Vessel of Honor Prayers (Day 8): Wake Up Your Gifts
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” – Eph 2:10 (NIV)
Before we proceed in today’s prayer, make these declarations:
- I am God’s handiwork
- I am fearfully and wonderfully made
- I am created in Christ Jesus
- I am created to do good works
- I am blessed with unique gifts and skills
- God will use my gifts and skills for his glory, in Jesus name. Amen.
We all have unique gifts and skills designed to advance the kingdom of God and better our lives. Unfortunately, only very few people recognize their gifts, and fewer people put their gifts to good use.
I personally believe that if every Christian out there functioned effectively in their gifts, the world would be so afraid of us because of how we excel. Unfortunately, we seem to be stuck with binding the devil and struggling to get our daily needs met that we don’t even have time to question the special gifts and skills God gave us. We end up like the guy in Jesus’ parable who went and hid his talent out of fear (Matthew 25:14-30).
“It’s also like a man going off on an extended trip. He called his servants together and delegated responsibilities. To one he gave five thousand dollars, to another two thousand, to a third one thousand, depending on their abilities. Then he left. Right off, the first servant went to work and doubled his master’s investment. The second did the same. But the man with the single thousand dug a hole and carefully buried his master’s money.” – Matthew 25:14-18 (MSG)
The Message Bible translated the word talents into money here because these talents equal to money. If we recognize our gifts, skills and talents, they will not just advance the kingdom, they will also advance our lives economically. That is why I believe that this call to consecration is not complete without us praying to wake up our gifts, skills, and callings.
Matthew 25: 14-30 (MSG) – It’s also like a man going off on an extended trip. He called his servants together and delegated responsibilities. To one he gave five thousand dollars, to another two thousand, to a third one thousand, depending on their abilities. Then he left. Right off, the first servant went to work and doubled his master’s investment. The second did the same. But the man with the single thousand dug a hole and ….
1 Peter 4:10-11 (ESV) – 10 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: 11 whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Romans 12:1-21 (ESV) – I appeal to you, therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect…
- Heavenly Father, give me wisdom to recognize the gifts and talents you have blessed me with, in Jesus name.
- Lord, grant me opportunities and open doors this year to put my gifts into profitable use, for Your kingdom advancement and for my betterment, in Jesus name.
- May all my buried and undiscovered gifts begin to manifest today by the fire of the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- O Lord, I dedicate and consecrate my gifts, skills and talents to You. I recognize that You are the creator and giver of all good gifts. May I only become what You have designed me to become and may my gifts and skills glorify Your name on this earth, in Jesus name.
- This year, I will bear fruits that bring glory to Jesus Christ, for God has called me to bear fruits. So I will not be barren. My life will be fruitful, both spiritually and physically. Through my gifts and skills, God’s kingdom will go forward. Through my gifts, my generation will be blessed, in Jesus name.
- In the name of Jesus Christ, I decree that I will not leave this world without fully making use of all the gifts and callings that God has given to me. This world will be blessed through my life, gifts and talents, in Jesus name.
- May every attack on my gifts and skills, designed to frustrate and keep me unfulfilled cease today, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I command all my gifts, skills and talents to wake up from this day forward, and begin to speak loudly, in Jesus name.
- I command every spirit of fear, indiscipline, and laziness, projected to keep my gifts and skills from speaking out, to lose their grips on me from this day forward. I set myself free from all forms of limitations against my gifts and skills, and decree that I will henceforth excel in what God has empowered me to do and become, in Jesus name.
- Today, and onwards, I receive grace, wisdom and strength to labor on the gifts and talents that I have received from God, in Jesus name
Today’s Recommended Books
By His Stripes: God’s Promises and Prayers for Healing
Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life. Learn over 7 different ways that God is speaking to you with real-life case studies and exercises to get you to hear the voice of God in your daily life.
How to Participate in the Vessel of Honor Prayers
- The goal of this ten-day prayer is for us to consecrate ourselves to the Lord towards the year. It is our start of the year prayers for this year.
- Fasting is not necessarily required unless you want to.
- Wake up every night, any time between the hours of 12 midnight to 5 am, and spend at least one hour in God’s presence.
- Read the Bible and meditate on God’s Word
- Before you pray, spend time to sing and worship God and draw closer to Him in songs.
- As you pray and wait on the Lord, take note of whatever revelation He brings to your heart or in a dream, and turn them into prayer.
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Jesus Christ is the LORD.
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough