“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9
We don’t know the exact weakness that the apostle Paul had here that he prayed over and over to get rid of. I personally do not think that it was some secret sin or habit challenge. Some scholars suggest it was some kind of ailment.
However, what we do know from this scripture is that the weakness (whatever it was) tried to limit his boldness and impede his work for the Lord. And that is exactly what our weaknesses want to accomplish in our lives – to kill our confidence and boldness and derail our commitment to God’s assignments for our lives.
How did the Apostle Paul turn this weakness into divine strength?
- He recognized his weakness, and
- Brought it to the Lord in prayer
He didn’t try to cover it up and pretend as if everything was fine. The Bible says in Proverbs 28:13: “A man who refuses to admit his mistakes can never be successful. But if he confesses and forsakes them, he gets another chance (TLB).” The Message Bible puts it this way:
You can’t whitewash your sins and get by with it; you find mercy by admitting and leaving them.
No matter how you decorate and whitewash a grave, it will still be a grave. People may visit graves, but they won’t love to live there.
Don’t try to cover your weaknesses or explain them away. Recognize their impact in your life and seek God’s mercy and grace for victory.
We all have weaknesses that challenge our daily consecration and work for the Lord. These may be habits, sins, fears, faithlessness, prayerlessness, lusts, anger, foul words, etc. By recognizing these weaknesses and bringing them before the Lord, they are turned into strengths for His greater glory.
Tonight, let us come before God and pray for His grace over all the inner and outer struggles that we face, that have become weaknesses militating daily against our spiritual growth and progress.
The Scripture gives us great promises to hold onto as we pray tonight.
Hebrews 4:15-16 – For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Romans 8:26 – Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Psalm 73:26 – My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
2 Corinthians 12:10 – Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you recall all weaknesses warring against His purpose in your life.
- Surrender any weakness you can recall to the Lord and ask for His grace to turn them into strength.
- Pray, “Heavenly Father, I pray this day that the Holy Spirit will wake me up from all forms of spiritual laziness and slumber, in Jesus name.”
- Whatever the enemy has planted in my life and family, in the past, as a result of my spiritual laziness and sleepiness, LORD, let them be uprooted and destroyed this day, in Jesus name.
- LORD, I pray this day, open my eyes to see and understand what the enemies have damaged in my life, career, family and ministry; and help me in this season of waiting on thee to demand Your total restoration, in Jesus name.
- Anything that is making me powerless in the spiritual world, Lord Jesus Christ, take it out of my life, in Jesus’ name.
- Every door I have opened out of ignorance, fear or doubt, that has enabled the devil to harass my life and family before now, I close them this day, in Jesus name.
- From today, and all through this year, I humble myself before the LORD. And I resist the devil and his demons, in Jesus name.
Today’s Recommended Books
By His Stripes: God’s Promises and Prayers for Healing
Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life. Learn over 7 different ways that God is speaking to you with real-life case studies and exercises to get you to hear the voice of God in your daily life.
How to Participate in the Vessel of Honor Prayers
- The goal of this ten-day prayer is for us to consecrate ourselves to the Lord towards the year. It is our start of the year prayers for this year.
- Fasting is not necessarily required unless you want to.
- Wake up every night, any time between the hours of 12 midnight to 5 am, and spend at least one hour in God’s presence.
- Read the Bible and meditate on God’s Word
- Before you pray, spend time to sing and worship God and draw closer to Him in songs.
- As you pray and wait on the Lord, take note of whatever revelation He brings to your heart or in a dream, and turn them into prayer.
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Jesus Christ is the LORD.
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough