Vessel of Honor Prayers (Day 9): Choose to Be Encouraged Everyday No Matter What
“… David was greatly distressed because the people spoke of stoning him, for all of them were embittered, each man for his sons and daughters. But David felt strengthened and encouraged in the Lord his God.” – 2 Samuel 30:6
Let’s get this into our spirits: it doesn’t matter how we pray, we will still meet with people, situations, and events that will try to discourage us, and make us feel unloved, betrayed, and alone. Being prepared in advance with the word of God and prayer is the key to not letting these situations damage our faith in God and our outlook to life.
When things get really bad, and friends and acquaintances fail us, we need the power to stand, to encourage ourselves, and to move on. Like David, we need to learn how to encourage ourselves in the LORD and continue in His will for our lives.
When it seems that our prayers are being delayed, when it seems that things are getting worse, when it seems that we are praying and confessing, yet the jobs aren’t coming, the partner is still messing up, the changes are not happening as fast as we want. When we find ourselves in situations that we should be down, discouraged, and fretting, we can learn to encourage ourselves in God.
That was exactly what the three Hebrew boys did when they said, “well, we know that God will deliver us from this fire. But just in case He doesn’t deliver us, it’s okay, we will still not bow to your idols.”
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered King Nebuchadnezzar, “Your threat means nothing to us. If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn’t, it wouldn’t make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn’t serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up.” – Daniel 3:16-18 (MSG)
Look at that.
If you thought it was easy for these guys in that entire situation, you need to think again. They were humans, too. They had all the emotions we have. The difference is their consecration. For them, God is not an alternative. He’s the only option. So He’s going to deliver them. That’s what their faith tells them. However, just in case He didn’t deliver them, they weren’t going to bow to the idols.
“God, we know you will deliver us,” they prayed. “But just in case you don’t, it’s okay. You are still God.”
That is the highest level of consecration: Reminding ourselves that God is still God whether the needs are met or not.
Not, “Lord, if you deliver me, if you do this for me, if you answer me, I’m going to serve you.”
No. It is, “Lord, I ain’t got anywhere to go. You’re all I have.”
We need to come to a consecration point where we don’t measure God by how our needs are met, or how fast our prayers are answered.
And yes, God answers prayers. He delivered the three Hebrew boys, and will always deliver and protect us. But we don’t need to box ourselves into a corner where we say, “Lord, if this happens, then I will do this or that…”
It needs to be, “I’m not going to let anything draw me away from God this year. Not the attitudes of people, not even my yet-to-be answered prayers.”
Say with me:
“I know that things may not go 100% as I have prayed and confessed. But I will not allow any development and situation to discourage me. I will continually fix my eyes on Jesus and assure myself that God is at work in my life at all times, even when I don’t understand exactly the dynamics of what’s happening, in Jesus name. Amen.”
- Deuteronomy 7:7-11
- Matthew 10:29-31
- 1 Corinthians 10:13
- Ephesians 1:3-7
- Isaiah 41:10-11
- Isaiah 43:1-3
- Isaiah 46
- Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, I thank You because You are not a man that fails. Everything You have said concerning me is coming to pass. Thank You for standing for me at all times, in Jesus’ name.
- Father LORD, I pray, send me encouragement in every area of my life this year, in Jesus’ name.
- Today, LORD, I claim victory over the forces of discouragement. I come against the powers of depression, confusion of mind, fear, and doubt, in Jesus name.
- I decree that this year, the LORD is with me. He is my helper, my strength in weakness, and the lifter of my head. Therefore, I shall not fear the plans, threats, and intentions of mere mortals, in Jesus name (Psalm 118: 6, Hebrews 13: 6)
- O LORD, baptize me with the courage to walk in your plans for my life this year, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, give me the grace to encourage myself when the need arises. Empower me not to use people’s views, perceptions and judgments about me to judge myself, in Jesus name.
- Father, remind me constantly by the Holy Spirit that you are always at work in my life. Teach me to look up to you always and to not use the unfavorable situations of life to make wrong conclusions about your love and care for me, in Jesus name.
- This year, O LORD, help me to never dwell on my failures, weaknesses, and mistakes of the past. Help me to only focus on your love, wisdom and the new things you are doing in my life and destiny, in Jesus name (Isaiah 43:18-20).
- I speak to myself today and command myself to be confident in the LORD all through this year. I command myself to be bold and step out and walk in the plan of God for my life, in Jesus name.
- O LORD, I speak to the four corners of the earth this day. I speak to the east, west, north and southern parts of this world. I command encouragement and help to come to me all around this year, in Jesus name.
- This year, O LORD, make me an overall victor. I reject all forms of victim and loser mentality. I decree that my victory in all aspects of life becomes real, in Jesus name.
Today’s Recommended Books
Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
Less Panic, More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health.
By His Stripes: God’s Promises and Prayers for Healing
Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life. Learn over 7 different ways that God is speaking to you with real-life case studies and exercises to get you to hear the voice of God in your daily life.
How to Participate in the Vessel of Honor Prayers
- The goal of this ten-day prayer is for us to consecrate ourselves to the Lord towards the year. It is our start of the year prayers for this year.
- Fasting is not necessarily required unless you want to.
- Wake up every night, any time between the hours of 12 midnight to 5 am, and spend at least one hour in God’s presence.
- Read the Bible and meditate on God’s Word
- Before you pray, spend time to sing and worship God and draw closer to Him in songs.
- As you pray and wait on the Lord, take note of whatever revelation He brings to your heart or in a dream, and turn them into prayer.
- For easier access to our daily and weekly prayers, subscribe here
- Like our Facebook page and share this post
- Join our Facebook Prayer Group, BreakThrough Prayers Foundation.
Jesus Christ is the LORD.
Audio Books Now Available
To See all my Over 20 Audiobooks now available, Click Here. Below are some of them specifically. I am sure that these books will bless you.
- 120 Powerful Night Prayers that Will Change Your Life
- 28 Days of Praise Challenge: Dealing With Your Fears and Battles Through Intentional Praise
- Anger Management God’s Way: Bible Ways to Control Your Emotions, Get Healed of Hurts & Respond to Offenses …Plus Powerful Daily Prayers to Overcome Bad Anger Permanently
- By His Stripes: God’s Promises & Prayers for Healing
- Deliverance of the mind: Powerful Prayers to Deal With Mind Control, Fear, Anxiety, Depression, Anger and Other Negative Emotions.
- Healing Words: Daily Confessions & Declarations to Activate Your Healing
- How God Speaks to You: An ABC Guide to Hearing the Voice of God & Following His Direction for Your Life
- How to Exercise Authority Over Sickness: Authoritative Prayers and Declarations for Personal Healing, and Healing of Your Loved Ones
- How to Meditate on God’s Word: Fast and Easy Ways to Practice Intentional Bible Meditation and Grow in Faith, Worship, and Prayer
- Prayers to Find a Godly Spouse: Meditations, Prophetic Declarations and Biblical Foundation for Finding a Life Partner
- Praying the Promises of God for Daily Blessings and Breakthrough
- Take it By Force: 200 Violent Prayers for Deliverance, Healing and Financial Breakthrough
- Under His Shadow: God’s Promises and Prayers for Protection
- When God Is Silent: What to Do When Prayers Seems Unanswered or Delayed
- Beside the Still Waters: God’s Promises and Prayers for Guidance and Direction | Learn to Know the Will of God & Make Right Decisions
- Less Panic More Hope: God’s Promises and Prayers to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Depression – Scriptures and Prayers for Mental Health
- How to Pray for Your Family: Plus Over 70 Prayers for Your Family’s Salvation, Healing, Restoration, and Breakthrough
- Prayers that Break Curses: Everything You Need to Know About Curses, and Powerful Prayers to Stop All Kinds of Curses
- 20 Commonly Asked Questions About Demons: Answers You Need to Bind and Cast Out Demons, Heal the Sick, and Experience Breakthrough