Mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Satan, lose your grips on —————————- right now in Jesus name.
- Jesus sets you —————— free; you are therefore free indeed. You are no longer under the influence of Satan and sin. In Jesus name.
- Wherever you are ———————– Receive encounter with Jesus right now. Because you ——————- are connected to me, and I believe in Christ and His Love, you are saved from sin to serve the living God through Christ Jesus, in Jesus name.
(In the blank spaces, fill in the names of the persons you are praying for)
- “Heavenly Father, it is Your will to heal us. It is Your will for us to walk in divine health.
The price for our healing has been paid on the cross by Your Son, Jesus Christ.
So Father, as I pray for………………………………..this day, I am confident that Your healing power will be made manifest for their healing and deliverance from the sickness and pain, in Jesus name.
- By the Blood of Jesus, I claim forgiveness from any sin and disobedience that has brought or empowered this sickness to operate in the life of
———————-in Jesus name.
- LORD, You forgive our sins and heal our diseases. Therefore I ask for forgiveness and total healing of this sickness in the life of———————in Jesus name.
- Every spirit that has caused this illness in —————————– I command you to get out of his body and be drowned in the abyss in Jesus name.
- Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. The bodies of ………………….. are the temples of the Holy Spirit.
Therefore, every spirit of defilement in ——————, I cast you out right now. This body is not your home. I command you to go into the abyss in Jesus name.
- As I anoint this body, I command a total restoration of health ———–be healed in Jesus name.
- Dear LORD, carry out a Holy Ghost surgery in ………………………..body right now and bring him total healing, in Jesus name
- Precious Holy Spirit, move into the body of ………………………….and restore every strength and health, In Jesus name.
- I decree that ——————- will prosper and be in good health, even as the soul prospers in the Lord, in Jesus name.
- Thank You Jesus for healing ………………………….and causing him to walk in divine health. Your work is permanent. Everything you do is perfect, in Jesus name I pray.
Today’s Recommended Books
By His Stripes: God’s Promises and Prayers for Healing
Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life. Learn over 7 different ways that God is speaking to you with real-life case studies and exercises to get you to hear the voice of God in your daily life.
How to Participate in the Vessel of Honor Prayers
- The goal of this ten-day prayer is for us to consecrate ourselves to the Lord towards the year. It is our start of the year prayers for this year.
- Fasting is not necessarily required unless you want to.
- Wake up every night, any time between the hours of 12 midnight to 5 am, and spend at least one hour in God’s presence.
- Read the Bible and meditate on God’s Word
- Before you pray, spend time to sing and worship God and draw closer to Him in songs.
- As you pray and wait on the Lord, take note of whatever revelation He brings to your heart or in a dream, and turn them into prayer.
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Jesus Christ is the LORD.
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough